development squad v Bratislava

bluenoz

I believe Patterson is less than a year away from pushing for a place in the first team at right back. Kennedy isn't ready yet  physically and the same goes for NYC. Anytime I have seen Mebude, he hasn't impressed me but he seems to get rave reviews. Kelly & Barjanos are ready for the step up as is Mayo.

51 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

How does the UEFA Youth League work? I thought it was a group stage then knockout thing?

Teams that qualify directly for the Champions League all have their u19s included in a group stage that mirror the first team's Champions League fixtures.

Then there is a separate path for domestic youth league champions whose first teams never qualified for the Champions League. These teams play 2 knockout rounds. Then there is draw for the group runners up, and the domestic champions who have come through the qualifying rounds. The winners then go through to the last 16 against the group winners.

23 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Teams that qualify directly for the Champions League all have their u19s included in a group stage that mirror the first team's Champions League fixtures.

Then there is a separate path for domestic youth league champions whose first teams never qualified for the Champions League. These teams play 2 knockout rounds. Then there is an all in draw for the group stage winners, runners up, and the domestic champions who have come through the qualifying rounds.

We are now through to the all in draw.

Sounds bonkers reading that format, good luck to youngsters.

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I slightly fucked it up. It now goes to one off knock out matches. We have a play off round to be played in February and we will be at home against one of the group runners up.

It's still madness, the Nation's league is easier to follow. 

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Then there is a separate path for domestic youth league champions whose first teams never qualified for the Champions League. These teams play 2 knockout rounds. Then there is draw for the group runners up, and the domestic champions who have come through the qualifying rounds. The winners then go through to the last 16 against the group winners.

If ever there was an example of let’s take a simple thing and over complicate it

If at least half a dozen of this group don't make a very good career out of the game it will be travesty.

Not all of them will realistically make it with us but in years to come Patterson, Mayo, Kennedy, Mcpake, Mebude, Kelly and Young-Coombes  should have an 8 figure sum collective worth.

13 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

If at least half a dozen of this group don't make a very good career out of the game it will be travesty.

Not all of them will realistically make it with us but in years to come Patterson, Mayo, Kennedy, Mcpake, Mebude, Kelly and Young-Coombes  should have an 8 figure sum collective worth.

I like your optimisism, but it will be unlikely that even 2-3 of your final group will ever get a sniff at the regular first team based on our previous history. Hopefully you are right, and that we can start churning out young talent - but at the moment we are caught up in a battle to win a long overdue title. Sadly, that's were youth development will be stunted.

3 minutes ago, pcbear said:

NYC has the right time right place goal poaching knack that looks natural to me.

He's been working with Lovenkrands on that, can mind reading he gave him an earful at HT in the first leg for not following up a spilled shot. NYC popped up with that exact kind of goal in the second half.

Boys listening and learning, can only be a good thing.

1 hour ago, cstamomusa said:

I like Murty. He was out of his depth been the senior squad manager but seems like the role he has just now is suited to him.

I will be forever be grateful though for him going to parkheed and getting a point aff the taigs when we wur written aff by every cunt.

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Kelly will be in first team squad next season imo 

13 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Everytime we've seen clips of him he looks like he's gonna be good for us in the future, im sure he came with a solid rep as well

Need to get him on the Jamie Barjonas workout routine so he fills out a bit but he has ability and a hes a bit gallus..... love to see that.

2 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Need to get him on the Jamie Barjonas workout routine so he fills out a bit but he has ability and a hes a bit gallus..... love to see that.

We just need to let him develop as he is, bulking him up could take away what makes him good.

Archived