Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

He more than likely won't make a better signing than Hagi, which could cost him his job if he keeps playing him out of position. 

The others have made little to no impact whatsoever. 

Hagi will be good for European games. I think Gerrard has been successful in Europe. I don't think he's made an impact in choosing players for the domestic league or for playing on the national team but the players he has chosen he will make a profit on which should be classed as a success.  I really want our scouts to step up this transfer window and find players with the mentality and physicality to play for us. I'm hoping they'll choose a few more players from Scotland capable of playing in the premier league and on the national team.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Broxi said:

It's exactly the point. McCrorie was not good enough under Warburton or Pedro to be in a title winning team. Gerrard has came in, been here for 2 seasons and has seen nothing from him to want to use him in the team. He is not good enough.

The fact people want to go into next season going backwards to the squads they sit and whine about all day with McCrorie as a starter and the fact I need to sit here arguing about it is absolutely bonkers.

You need to do fuck all, you’re choosing to do it :lol: 

32 minutes ago, Broxi said:

It's exactly the point. McCrorie was not good enough under Warburton or Pedro to be in a title winning team. Gerrard has came in, been here for 2 seasons and has seen nothing from him to want to use him in the team. He is not good enough.

The fact people want to go into next season going backwards to the squads they sit and whine about all day with McCrorie as a starter and the fact I need to sit here arguing about it is absolutely bonkers.

You're getting awfully upset btw. 

59 minutes ago, Broxi said:

I agree, but it doesn't make BIB right either. And if there's anyone more likely to be right, it'll be Gerrard. Even taking away the playing career and all the other stuff, he sees him every day in training, we don't, we don't even see him playing in games. We literally haven't seen him play properly in over year other than an odd appearance. 

Even when he was playing he was clearly not good enough

I'm sorry but McCrorie is nowhere near as bad as you make out. As a squad player he would have his use especially away to Aberdeen, hibs and hearts last season where it's more of a battle. 

His performance against celtic would suggest he is good enough but only in certain types of games. 

I'd get rid of Davis, Arfield, docherty and for the right money kamara and keep McCrorie as a squad player. 

2 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I'm sorry but McCrorie is nowhere near as bad as you make out. As a squad player he would have his use especially away to Aberdeen, hibs and hearts last season where it's more of a battle. 

His performance against celtic would suggest he is good enough but only in certain types of games. 

I'd get rid of Davis, Arfield, docherty and for the right money kamara and keep McCrorie as a squad player. 

Need to bring players in then mate. Suggestions?  

4 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I didn't say he was the worst player to ever play the game. I said he's not good enough. And he certainly isn't good enough to be the starting midfield player.

Even Portsmouth fans don't rate him highly. 

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

Need to bring players in then mate. Suggestions?  

Unfortunately I don't have any but I agree we need to bring players in to improve our starters in the centre of the pitch. 

As it stands I'd have hagi as a 10, Jack box to box and a new cdm. Maybe someone to replace Jack as well if we have the money. 

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

I didn't say he was the worst player to ever play the game. I said he's not good enough. And he certainly isn't good enough to be the starting midfield player.

Even Portsmouth fans don't rate him highly. 

Fair enough but I think he would be useful in certain games especially away from home. He had a decent game away to the sheep as well where he scored and that's the type of games where you'll get the best out of him. 

1 minute ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Fair enough but I think he would be useful in certain games especially away from home. He had a decent game away to the sheep as well where he scored and that's the type of games where you'll get the best out of him. 

Instead of playing McCrorie we should sign a player of his type who can do the role we want McCrorie to do but is a better footballer

And tbh, this is the role that Jack should be doing, so people wanting McCrorie in are basically saying Jack isn't good enough at his role. If you say this is about Davis not being good enough then I will say that they are not supposed to do the same role. Unless people want to play with 2 defensive mids in Jack and McCrorie, which is what everyone usually complains about most of the time. I just don't see how wanting Davis out leads to McCrorie being in. 

The answer is Aribo stepping up, or a new player being signed.

