******Official Rangers v Young Boys Thread********

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Barisic M8  -- TBH was disappointed (angry) the way Helander went down/off vs the Taigs seemed a nothing challenge but SG says he got a bad one on the top of the foot.  

Haha I think I've been spelling that wrong since he signed.

56 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

For those who are interested in coefficients 

APOEL somehow beat Sevilla tonight so Cyprus overtook Scotland for 15th (The final position with 2 CL spaces) 

Seville had already won the group, and APOEL had already qualified in second. 

Surely no one in the Cyprus FA would have suggested that Seville should lose the game 1-0 ?

(APOEL scored early on after 17 minutes, and Seville, a top Spanish side with massive European experience had 2 shots on target in what effectively was a bounce game, but hey, that's football)

Just now, superallysbears said:

Thought that ref was fucking murder the night, has he no done the champions League final before Tae?

Aye he’s been about for years and I think is usually alright but seemed to have made the conscious decision that Alfredo wasn’t getting anything from him before the game even started 

Realy happy to have qualified out that group that was essentially a champions league level group. But after watching the second half again that performance will never be good enough for a Rangers team we have too many players who are not up to the task. Why did goldson not stop the ball coming into the box for their goal stuck a foot out like a big girl instead of going in hard to win the ball im not just blaming him we lost our composure all over the pitch second half and if we want to win silverware this season we need to be at it for ninety minutes in a game and stop doing what we do well for half a game or we will win the square route of fuck all. Also Gerrard had to bring on the two subs we had left if even just to waste some time and see out the win very naive on his part not for the first time this season. Need to focus now starting Sunday we need to get maximum points before facing the scum at the end of the month then hopefully skelp them in their own midden and set down our marker for the rest of the season.  Rant over 

8 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Lose that equaliser 5 minutes before we did and were out, they would have scored a winner.

That is what is pissing people off, from coasting we almost slit our own throats again, finding brand new ways to lose and brand new ways of basically making a cunt of it.

Hmm so you've went from it not being a priority and not being bothered if we qualify too having a bit of a meltdown over being second in the group , wonder how many that were losing their shit last night said similar 

Screenshot_20191213-062740_Samsung Internet.jpg

Was really really impressed with Borna, guy came into his own last night, showed a bit of fight which had been missing for months & looks a quality player on his day. Happy to say that I was wrong writing the guy off.

We've got an issue out wide though that needs to get sorted quickly, our wingers/inside forwards contribute very little to every match, regardless of who plays there. Ojo isn't a Rangers player and Kent still looks to be struggling with fitness. The others are just shoehorned into a position they cant really play.

Qualification is job done. Battered YB in the first half and looked comfortable siting back in the second. No blame to Barisic for the equaliser. It was just bad luck.

Before a ball was kicked  in the group I would have been delighted to finish second so I don't understand my feelings of regret this morning.

2 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

Qualification is job done. Battered YB in the first half and looked comfortable siting back in the second. No blame to Barisic for the equaliser. It was just bad luck.

Before a ball was kicked  in the group I would have been delighted to finish second so I don't understand my feelings of regret this morning.

Probably because we deserved to win every game and somehow only came out with 9points 

And the team that finished top we took 4 points from 

3 hours ago, giffnockger said:

Great first half and job done in the end. Any 3 points on Sunday now please. Can someone please explain why Ojo comes on as first sub every week? When was the last time he contributed in any way? Fed up of him skipping about 

Got to agree mate we must have better and a more interested player in our youth set up than keep playing him he brings nothing to the team week in week out.

3 hours ago, giffnockger said:

Great first half and job done in the end. Any 3 points on Sunday now please. Can someone please explain why Ojo comes on as first sub every week? When was the last time he contributed in any way? Fed up of him skipping about uninterested!

He was widely defended on here at the start of the season due to racking up some stats that were similar to Kent’s last year 

The difference was Ojo racked them up playing against the likes of St Joseph’s and Progres 

It’s clear now that he’s absolute dross and has to go his last contribution was scoring against Feyenoord which was his only contribution in the full game 

Nobody will tell me Ojo is getting picked like that because of his form, surely the loan contract has something in it about  him needing to play if fit, or it costs us money.

I'm hoping if this is the arrangement then after the new year it is no more and he can then sit on the side lines.

Back home after the game ( I'm in Northumberland).  I took my youngest to the game and she had a great time.
The rain played it's part in reducing the quality of our play.

Enjoyable first half. Poor second half performance.

I had a chicken curry pie instead of the steak pie I always have.

Got to Cessnock and there was no queue outside so a good result then after 10 the exit poll showed a Tory victory.

3 hours ago, 1690KWilliam said:

Most annoying thing about it was the fact that Porto won the group with a minus goal difference and only got a draw at home vs us. 

Two last minute goals have cost us 3 more points. Hell, we’d be top if one of those was prevented. Still great to go through.

Where the hell is the Motherwell thread? Heads will roll....

Archived