Do we lack the killer instinct?

Thermopylae

I beg to differ with many on here in this thread, fucksake I think there are some short memories of our teams that still got pumped with Barry, Graeme and indeed Fernando in them. We dropped points, we lost games no one questioned leadership etc then.

The over-reaction is mental. We dropped points and to be fair to Jack and Alfie they were due an off game. The fact is we drew (should have won) at a place we find difficult and is their cup final. I am not condoning shite defending and missing opportunities but dint pretent the three other former players dragged us over the line every time we were in trouble, that is just bullshit.

It was a terrible result against a terrible team but let's calm down. The most important thing is to keep calm and composed from the players and the fans. Just stay within touching distance of them. It's  a marathon not a sprint. It only matters who is top around April/May time. Keep at it and keep chipping away wins.

14 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

We lack a sheer will to win. We won’t play great football for 90mins or every game but our previous title winning teams would have got 3pts last night, even if dragged back to 2-2, we would have still gotten it over the line.
Also, sick of any pish suggesting it’s a tough away fixture, they are gash with zero tactics other than punt and rush and we got dragged down to their level.  We should have murdered them last night and in a tight title race you just cannot give up points like that. It wasn’t from anything they did or create, we fucked it up.  
There’s clearly lots of positives this season and we are much stronger but SG’s inability to change things when it’s going against us is bordering on Warburton now.  Drop the offenders, kick their arses big style, stop persevering with shite bags when we need to tough games out and make the captain someone who won’t accept second best cos he can still drive his Lambo home whatever the result.  Don’t even need to go as far back as Souness, Barry and Fernando as captains wouldn’t have accepted that shite last night. 

Much truth in that, but many in denial as standards drop and know nothing else.

You don't get mch support in calling out the weaknesses of the likes of Tav and Goldson, such is the nature of our support now. Surrender monkeys both on the park and off it and last night we surrendered big time, but not to worry!

1 hour ago, MurrayWilson said:

The player who should be the leader is always youre captain. Unfortunately our captain isn't and never will be a leader. If we had rightfully been given that penalty its even money that he would even have scored it under the pressure. He isn't maybe as bad a player as some make out but you would be doing him a favour taking the captaincy off him, its too heavy a burden for him. Youre either cut out for it or you aren't. Not picking on him specifically but he perfectly epitomises whats wrong mentally with the whole team.

spot on mate.

22 hours ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Or in  any sport tbh. Colin Montgomerie in golf (5 times runner up in majors); Jimmy White in snooker (7 time runner up at World Championship). Hugely gifted bottle merchants sadly.

We have mental toughness in the team. You can see the hunger in Kent & Morelos particularly. Those guys believe in themselves 100% and, just as important, believe they can be winners this season.

The next 2 games are biggies ... hopefully we will now come of age 

22 hours ago, DMax399 said:

The game was in the bag at 2-0.

I’m more concerned that we still implode defensively at times, rather than keep things simple.

To draw that game from the position we were in smacks of naivety.  

That was the first time we haven't won in ten attempts when scoring first. I can't remember watching a game change so drastically as that one.

On 05/12/2019 at 08:34, Stunels said:

Certain players lack in a winning mentality, I guess this is similar to what you mean by killer instinct?  Because Morelos certainly has killer instinct in front of goal.

Its players like Tav, serial losers, who worry me the most when it comes to instinct.

serial losers??   He's never played with a winning club till he joined us - how does that make him a serial loser?   Wish folk would stop byng into phrases from papish cunts like Charlie Nicholas.

On 05/12/2019 at 19:18, dummiesoot said:

I beg to differ with many on here in this thread, fucksake I think there are some short memories of our teams that still got pumped with Barry, Graeme and indeed Fernando in them. We dropped points, we lost games no one questioned leadership etc then.

The over-reaction is mental. We dropped points and to be fair to Jack and Alfie they were due an off game. The fact is we drew (should have won) at a place we find difficult and is their cup final. I am not condoning shite defending and missing opportunities but dint pretent the three other former players dragged us over the line every time we were in trouble, that is just bullshit.

I think there is a big reaction simply because we were so dominant, and also because of the manner the filth won their game. If we had clawed 2 goals back to draw, and the filth had just gone out and won 3-0 then the reaction might have been a bit calmer. We might be talking about salvaging a valuable point.

Archived