Where's Alfredo?

14 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

There's a very basic first principle, no one is bigger than the club. He abides by the rules like everyone else. Special treatment for one or some, will indeed cause dressing room disharmony.

However, there is much speculation going on here as no one knows wtf is going on and in order to protect the innocent better to keep the powder dry until one can make an informed opinion.

Do you think dressing room harmony has improved leaving him out after that shameful display in the cup?  What did it ultimately achieve?  

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

It's Gerrard's ego wanting to show he's capable of being a top manager and going toe to toe with top stars showing them who is boss but in reality all he did was cut his nose off to spite his face.  It was a mistake a rookie manager would make but realistically we can't afford to be without our best player at a tough away ground in a really important game.

What utter nonsense, aside from the fact you know nothing about what did and what is going on.

If you can't beat Hearts without him, then we deserve nothing, but as I said, he let the team down by breaking the rules, no one else and that is ALL his responsibility. The team that took to the park and got scudded, let both themselves and every other cunt down and certain players need dropped as a consequence.

9 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

It's Gerrard's ego wanting to show he's capable of being a top manager and going toe to toe with top stars showing them who is boss but in reality all he did was cut his nose off to spite his face.  It was a mistake a rookie manager would make but realistically we can't afford to be without our best player at a tough away ground in a really important game.

You don’t think that Morelos’ ego was at fault here?

You break the rules you should expect to get punished.  

16 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Do you think dressing room harmony has improved leaving him out after that shameful display in the cup?  What did it ultimately achieve?  

Fucking  too right and it sends the message to that shower of pansies that there are consequences. Without rules and consequences there is anarchy.

Petted lips don't work in football. Anyone who tries would be better playing netball. Be a man, take your punishment or get to fuck.

He is NOT above any other player in that regard and no one is bigger than the club. Anyone who thinks they are, then they can get to fuck also.

Oh, and by the way, it is actually the bosses job to, you know, be the boss. Disciplining employees for breaching rules is doing exactly what you're paid for, namely being the boss. You need to be adding your own set of biases and preconceptions for that to become 'showing him who's boss's' in some kind of negative way. Because there's no actual evidence that he's trying to rutt with the player. This isn't Alfredo's first offence, so it's unlikely to be a case of going straight to defcon 1. Why hasn't Gerrard tried to'show him who's boss' in all of his previous instances of poor discipline?

1 minute ago, BookWorm said:

This is looking like Stevie does not have the best man management skills.

Your arse! It wasn't Stevie who broke the fucking rules. This is ALL on Morelos. He let the team down, no one else.

Stevie's problem is, he is not hard enough with the few imposter galacticos he does have. Hopefully he gets that one sorted soon also!

44 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

Utter baws. 

Proof is in the pudding as they say....last bid received from him was 3M odds from Bordeaux which was rejected and since then despite all the speculation nothing concrete has been submitted despite him being linked with at least 30-50 clubs in the tabloids.

1 minute ago, gj923 said:

Proof is in the pudding as they say....last bid received from him was 3M odds from Bordeaux which was rejected and since then despite all the speculation nothing concrete has been submitted despite him being linked with at least 30-50 clubs in the tabloids.

Bordeaux was in August 2018 when we scraped a 3rd place finish in the league behind the sheep, that'll be 2 years ago come the close season. 

He's a baw hair off 30 goals with  a high European scoring record.  A low offer the board will accept for him now is likely around 12-14 mil if they get desperate. 

1 hour ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Stupid decision from Gerrard to leave him out for missing this so called "full preparation" and one that probably cost us a shot at the only viable trophy.  Without Morelos and his goals this season I'd dread to think where we would be in the league or Europe.  Not playing him on Saturday was a massive mistake.

Aye and the rest of them looked as if they had done the "full preparation" full fuckin monty mer like! You are 100% correct, a crazy decision. 

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

You must be joking.  I honestly can't believe you think £7 or £8 million.

Why this is the 2nd season now where his goals have dried up after Christmas partly as a result of discipline problems yet again. He was receiving more yellow cards per game in Europe at one point than he was in the league before people say he is targeted.

He is not a established international player and could not make a 40 man shortlist even for the last Copa America

He is not eligible for a work permit in the EPL so any club bidding for him would have to bid with no guarantee of getting one.

We don't have a track record of developing talent which could have increased his value

Most important thing is our financial situation is well known so people know we need to sell player(s) in the summer.

11 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

Bordeaux was in August 2018 when we scraped a 3rd place finish in the league behind the sheep, that'll be 2 years ago come the close season. 

He's a baw hair off 30 goals with  a high European scoring record.  A low offer the board will accept for him now is likely around 12-14 mil if they get desperate. 

