Where's Alfredo?

2 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Exactly. Score a few against Leverkusen and he’ll be back on peoples radar (if he ever went away)

‘Up to about £10m’? You have to be joking.

I know a lot has changed in recent weeks but it's not that long ago when Martin Keown  was quoting him in the region of £40m  if he starts to score regularly again and in Europe then despite the disciplinary issues he should command a lot nearer £40m than up to £10m

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

I know a lot has changed in recent weeks but it's not that long ago when Martin Keown  was quoting him in the region of £40m  if he starts to score regularly again and in Europe then despite the disciplinary issues he should command a lot nearer £40m than up to £10m

Who do you think will come in for him?

17 minutes ago, Smile said:

I can see why you get so defensive of Morelos now you both seem to be quite immature. A lad is not young at 23 and does not excuse his behaviour.

😂😂 typical response from you.

Have a nice day hating our own players. 👍👍

The club has played a role in this and need to share the blame.  Alfredo was allowed to go to Columbia and show up in Dubai a few days after everyone else. And now, through kindness, only a few weeks later he has been granted permission again. No-one knows the extent of his mother's illness but a flight from Scotland-Columbia is 15 hrs. It would take days to recover from jet-lag. It was madness to let him go again. People blame Arfield's  lacklustre play in flying to and from Canada which is half the distance!

I never thought I would say this but for the first time ever Morelos doesn't make my starting 11 on Wednesday. People will say he has already been punished but I say his punishment should be further for playing his part in Saturday's horrific loss.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

The club has played a role in this and need to share the blame.  Alfredo was allowed to go to Columbia and show up in Dubai a few days after everyone else. And now, through kindness, only a few weeks later he has been granted permission again. No-one knows the extent of his mother's illness but a flight from Scotland-Columbia is 15 hrs. It would take days to recover from jet-lag. It was madness to let him go again. People blame Arfield's  lacklustre play in flying to and from Canada which is half the distance!

I never thought I would say this but for the first time ever Morelos doesn't make my starting 11 on Wednesday. People will say he has already been punished but I say his punishment should be further for playing his part in Sunday's horrific loss.

He didn’t play on SATURDAY??

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I never thought I would say this but for the first time ever Morelos doesn't make my starting 11 on Wednesday. People will say he has already been punished but I say his punishment should be further for playing his part in Saturday's horrific loss.

Morelos wasn't playing in Braga and we beat them having played really well.    Morelos is not to blame for the fact  that  we cannot beat Hearts without him in two games.     This whole thread has become utterly ridiculous.  Morelos is being made a scapegoat for the entire squad  playing  like amateurs domestically since the New Year.

17 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The problem is we will have to play him to sell him or expect to get any money for him.

43 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

I think Everton or Newcastle or similar teams in England,  perhaps Leicester.  Or a European side. Are possible destinations if he gets back to scoring .

Everton already lost out on a player they signed not being able to get a work permit so I don't think they or any other EPL will actually bid for him. Most likely destination somewhere on the continent and nowhere near what has been quoted in the press

29 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Everton already lost out on a player they signed not being able to get a work permit so I don't think they or any other EPL will actually bid for him. Most likely destination somewhere on the continent and nowhere near what has been quoted in the press

What valuation is in the media and what is your valuation?

1 hour ago, Smile said:

The problem is we will have to play him to sell him or expect to get any money for him.

Playing your best striker is not a problem, getting some decent service to him is what has dried up.    

Morelos has played in 14 Euro games this season and scored in 9 of them.    In the last two seasons he has scored against  some decent European clubs  Porto, Young Boys, Feyenoord, Legia Warsaw, Midtjilland and Rapid Vienna.         In his first season with us he scored  18 in 43 appearances.   In his second season after Gerrard took over he  scored  30 in 48 games which was a vast improvement.  In this his third season he has scored  29 in 43 appearances which is heading in the direction of better stats than last season.

These are the statistics which we should be highlighting if we wish to increase his value not the online vitriol directed at him out of frustration at the whole squad by our own supporters.

45 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

What valuation is in the media and what is your valuation?

anything from 20-40m has been quoted in the press. Reckon we will get 7-8M tops which the board will accept

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

That would surely make him play better to get a better deal  from whatever club when the transfer window opens.

Not if he knows it’s nailed on.

Like an unconditional uni offer switches kids off.

More likely to look after himself & ensure he stays injury free.

7 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

No club will want him switching off for half a season.

It's a good point but ego is a big part of coaching at the top level and a lot will think they can get the best out of him where others have failed 

2 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Playing your best striker is not a problem, getting some decent service to him is what has dried up.    

Morelos has played in 14 Euro games this season and scored in 9 of them.    In the last two seasons he has scored against  some decent European clubs  Porto, Young Boys, Feyenoord, Legia Warsaw, Midtjilland and Rapid Vienna.         In his first season with us he scored  18 in 43 appearances.   In his second season after Gerrard took over he  scored  30 in 48 games which was a vast improvement.  In this his third season he has scored  29 in 43 appearances which is heading in the direction of better stats than last season.

These are the statistics which we should be highlighting if we wish to increase his value not the online vitriol directed at him out of frustration at the whole squad by our own supporters.

No-one and I mean absolutely no-one is disputing his goal scoring abilities. It is his disciplinary conduct people are questioning. How many games has he played this year. Three? Four? If anyone should be doing extra in training it is Morelos to get his sharpness back due to a lack of games. We all saw the training video where he couldn't be arsed.

His value has decreased. Score against Bayer where the spotlight is on him and it may increase again.

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

No club will want him switching off for half a season.

Happens all the time.

Needs to shake a leg, to show willing, otherwise not bust a gut.

Archived