SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

1 hour ago, Hadron Collider said:

This makes you wonder why the league wasn’t called last Friday after the meeting. Another meeting tomorrow is that right?  

Im sure I read that the clubs decided that the league could be called....but it has to be ratified by the spfl board....that's who is meeting next week

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

Im sure I read that the clubs decided that the league could be called....but it has to be ratified by the spfl board....that's who is meeting next week

Is this guesswork again by the media then?  I prefer to get my news off RM. Fuck the rags. 

1 hour ago, writingranger said:

I don't think the board is going to just leave this. However, they won't have the power to stop any award. They may be able to mitigate any wording, apply an asterisk etc, prevent the scottish cup and other nonsense.

It was previously reported in the media as posted on here that we voted with it.

It was previously reported in the media that the UEFA President had no objection to the SPFL bringing the league to an end and naming the champions.

It was reported in the media Friday that Scotland's CMO stated that it was too early to talk of football returning. 

It is today reported in the media that the scum will be announced champions tomorrow.

The club are NOT contesting this. They voted for it. It was unanimous.

I am not getting the level of denial in here, as disappointed as we may be.

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

It was previously reported in the media as posted on here that we voted with it.

It was previously reported in the media that the UEFA President had no objection to the SPFL bringing the league to an end and naming the champions.

It was reported in the media Friday that Scotland's CMO stated that it was too early to talk of football returning. 

It is today reported in the media that the scum will be announced champions tomorrow.

At the same time mate, we were told reconstruction was dead. Now as of yesterday, it’s back on the table?  What a clusterfuck of a league this is! 

Tarriers get given the tainted title tomorrow.

Our board don't go to court with the SPFL but say they will keep looking at other options.

Hearts don't go to court with SPFL but accept a much bigger parachute payment to shut them up.

ICT, Partick, Falkirk, Stranraer and Edinburgh City get bigger % of payments to offset possible future damages.

Lowland and Highland leagues will have the pyramid door shut for a couple seasons, another possible SPFL payoff in damages.

SPFL walk off into the sunset, looking forward to season 20/21 with nothing to see here.

16 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

You're right and alot of posters on here going to be very disappointed tomorrow. It was reported on Friday that they would be getting handed the tainted one on Monday. Was never going to be Friday.

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Going cap in hand to clubs who were all too happy to batter us from pillar to post 8 years ago was only ever going to end one way. 

We never learn. 

Trying to back up others who have actually been shafted more than us is the right thing to have done.  Unfortunately they allow themselves to be bought off again. 

With resolutions needing 75 or 90% then us going it alone from the start was never a goer. It's even less likely to succeed than us getting 13 clubs at least temporarily onside.

Theres no easy solution to deal with this all. Imo the learning needs to come from fans controlling their expectations on what one club can achieve against the machine.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Trying to back up others who have actually been shafted more than us is the right thing to have done.  Unfortunately they allow themselves to be bought off again. 

With resolutions needing 75 or 90% then us going it alone from the start was never a goer. It's even less likely to succeed than us getting 13 clubs at least temporarily onside.

Theres no easy solution to deal with this all. Imo the learning needs to come from fans controlling their expectations on what one club can achieve against the machine.

One club in particular can achieve everything they want against the machine, because they are the machine.  Its us, the Rangers supporters, who need to control our expectations. All other 40 clubs have zero expectations or ambitions to achieve more than they already have.

6 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

You're right and alot of posters on here going to be very disappointed tomorrow. It was reported on Friday that they would be getting handed the tainted one on Monday. Was never going to be Friday.

Mate, who said they were getting the title tomorrow? 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

One club in particular can achieve everything they want against the machine, because they are the machine.  Its us, the Rangers supporters, who need to control our expectations. All other 40 clubs have zero expectations or ambitions to achieve more than they already have.

Tbh mate this post makes little sense to me.

Tbh mate this post makes little sense to me.

The tarriers made this machine, the SPFL, in 2012. Lawwell is in control of alot of the clubs that will always side with him. The entire 75% vote will always be in his favour. Even when it looked like it wasn't going to be, the season ending resolution, he was able to change it. No other clubs apart from us will be willing to challenge it.

23 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Tarriers get given the tainted title tomorrow.

Our board don't go to court with the SPFL but say they will keep looking at other options.

Hearts don't go to court with SPFL but accept a much bigger parachute payment to shut them up.

ICT, Partick, Falkirk, Stranraer and Edinburgh City get bigger % of payments to offset possible future damages.

Lowland and Highland leagues will have the pyramid door shut for a couple seasons, another possible SPFL payoff in damages.

SPFL walk off into the sunset, looking forward to season 20/21 with nothing to see here.

and... we're the only team out of the 42 to truly lose out 

5 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Give these cunts fk all

They are going to be given the tainted title whether we like it or not.

4 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

“Barring anything extraordinary”.  

Nothing extraordinary has happened over the weekend to change what this guy has said. Unless something very dramatic happens first thing tomorrow morning...

7 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

The tarriers made this machine, the SPFL, in 2012. Lawwell is in control of alot of the clubs that will always side with him. The entire 75% vote will always be in his favour. Even when it looked like it wasn't going to be, the season ending resolution, he was able to change it. No other clubs apart from us will be willing to challenge it.

Gotcha.

And that's why I'm saying we need to realise this isnt a cheap, quick, or easy fix. Folk seem raging as the scum will likely get the title tomorrow as if the Board can go fuck themselves if / when it happens.

This is a massive task and one which (like with Ashley) will take us years to unravel to an acceptable level.

Gotcha.

And that's why I'm saying we need to realise this isnt a cheap, quick, or easy fix. Folk seem raging as the scum will likely get the title tomorrow as if the Board can go fuck themselves if / when it happens.

This is a massive task and one which (like with Ashley) will take us years to unravel to an acceptable level.

It's pretty much an impossible task until Lawwell is gone. Even then his successor will probably be well drilled in his arts. The SPFL have managed to wriggle out of this very damaging situation virtually damage free. Yes there is some discontent from clubs other than us but they can and will be easily paid off like I suggested before.

Archived