Club refusing press access

ScottBF2

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Mental that people think a blogger should be allowed, like he says if ones allowed you'll have them all wanting allowed lol

Was more to do with the club through Club 1872 asking us to use more of these types of sources for info but still giving airtime to these other sources and allowing them to set the narrative by asking the questions.

Not moaning by any means, thought it seemed interesting that we went down this route though.

With regards to the 'press pass' side, we can give or refuse access to anyone we like. 

8 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

:tu:

Would cause us to attract more shite ..... the tarrier press would have a field day ..... "only union recognised press allowed" and such ..... ironic really that the tarrier press would be running greeting to their "Union" about non union bloggers trying to get on their patch ..... most definitely the only fucking time they will ever recognise the term .... Union ..... :p:

:UK:

Press association is a professional body.

I think you are thinking of NUJ (National Inion of Journalists) membership - entirely different.

3 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

I think you are thinking of NUJ (National Inion of Journalists) membership - entirely different.

Yes I know they are different bodies mate ..... one an outlet one a union ..... but if there was was to be a complaint against us for allowing unregistered NUJ members to enter the press conferences .... the NUJ would be the route the members' complaints would be directed to for any potential action to be taken against us ....as it is set up to protect the rights of individual journalists to ply their trade unhindered by non-members.

I think the Club are following the rules .... and by doing so .... are covering themselves like they did with Gollum ..... whereas with an "unregistered" individual or group .... it has not the same control. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Yes I know they are different bodies mate ..... one an outlet one a union ..... but if there was was to be a complaint against us for allowing unregistered NUJ members to enter the press conferences .... the NUJ would be the route the members' complaints would be directed to for any potential action to be taken against us ....as it is set up to protect the rights of individual journalists to ply their trade unhindered by non-members.

I think the Club are following the rules .... and by doing so .... are covering themselves like they did with Gollum ..... whereas with an "unregistered" individual or group .... it has not the same control. 

What rules ?????

They don’t have any control over the press either, which is blatantly obvious by what they write. 
In today’s world the term press conference is dead, it’s more a media conference so every aspect of the media should be allowed to cover it if they want. By all means keep the numbers down but to just refuse someone because they aren’t in “The Press” is laughable. 

1 minute ago, Thermopylae said:

The news papers are on death row hopefully a few less Bears putting money in their pockets will flick the switch 

I would love it if they just did their own stuff on their website and YouTube. There is not many people nowadays that don't have access to the internet.

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

What rules ?????

They don’t have any control over the press either, which is blatantly obvious by what they write. 
In today’s world the term press conference is dead, it’s more a media conference so every aspect of the media should be allowed to cover it if they want. By all means keep the numbers down but to just refuse someone because they aren’t in “The Press” is laughable. 

In all honesty mate I think it is more practical and prudent than that .... as an analogy .... would you really just allow anyone the access  to come into your own line of work without the proper qualifications and disclosures .... or let an unlicensed electrician or gas fitter ..... or any other trade carry out work in your house without the proper qualifications .... or an unqualified doctor to treat you or any member of your family when you or them were ill? ...... what comeback or cover would you have when contacting your insurance for any damage caused to you or your family? .... not a lot I'm sure.

Regardless of how we all feel about and hate the unfair treatment .... media wise .... of our Club by the "The Press" up here .... the answer is not to just allow any blogger to attend PC's just because they are pro Rangers ....as these PC's  are all available online anyway ..... as you have posted many yourself ..... the answer is to either employ the right people to sort out our PR problems ...... or even better .... just start winning trophies .... and shut the negative publicity down in one fell swoop.

🇬🇧

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

In all honesty mate I think it is more practical and prudent than that .... as an analogy .... would you really just allow anyone the access  to come into your own line of work without the proper qualifications and disclosures .... or let an unlicensed electrician or gas fitter ..... or any other trade carry out work in your house without the proper qualifications .... or an unqualified doctor to treat you or any member of your family when you or them were ill? ...... what comeback or cover would you have when contacting your insurance for any damage caused to you or your family? .... not a lot I'm sure.