He has 12 goals in the league and 6 in the Europa league with the rest being in qualifying and cups. His return in the league is not that great given past experience of strikers

Andraz Sporar was another striker with 6 goals in the Europa who was recently transferred for 6M

The board are desperate having stated that we need 10M to see out the season depending on certain factors

Ever since Robertson mentioned that 20M figure we have seen endless stories linking him with around 30 clubs but not a single offer has arrived.

We will have to wait and see what he goes for if an offer comes in for him at the end of the season

3 minutes ago, gj923 said:

He has 12 goals in the league and 6 in the Europa league with the rest being in qualifying and cups. His return in the league is not that great given past experience of strikers

Andraz Sporar was another striker with 6 goals in the Europa who was recently transferred for 6M

The board are desperate having stated that we need 10M to see out the season depending on certain factors

Ever since Robertson mentioned that 20M figure we have seen endless stories linking him with around 30 clubs but not a single offer has arrived.

We will have to wait and see what he goes for if an offer comes in for him at the end of the season

Why does all your posts read like a tarrier wrote them?  

59 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

It showed the players that regardless of how imprtant you deem yourself to be, no one is above the rules. Morelos took the utter cunt. Imo he knew Defoe wouldn't start and Kamberi was cup tied so he's thought he was guaranteed to start. He's tried to bluff the manager and the manager has called him. He had no choice but to discipline. If for example six months down the line Kamara or Katic have to return home for a short period of time for a family issue and they reported back late. Do you think they'd be OK if they got disciplined and morelos didn't? Of course they wouldn't. Morelos shafted the manager, shafted his team mates and shafted the club. 

4 minutes ago, Nelson loyal said:

Why does all your posts read like a tarrier wrote them?  

What you went through a good few thousand posts did you?

Or is it just that I don't buy into the tabloid narrative that we will get millions for this or that player depending on what day of the week it is I call bullshite you can't come up with a constructive argument against that

Surely there must have been a range of other punishments  available to Gerrard including additional training sessions which might get some of that additional weight Buff is carrying off.

Question is would the inclusion of an off form Alfredo increased the likelihood of us progressing?

If your answer is yes then Gerrard has not only handed the filth another treble, as I think we were the only club capable of stopping them and hurt the club financially in lost revenue.

Personally i think that the manager's decision not to bring in additional striker at start of season has reduced his options and created this situation, poor decision and exposed inexperience  imo 

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

He's disciplining a player that did something wrong. Again. It's not like it's his first issue. There's absolutely nothing to suggest it's any more than that. 

That's true but he knew he had no replacement who was 100% fit for a quarter final so in that sense he was gambling our last chance of domestic silverware away on the pedastal of his managerial ego.  What he could have done is banned Morelos for the next league game and this would have been the wiser move imo because we'd have Kamberi available and Defoe another week under his belt to get over his injury problem plus, the league looks dead and gone anyway so a draw or even a defeat there isn't going to make a huge difference.

I see it take 11-13 hours approx from London to Colombia, then you have to get back from London. I wonder when he left and when he was expected back ?

I can understand why Stevie made his decision, but I can also see why it may not have been the best.

I think he could have fined him but also played him because with Kamberi not available he was weakening the team in a game that was so important and we all know how it went.

Everyone will have different opinions and they can all be relevant, but I am leaning towards cutting off your nose to spite your face is a risky strategy.  

48 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Only by a few RM posters. The majority of Rangers fans agree with Gerrard's stance on Morelos.

I don't think anyone disgarees that Morelos needed punishing, I just feel the manager could have chosen the next game, a league game where we would have had cover available. 

2 minutes ago, Coop said:

I don't think anyone disgarees that Morelos needed punishing, I just feel the manager could have chosen the next game, a league game where we would have had cover available. 

I also noticed a post last night from another poster who said IF his mother is poorly and he needed this visit then Stevie could have let him go this week when we have Kamberi back available. Just another option that I thought was a good point and also with Defoe available after injury.  

4 minutes ago, Coop said:

That's true but he knew he had no replacement who was 100% fit for a quarter final so in that sense he was gambling our last chance of domestic silverware away on the pedastal of his managerial ego.  What he could have done is banned Morelos for the next league game and this would have been the wiser move imo because we'd have Kamberi available and Defoe another week under his belt to get over his injury problem plus, the league looks dead and gone anyway so a draw or even a defeat there isn't going to make a huge difference.

Ego. Jeez.

You're kind of letting him think he's bigger than the club if you do that. He's not, and he needs to know he can't be treating us like this when we bend over backwards for him. Doesn't send that kind of message to all of the players if we say 'you can play this game, but we'll drop you for a shite one in a few days'.  That's just letting a player walk all over the management and the club. Showing that kind of weakness towards the rest of the team would be asking for trouble. Would also say that your punishment will depend on how valuable you are in any particular circumsrance. Good luck with squad harmony there.

Archived