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Instead of playing McCrorie we should sign a player of his type who can do the role we want McCrorie to do but is a better footballer

And tbh, this is the role that Jack should be doing, so people wanting McCrorie in are basically saying Jack isn't good enough at his role. If you say this is about Davis not being good enough then I will say that they are not supposed to do the same role. Unless people want to play with 2 defensive mids in Jack and McCrorie, which is what everyone usually complains about most of the time. I just don't see how wanting Davis out leads to McCrorie being in. 

The answer is Aribo stepping up, or a new player being signed.

I'm not saying McCrorie should start every week and I agree we need to sign someone for that position as I've already stated but as a SQUAD player he will most certainly have his use. I think he has qualities that suit this league and we'll no doubt call upon next season if he stays. 

For me I'd get rid of Kamara, Davis, docherty and Arfield and look to bring in 2 new starters for the centre of the pitch to compliment hagi. 

5 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I'm not saying McCrorie should start every week and I agree we need to sign someone for that position as I've already stated but as a SQUAD player he will most certainly have his use. I think he has qualities that suit this league and we'll no doubt call upon next season if he stays. 

For me I'd get rid of Kamara, Davis, docherty and Arfield and look to bring in 2 new starters for the centre of the pitch to compliment hagi. 

Still disagree mate, it's a backwards step. We need to keep improving. I wouldn't even put him as backup for the ones you mentioned unless it was for receiving transfer fees for them, which is realistically only Kamara anyway.

But I'll leave it there 

5 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

That's OK, our Ross is still a better option than Kamara or Davis though. 

Baffled at how a guy who’s deemed not good enough for Portsmouth’s midfield is a better option than Kamara and Davis.

I hope McCrorie does get a chance next season, if anything to prove that he’s no where near good enough.

Ross McCrorie doesn’t improve us in any way, same people that don’t want squad fillers shouting for a guy who got shunted to right back for Pompey to play midfield :confused:.

Tbh McCrorie in midfield for some of the more physical games is fine by me. Obviously we want improvement and top players across the pitch, but our most successful teams of old were not like that either. Guys like Derek McInnes (boak) and Neil Murray for example did a steady job in very successful teams as young squad players.

Sometimes you need more dig and fight in midfield which at time’s the season before he proved to have. Last season was about game time and development whilst our midfield was packed. No reason why McCrorie doesn’t come back as a decent squad option for me though unless he is to go out and develop on loan again.

15 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Baffled at how a guy who’s deemed not good enough for Portsmouth’s midfield is a better option than Kamara and Davis.

I hope McCrorie does get a chance next season, if anything to prove that he’s no where near good enough.

Ross McCrorie doesn’t improve us in any way, same people that don’t want squad fillers shouting for a guy who got shunted to right back for Pompey to play midfield :confused:.

Says more about kamara and Davis than mcrorrie 

Personally I would want better in my midfield than McCrorie if were to win the title .

We do need a bruiser in there but one who can play the game .. stewart McCall type ,Ian or barry Ferguson type ..afraid big Ross is nowhere near that. I like his attitude etc but not what we should be looking at IMO.

8 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Would like to see us go for a direct, wide 4-3-3 in Scotland 

Jack                                     Hagi                 1 x other dynamic midfielder

1 x quality RW            Morelos         Kent

We can play this 2 x 10 in Europe, where it has proved to be really effective

Yip.

one CDM and rest are attacking players.

The 4-3-3 can get wheeled out in Europe and Parkhead.

Do people realise real life football isn’t like FIFA where you just play your most 11 talented players every week in every game?

McCrorie is no world beater but he would be a useful player to have around for certain games over the course of the season. We’ve had plenty of players of a similar ability to him who have played that role well over the years.

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Do people realise real life football isn’t like FIFA where you just play your most 11 talented players every week in every game?

McCrorie is no world beater but he would be a useful player to have around for certain games over the course of the season. We’ve had plenty of players of a similar ability to him who have played that role well over the years.

He could also cover at RB and CB..

Archived