******Official Rangers v Young Boys Thread********

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So a win tops the group, a draw gets us through but we ge a tough tie.  If the unthinkable happens and we have a mare we can still progress as long as Porto don't beat Feyenoord.

Is that correct?  Any other scenarios I am missing?

Topping the group would be massive, missing out on the dropouts from the CL gives a better chance of reaching the last 16.  Where we go from there , who knows.

I think we will rebound from the cup final quite quickly, go on to win this game 2-1 with Morelos scoring both goals.

1 hour ago, gogzy said:

So a win tops the group, a draw gets us through but we ge a tough tie.  If the unthinkable happens and we have a mare we can still progress as long as Porto don't beat Feyenoord.

Is that correct?  Any other scenarios I am missing?

Topping the group would be massive, missing out on the dropouts from the CL gives a better chance of reaching the last 16.  Where we go from there , who knows.

I think we will rebound from the cup final quite quickly, go on to win this game 2-1 with Morelos scoring both goals.

Your scenarios are correct mate.

But topping the group still gives us the same chance of getting a CL dropout team as finishing 2nd does.

The last 32 are split into 16 seeds and 16 non seeds. 

12 group winners plus the 4 highest point scoring 3rd place CL sides are seeded.

12 group runners up plus the remaining 4 CL dropouts are unseeded.

Seeds play non seeds apart from same country seperation of course. 

Hope that makes sense? 👍

1 hour ago, TheCutch said:

Your scenarios are correct mate.

But topping the group still gives us the same chance of getting a CL dropout team as finishing 2nd does.

The last 32 are split into 16 seeds and 16 non seeds. 

12 group winners plus the 4 highest point scoring 3rd place CL sides are seeded.

12 group runners up plus the remaining 4 CL dropouts are unseeded.

Seeds play non seeds apart from same country seperation of course. 

Hope that makes sense? 👍

I'll be happy to just progress any way we can. However it'll be an extremely big ask to progress if we draw some of the Champions League dropouts. RB Salzburg, Ajax, Inter...

6 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Sorry if already posted, can’t see it anywhere:

The distribution model for 2021/22 has still to be agreed so if the likes of Juventus get their way it’s unlikely Scotland or 15th will have 2 places then.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Some of CL drop outs would be great draws trip wise but really difficult football wise.

I’d fancy Red Star or Dinamo Zagreb if their group stays as it is 

No thanks to Leverkusen and Club Brugge

17 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I'm worried about this game. I said before match day 1 that YB's would be the best side. I know we should have won in Berne but this will not be as straight-forward as some people have suggested. 

They're absolutely not the best side though. This is the easiest of our three home games and we've beaten the other two so should be confident.

1 hour ago, BillStruthBear said:

Absolutely. Honestly no idea how they turned us over and if they hadn't, we'd already be through and they'd already be out. Let's hope we make sure this time.

That’s us gave it the kiss of death 🙈😂😩

16 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I like to pick my team before the press conference to see if I'm close....

McGregor

Tav   Goldson  Katic  Barisic

Jack.     Arfield.       Kamara

Stewart         Morelos       Kent

I'm assuming Helander will not be fit. Stewart got taken off at HT today so should be good to go. My love affair with Aribo is starting to fade.

Exactly the lineup I’d go for looks our strongest team on paper Obviously Davis aside 

Archived