Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He’ll be mad keen to come and sit on our bench then.

If he signs he won’t be joining as a number 2. McGregor is still a good keeper but he has started making more mistakes. I can’t say I’ve seen him but the reviews from Bayern fans are good which at the very least would make you think McGregor won’t be nailed on as a starter next year.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Always Rangers said:

If he signs he won’t be joining as a number 2. McGregor is still a good keeper but he has started making more mistakes. I can’t say I’ve seen him but the reviews from Bayern fans are good which at the very least would make you think McGregor won’t be nailed on as a starter next year.

I’d bet my left ball that Mcgregor is our goalie next season.

10 minutes ago, Always Rangers said:

There’s no room for sentiment next season. McGregor was largely good for the majority of the season but he has started making more mistakes which, if he continues in this trajectory, could be costly next year. If he’s a improvement on him which on paper he should then I see the logic in signing him.

I thought we were still talking about Darren Mcgregor there for a minute :lol: 

But aye, I broadly agree, we should always be looking to get better players - even if it's for a mainstay like a Morelos or McGregor - if there's someone genuinely better out there and we can sign them then why not?

I'm not against that in principle, but not for a number 2 who's hardly played in the past 5-years - it's too big a job for that.

1 minute ago, MisterC said:

If we're talking about keepers, could be worth bringing in Joe Hart. Out of contract soon, has a decent pedigree, lots of experience and a good few seasons left in him 

He'll be wanting big wages at least 60k a week. Keep McGregor and play RM in cup games.

15 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’d bet my left ball that Mcgregor is our goalie next season.

I’m not against that mate and I think it’s a 90% + possibility he is. My point is I can see the logic in upgrading on him because at his age he’s likely only going to get worse and we don’t know how he’ll return. He could return to his 18/19 levels of consistency and reliability or his performance levels might end up at a level that ends up costing us week in week out. I think we’ll see somewhere in between but it’s undoubtedly a risk.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

How the fuck people know that Sven Ulreich is good or pish is beyond me. I'm no exactly up to speed on Bundesliga back-up goalies.

Watch a fair amount of German football,  it's a fairly accessible league. My prevailing memory is that he was cumbersome. Unreliable coming for crosses and it's obviously topped off by that stinking error against Real back in 2018 which was decent indication of poor concentration/mentality.  Would be a pointless signing at his age and wage.

2 minutes ago, MisterC said:

If we're talking about keepers, could be worth bringing in Joe Hart. Out of contract soon, has a decent pedigree, lots of experience and a good few seasons left in him 

A big no from me, he has been awful when he has played this last few seasons, if you watched him in his loan spell at Torino you would have thought he had won a competition to play in nets for the day, his loan spell at West Ham was just as bad. Burnley made him available last summer on a free and they couldn't find any takers for him.

15 minutes ago, MisterC said:

He’d be head and shoulders above the rest of keepers in Scotland.

Archived