Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

10 hours ago, badjon said:

Why do you have that view? Been to a few games in the last ten years due to her sisters company  an aspect of them and they have been brand new, Beers in the stadium maybe helps and also letting me smoke inside but heh whats the problem with Bayern? I know they are are the Man Utd of Germany before you say that:dance:

Because, they voted him their player of the year, despite hardly playing, because he came in and played utter shite and made an error for a goal. 

Fans like that are wallopers.

That's like us voting Andy Halliday player of the season as a sorry for giving him dugs abuse for Kilmarnock's winner at Rugby Park

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

Because, they voted him their player of the year, despite hardly playing, because he came in and played utter shite and made an error for a goal. 

Fans like that are wallopers.

That's like us voting Andy Halliday player of the season as a sorry for giving him dugs abuse for Kilmarnock's winner at Rugby Park

It’s really not but. He played something 37 times that season and was for the most part good apparently. 

Just now, Always Rangers said:

It’s really not but. He played something 37 times that season and was for the most part good apparently. 

Lewandowski wasn't in the top 3 of the vote. That tells you everything.

and someone that's only played 44-60 times in the last 5-years, 37 of those times in one of those 5 seasons ... he's then played less football than I thought at first.

An even bigger no from me - unless he's on low wages and taking Fod's place as a number 2 - which I don't see with either.

11 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

Also a little surprised we haven't been linked with Daniel Ayala, ex Liverpool available on a free. 

Think he would cost too much in wages IMO.... decent player mind good head on him. Leeds were interested apparantly. Still, can only see us approach him if we were selling one of our current centre backs. (Goldson still being linked with a move?)

5 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Will be more rumours for players leaving than coming in first. Squad needs trimmed big time before we can get players in. 

Don’t think people realise how much we’ll need to trim the squad. 

Lots of clubs around Europe are already consulting player unions to lower wages across their entire first team squads. 

We’ve got about 8-10 shite players on the books who are all on first team wages. Getting any of them out of the door will be a massive task. 

If we can, and it’s a massive fucking IF, there’s going to be some fantastic free transfer available this summer. But I fear we’ve got so much deadwood that will make that difficult. 

Who in their right mind is going to pay the £5-15k p/w to take Barker, Murphy, Middleton, Docherty, Jones, Stewart, McCrorie off our hands? 

2 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Don’t think people realise how much we’ll need to trim the squad. 

Lots of clubs around Europe are already consulting player unions to lower wages across their entire first team squads. 

We’ve got about 8-10 shite players on the books who are all on first team wages. Getting any of them out of the door will be a massive task. 

If we can, and it’s a massive fucking IF, there’s going to be some fantastic free transfer available this summer. But I fear we’ve got so much deadwood that will make that difficult. 

Who in their right mind is going to pay the £5-15k p/w to take Barker, Murphy, Middleton, Docherty, Jones, Stewart, McCrorie off our hands? 

I think there’d be teams in the English Championship that’d take Docherty, Jones and possibly McCrorie.

22 minutes ago, Always Rangers said:

I think there’d be teams in the English Championship that’d take Docherty, Jones and possibly McCrorie.

Championship clubs have an average wage to yearly turnover ratio of over 100%. It’s probably the league that’s going to be the most impacted by Coronavirus globally. 

20 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

The problem with people want us to cash in on Morelos, is there is no more time/room for error. Expecting a new striker to come in during these mad times and hit the ground running is hopeful at best.

Whatever you say about Morelos, his goals in the league is not poor and I would say much better than average. That's just silly to suggest his league stats are poor. More importantly, as well as scoring he does an incredible amount of work. Games like Aberdeen away, Hearts etc is where he shines. Defoe, as good as his stats are, is useless in these games. 

This next season is one of the most important in our history. Morelos is one of our best players. There is no sense selling your best players this year and gambling on replacements. We need to strengthen our weak areas and I don't think we are weak up top.

Aberdeen away where we drew, hearts away where we lost twice and he couldnt make it back for the 3rd time at tynecastle

They type of games you mean

5 minutes ago, STEVEH said:

Andre Gray earns £70k a week according to this website. If true, it is staggering just how much mediocre players who don't even play earn. It just shows what we are up against.

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/watford/andre-gray-22720/#:~:text=Andre Gray signed a 5,cap hit of £3%2C640%2C000.

Tbf he was signed for a few quid so was always gonny be on a decent wedge 

16 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Aberdeen away where we drew, hearts away where we lost twice and he couldnt make it back for the 3rd time at tynecastle

We drew 1-1in first game and Morelos scored.

He never played in the other 2 games at Tynecastle :confused:

3 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Tbf he was signed for a few quid so was always gonny be on a decent wedge 

Very true but Its bonkers though isnt it. A player who hardly plays for a yo yo club like Watford is unaffordable to us. 

52 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

"Aberdeen where we drew" - our second goal came from good build up from Morelos and a tap in because Morelos forced a good save from the keeper and Jack tapped in the rebound.

Or the game at Aberdeen in Feb where he scored 2 - his 2nd being one of his best Rangers goals and won goal of the season.

Hearts away in the semi finals where he scored and ripped them apart.

They type of games I mean....

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We drew 1-1in first game and Morelos scored.

He never played in the other 2 games at Tynecastle :confused:

I meant that, it sounded weird lol, but aye he missed two games at Tynecastle because of himself and no one else, pointless being the guy we need in they games if he plays one out of 3 

39 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

"Aberdeen where we drew" - our second goal came from good build up from Morelos and a tap in because Morelos forced a good save from the keeper and Jack tapped in the rebound.

Or the game at Aberdeen in Feb where he scored 2 - his 2nd being one of his best Rangers goals and won goal of the season.

So we dropped 2 points in a game he is supposed to be the difference maker, your second example we go back nearly 18 months, cup semi final he did rip them apart, remind me how he didn't play the last two times at tynecastle? 

42 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

He also played the 0-0 game at home earlier this year when we badly needed a win

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So we dropped 2 points in a game he is supposed to be the difference maker, your second example we go back nearly 18 months, cup semi final he did rip them apart, remind me how he didn't play the last two times at tynecastle? 

How did we do the last 2 time at Tynecastle without him? If he's as bad as you make out surely we would not have missed him?

If you are doubtful of the work and shift Morelos puts in, especially in tough away fixtures then you're watching a different game.

22 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I meant that, it sounded weird lol, but aye he missed two games at Tynecastle because of himself and no one else, pointless being the guy we need in they games if he plays one out of 3 

Aye, fair enough.

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

With the sheep looking on the brink now

I wonder if we could get Ferguson on the cheap

I like Ferguson but would rather see them go bust and we pick him up for free.

I'd imagine most clubs would be the same if their sources behind-the-scenes can confirm they are in dire straights. 

Archived