******Official Rangers v Young Boys Thread********

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Supersonic said:

I'd like to see if it actually is Morelos or Tav on the next one. If it's Tav that takes the next pen, it's clear Gerrard was talking shite.

Not so much talking shite as protecting tav. I think tav wanted morelos to get that monkey off his back, but if he said that the haters would call tav a loser

4 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I'd like to see if it actually is Morelos or Tav on the next one. If it's Tav that takes the next pen, it's clear Gerrard was talking shite.

Or it could just be a case of Tav as the captain saying to Morelos I will assume the responsibility for taking penalties again

1 minute ago, MacBoyd said:

Not so much talking shite as protecting tav. I think tav wanted morelos to get that monkey off his back, but if he said that the haters would call tav a loser

I think that's exactly what he was doing yesterday (protecting Tav) but plenty on social media believe every single word out of Gerrard's mouth. 

Just now, Supersonic said:

I think that's exactly what he was doing yesterday (protecting Tav) but plenty on social media believe every single word out of Gerrard's mouth. 

Don't really get your issue with it though. I agreed at the time with what tav did and Gerrard knows how our fans view tav

1 minute ago, MacBoyd said:

Don't really get your issue with it though. I agreed at the time with what tav did and Gerrard knows how our fans view tav

My issue is he should've taken it. No captain of old would've passed up that unbelievably important penalty. He couldn't handle the pressure of potentially missing it, if that's the case in my opinion. 

Honestly we should win this game. I might be wrong but I am pretty sure that they really aren't a great side Young Boys. 

If we cannot get through on Thursday we have only ourselves to blame. No hard luck stories. 

If we go out on Thursday Gerrards managerial career at Rangers could quite possibly read two seasons, no trophies, successfully guided Rangers to the group stages of the europa league in two seasons.

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Would hope he’d leave Kamara out, thought he was rotten yesterday.

Agreed.

Poor passing, again. Positionally in transition from attack to defence he was terrible, gave so much space to their RB. If Borna wasn't playing he could have been at fault for us losing the game by more than 1. Which is mental to think considering how dominant we were. 

1 minute ago, ben51 said:

Agreed.

Poor passing, again. Positionally in transition from attack to defence he was terrible, gave so much space to their RB. If Borna wasn't playing he could have been at fault for us losing the game by more than 1. Which is mental to think considering how dominant we were. 

Had a stinker against Frimpong when he attacked him

Archived