Helander back

The Blues

Will make a big difference. Ok he is a not the fastest but he is our best centre back. He would have buried some of these chances that Goldson and Edmundson have missed in the past two games. Big man might make a good captain as well...ex serie A and current Swedish international.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, The Blues said:

He has played 20 games for Rangers and we only lost two....Young Boys away(Tav errors) and cup final(fluke-offside goal).

No idea why folk on here have such a low opinion of him. Seems to be based on him not being Usain Bolt.

From what I’ve seen he is head and shoulders above the other CBs we have.

Might well be slower than them but a quick mind and slow feet are preferable to fast feet and a slow footballing brain. Unfortunately we can’t afford a fast footed quick thinking centre half.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that our performances have dipped significantly in his absence, at the very least it would have offered Gerrard the opportunity to drop both centre halves for the next match if mistakes persisted, which they have.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

How long till he's match fit, mind how long it took him because he never had a pre season

Guy has been injured since the cup final start of december, we throw him straight in we deserve everything we get 

I’ve no doubts he’ll be thrown in against Leverkusen next week

1 minute ago, beararse said:

No idea why folk on here have such a low opinion of him. Seems to be based on him not being Usain Bolt.

From what I’ve seen he is head and shoulders above the other CBs we have.

Might well be slower than them but a quick mind and slow feet are preferable to fast feet and a slow footballing brain. Unfortunately we can’t afford a fast footed quick thinking centre half.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that our performances have dipped significantly in his absence, at the very least it would have offered Gerrard the opportunity to drop both centre halves for the next match if mistakes persisted, which they have.

There’s a reason he’s a Swedish international. 

Helanders pace gets brought up too much, I can't remember his lack of pace causing a goal. His positioning is good and times a tackle well. To say he's no better than goldson must just be a dislike for the guy based on nothing else. 

37 minutes ago, TMB said:

Will make no difference whatsoever if we can’t score.  

Really?

Would probably prevent giving away silly goals at the rate we are doing so,  so at the very least loses would become draws, perhaps we could also hold onto leads and win when we actually score.

Last night for example. No silly mistake and we probably draw, maybe even win as panic wouldn’t have set in our play as quickly as time wore on.

Also, he has a much greater presence for our corners, unlike Goldson who generally seems incapable of heading  towards the target.

All things considered, he has been a massive miss.

5 minutes ago, hooooootchy said:

Helanders pace gets brought up too much, I can't remember his lack of pace causing a goal. His positioning is good and times a tackle well. To say he's no better than goldson must just be a dislike for the guy based on nothing else. 

This.

Nor has he made a cunt of himself.

12 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

No but he’ll maybe not make absolute howlers that lead to goals like Katic and Goldson have been making and that would be a start.

I'd be happy to take him back into the team. Haven't said otherwise. 

My main concern though is the chances we are missing and not putting away. 

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

Really?

Would probably prevent giving away silly goals at the rate we are doing so,  so at the very least loses would become draws, perhaps we could also hold onto leads and win when we actually score.

Last night for example. No silly mistake and we probably draw, maybe even win as panic wouldn’t have set in our play as quickly as time wore on.

Also, he has a much greater presence for our corners, unlike Goldson who generally seems incapable of heading  towards the target.

All things considered, he has been a massive miss.

We should be putting 4 or 5 goals past Hamilton at Ibrox.  If we don’t score, we won’t win games.  30+ chances last night and still nothing.  The lack of goals is concerning and it’ll cost us.  It is costing us.

9 minutes ago, hooooootchy said:

Only time his pace worried me was the livi away cup game midweek, him and goldson were awful that night but the amount of times helander had to cover in behind goldson, his lack of pace was evident 

Didnt coat a goal though, he did do well covering that night

Archived