Game of the Decade

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just replaying MGS5 there and can't believe I forgot it. Deserves an honorable mention at least imo.

Also replayed Witcher 3 on PC as well with few mods that improve the combat and its definitely a much better game than I gave it credit for. Still think GOW is the best game I've played the last 10 year but Wild Hunt (with the modded combat) is much closer than I first thought.

33 minutes ago, dougie76 said:

Got 4 and 76 but just can't get into them.

4 is OK but it's not a good Fallout game if you get what I mean it lacks the RPG and survival elements instead leaving a single player Call of Duty campaign essentially with a mind blowing lack of choice. 

I've never played 76 so I can't comment on that. 

Don't really play console games anymore for some reason but have a few on the PC.

Love Stellaris where you start of on a single planet and explore, research, colonise and meet various alien races to conquer. Of course you don't need to conquer them but I have always been a megalomaniac in these sort of games. 

Plenty of stories through various quests and galactic conquest combine to keep the game new along with lots of expansions keep the game fresh. Easily moddable to turn it into an entirely different game too.

Multiplayer available although I tend to lose badly and quickly whenever I tried that.

5 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

Don't really play console games anymore for some reason but have a few on the PC.

Love Stellaris where you start of on a single planet and explore, research, colonise and meet various alien races to conquer. Of course you don't need to conquer them but I have always been a megalomaniac in these sort of games. 

Plenty of stories through various quests and galactic conquest combine to keep the game new along with lots of expansions keep the game fresh. Easily moddable to turn it into an entirely different game too.

Multiplayer available although I tend to lose badly and quickly whenever I tried that.

I've watched the YouTuber Many a True Nerd play through Stellaris and it looks excellent but I've never played it. 

2 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I've watched the YouTuber Many a True Nerd play through Stellaris and it looks excellent but I've never played it. 

Love it mate and keep going back to it. Played it with a star wars and star trek conversion mod and the guys who do them are talented as fuck.

Think that you are getting on top and a crisis happens where some mad extragalactic threat kicks your arse, survive that and you have ancient races waking up and deciding to play. Plenty of references throughout the game to things as far apart as Babylon 5 to Lovecraft. Really is worth reading all the little messages that you get.

1 minute ago, Darth Bear said:

Love it mate and keep going back to it. Played it with a star wars and star trek conversion mod and the guys who do them are talented as fuck.

Think that you are getting on top and a crisis happens where some mad extragalactic threat kicks your arse, survive that and you have ancient races waking up and deciding to play. Plenty of references throughout the game to things as far apart as Babylon 5 to Lovecraft. Really is worth reading all the little messages that you get.

I don't have a PC that can handle it so it isn't an option for me to play but I do like his play through. 

Just now, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I don't have a PC that can handle it so it isn't an option for me to play but I do like his play through. 

It is quite intensive if you have the lot maybe the base game would work for you?

Not seen any of these play throughs might have to have a look and see if I can pick up any tips :tu:

1 hour ago, Darth Bear said:

It is quite intensive if you have the lot maybe the base game would work for you?

Not seen any of these play throughs might have to have a look and see if I can pick up any tips :tu:

My PC runs Fallout New Vegas and that's about it it is old. 

On 18/02/2020 at 14:05, BouncyBluenose87 said:

Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3 or Nioh..

On yoursel mate! Get sekiro then ya madman.  I just bought Dark souls remastered for a laugh:pipe:

On 25/02/2020 at 16:25, Darth Bear said:

Good call on the modded Stellaris. I played way too many hours as the Klingon Empire in the Star Trek New Horizons, Into the mirror darkly Mod. Superb stuff from the creators, I found myself playing that wee bit longer of a night hoping to get the next upgrade to my fleet as the Klingon Empire has some smashing toys. Also playing as the furrowed fore headed guys, you are not hamstrung by the pishy pacifist doctrine of the Federation races, any cunt gives you lip, send in a fleet and blow the shit out of them. Anyone who has Stellaris, I thoroughly recommend the Star Trek mod, even if you are not a Trekkie.

• 1 month later...
On 04/03/2020 at 12:06, Getstiffed said:

Came out in 2009 mate. Could've been in with a shout if it was out 2010-2020.

We're still in 2020 so the decade we're discussing would be 2009-2019.

GTA or RDR2 by a country mile.

also a special shout out to assassins creed black flag, what a fucking game and by far the best AC created so far. 

Archived