Who Is Our Most Under Rated Player?

TopCat

I think we all agree that Kamara, Morelos, and Jack are very good players - they might just be better than we think. Goldson, on the other hand, seems to genuinely be held in low esteem by some posters here - even though he’s the core of our defence - so I think the biggest gap between how we rate him and how much he offers has to be him. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goldson easy. Gets slaughtered for the kinds of mistakes that if Katic does them they're largely ignored. Katic makes more big mistakes yet he's a hero. 

I love Katic, just to be clear.  He's definitely judged by tinted specs compared to others though. Probably because his style and character are easy to like.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Goldson easy. Gets slaughtered for the kinds of mistakes that if Katic does them they're largely ignored. Katic makes more big mistakes yet he's a hero. 

I love Katic, just to be clear.  He's definitely judged by tinted specs compared to others though. Probably because his style and character are easy to like.

Shots fired.

52 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

There certainly is. We have proved we can cope and play extremely well without Davis.

Should we lose Jack, Barisic, Tav or Morelos/Kent for a long spell we would see a bigger impact.

Totally disagree with @Inigo that Katic makes more big mistakes than Goldson. Goldson has been lucky his howlers don't always result in goals. 

The sellic penalty was the latest, but he's been caught out a fair few times.

On 12/01/2020 at 13:32, Inigo said:

Katic often gets dropped when he's very good and/or not so good. 

Goldson never gets dropped good or bad. 

On 11/01/2020 at 17:36, Creampuff said:

Goldson.

The guy consistently strolls it yet there’s a bizarre perception that he’s dodgy in some way.

He was shite vs celtic at ibrox was a bombscare at Pittodrie and he was poor at tynecastle also , the 3 games we’ve dropped points in he had a hand in the goals we conceded. 

Until the St Mirren game it had to be Barisic 🇬🇧

said from the first Osijek game that he was a player and was buzzing when signed. Us Rangers fans are a hard lot to please and expectations are so high. Think we need to remember that when foreign players arrive that it can take time to settle.

For me I absolutely love the guy and hope he signs an extended contract and remains a main stay in the team for the next few years. I would honestly knock back £15 million (and the rest) for him as think he is an integral part of our team.

Tav had that immense season where he could do no wrong and gets judged to that standard and I think that's why he gets a lot of stick. When Candeias went I think that was a bad thing for him as those 2 linked up very well together.

But for me I still don't really rate Kamara, down to how often he misplaces simple passes and brings pressure on the defence when pressed. Yes most of the time he deals with the pressure and we play the ball around the opposition but when he does get caught out it can cost us.

6 hours ago, GlasgowRangers1983 said:

Until the St Mirren game it had to be Barisic 🇬🇧

said from the first Osijek game that he was a player and was buzzing when signed. Us Rangers fans are a hard lot to please and expectations are so high. Think we need to remember that when foreign players arrive that it can take time to settle.

For me I absolutely love the guy and hope he signs an extended contract and remains a main stay in the team for the next few years. I would honestly knock back £15 million (and the rest) for him as think he is an integral part of our team.

An integral part of our team and his national side. Hope he signs a new deal soon.

Archived