Regardless of how we all feel about and hate the unfair treatment .... media wise .... of our Club by the "The Press" up here .... the answer is not to just allow any blogger to attend PC's just because they are pro Rangers ....as these PC's  are all available online anyway ..... as you have posted many yourself ..... the answer is to either employ the right people to sort out our PR problems ...... or even better .... just start winning trophies .... and shut the negative publicity down in one fell swoop.

🇬🇧

No they aren't. The broadcast presser is edited and made available. The print one isn't.

5 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

NUJ is a trade union. There's no obligation to be a member of the NUJ. It can help but lots of journalists aren't in it.

PA aren't a professional body in the manner of a regulatory body. They are just another news outlet. They provide copy to countless others for a subscription fee. Same as Reuters.

25 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

🇬🇧

This isn’t just anyone though it’s guys or women that put the time and effort into running a social media site about Rangers or just Sport in general. Rangers can decide if the quality of their site is up to scratch. 

What’s the first thing we all moan about when the PC pops up? The quality of the questions. 
So why not let some new blood in especially ones that are interested in Rangers and not just some agenda drive pish, to see if they can raise the quality of the questions. Let’s be honest the standard can’t get any worse. 

To be honest the whole thing reeks of an old boys club and none of you new riff raff are allowed in. 

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

This isn’t just anyone though it’s guys or women that put the time and effort into running a social media site about Rangers or just Sport in general. Rangers can decide if the quality of their site is up to scratch. 

What’s the first thing we all moan about when the PC pops up? The quality of the questions. 
So why not let some new blood in especially ones that are interested in Rangers and not just some agenda drive pish, to see if they can raise the quality of the questions. Let’s be honest the standard can’t get any worse. 

Whatever the reasons the Club have for not allowing them to participate in the Pc's ..... I do agree with you on the quality and agenda of some of the hack packs' questioning mate ... of that there is no doubt.

New Rangers minded blood is always something to keep the interest positive and questions non agenda driven ..... my hesitation lies with the presumption that the questions become soft ... due to being Rangers minded .... and then lose any real insight or purpose. 

🇬🇧

17 hours ago, MisterC said:

If they let one blogger or whatever in then they'd have to let in others and some would be aggrieved at being left out. A shitstorm the club is wise to avoid

I think they should let 4Lads and JJ in to do their thing 👀

38 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No they aren't. The broadcast presser is edited and made available. The print one isn't.

Duh! ..... your point is? ..... FFS we still only see what is put out there from RTV .... I know what my point was and it had nothing to do with any printed material ... so fuck off.

🇬🇧

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Duh! ..... your point is? ..... FFS we still only see what is put out there from RTV .... I know what my point was and it had nothing to do with any printed material ... so fuck off.

🇬🇧

That the press conferences aren't all available on line. An edited version of one of them is available while snippets of the other are

32 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

To be honest the whole thing reeks of an old boys club and none of you new riff raff are allowed in. 

Oh you have no idea... 

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

What rules ?????

You have been watching too much Notting Hill or working for Horse and Hound.

The integrity of the press died some time ago indeed if it ever had any, it has no respect now, that is MSM, especially the Scottish MSM. Time for the Rangers establishment to pick and choose who they want at media conferences, MSM and others. It’s not hard to find out who you can trust for a fair crack of the whip in this wee twisted parochial wilderness.

9 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

Interested in your take on the whole thing. You been given press credentials for Ibrox before?

Yes. I personally think it should be a much more open process to get them. Just now it's basically a season-ticket approach where outlets are given a seat for the whole campaign. The club are really helpful on some stuff and woeful on others. Rangers and celtic are much harder to get in than other clubs but engagement with fan-led media across Scottish football could be much better - and not all because of the clubs.

Archived