Helander back

The Blues

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TMB said:

We should be putting 4 or 5 goals past Hamilton at Ibrox.  If we don’t score, we won’t win games.  30+ chances last night and still nothing.  The lack of goals is concerning and it’ll cost us.  It is costing us.

Agreed. But that doesn't detract from the fact Helander is an upgrade on Goldson/Katic/Edmundson.

Goldson’s disaster last night apart, he and Helander are the best partnership.

Looking forward to having him back. Been a miss since he went out injured. 

Edmundson isn’t good enough. Not sure Katic is either, although he’s better. 

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Harsh on the 3 outwith goldson that havent played enough consistent games to weed out the rustiness

Them (ie Katic and Edmundson) having howlers (not just an incident or two in a game but being absolutely honking for the 90mins) has restricted their opportunities.

The sign of a good player is that, if fit, they are ready to go. They play football day in day out, the might not be game fit but they should be able to clear a ball when presented with the opportunity FFS.

First thing you get taught playing football 'if in doubt, put it out'. Goldson (and Tav for that matter) could easily have placed it in row Z last night. Katic could have done the same v St Johnstone, Edmundson completley missed the ball v Hearts. Thats got nowt to do with rustiness and everything to do with their decision making.

3 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Even if he had played last night Tav and Goldson would still have had their synchronized absence seizure for the Hamilton goal. 

Him and Katic are the best threats at set pieces.

I'd play Katic alongside Helander, week in week out if both were fit.

Goldson thinks he's better than he is. He excels every 5th game or so, in between those he is decidedly average at best and at worst a liability.

Helander is our best CB. It's the fact when he plays he is partnered with bomb scare Goldson and had a terrible defending right back. He has the same issue that the other 2 have. Nothing will change as the Gerrard will never drop his golden boys unless they are injured.

19 minutes ago, beararse said:

Agreed. But that doesn't detract from the fact Helander is an upgrade on Goldson/Katic/Edmundson.

I’m more concerned with the lack of goals than the defence TBH.  I think we’ve scored 10 goals in our last 9 league games.  That’s nowhere near enough.  We should be averaging around 3 goals per game (I think that’s what celtic have) so losing the odd goal doesn’t matter.  

6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Alves won the euros did he not? Some past his best 

He only played one game (drafted in for the semi to cover a suspension) v Wales.

Might have a medal but hardly instrumental in the grand scheme of things.

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

I’m more concerned with the lack of goals than the defence TBH.  I think we’ve scored 10 goals in our last 9 league games.  That’s nowhere near enough.  We should be averaging around 3 goals per game (I think that’s what celtic have) so losing the odd goal doesn’t matter.  

I think it’s safe to say that we all are....

I though Gerrard was crazy spending money on him back in the summer when we had what many of us thought were 3 solid centre backs. How wrong an assumption that was, clearly something the manager recognised. 

Get the big man back ASAP and let's see what difference it makes. 

28 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

We’ve conceded 19 league goals, exactly the same as the scum.

Apart from corrupt refs, our biggest problem is cutting through parked buses.

Difference is the ones we concede cost us points, theirs rarely do. 

Archived