Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

4 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I expect a few players who leave here will go on to rave reviews elsewhere where’s there’s less pressure, think the majority of the squad just don’t have the mental strength to play for us 

Most definitely. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep Morelos, Sell Barisic for a decent fee and replace with Barry Douglas, like for like and a good profit to spend on the rest of the squad.

RF and get Aribo into the 3 in the midfield! And play him there consistently and he will be like a new signing imo

3 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I expect a few players who leave here will go on to rave reviews elsewhere where’s there’s less pressure, think the majority of the squad just don’t have the mental strength to play for us 

Exactly what it is. And its exactly what the vast majority of this squad lack. All starts from the top and works it's way down, so starting with Gerrard and his management team, through the captain and vice captain then to the rest of the squad.

1 minute ago, Swally said:

He was either shite or amazing, that's what his problem was. 

There are people saying we should have kept him, I though it was his decision to leave us?

We wanted to keep him but he wanted guarantees of continuous first team football. So he left.

In hindsight, I'd far rather have had his name on the team sheet at RW than Barker, Ojo, Jones or Aribo (out of position).

Just now, Swally said:

He was either shite or amazing, that's what his problem was. 

There are people saying we should have kept him, I though it was his decision to leave us?

Aye, though still think he was on the right side of consistent for a winger, which can’t be said about any of his replacements. In terms of him leaving, I think he basically said wanted assurances he’d play regularly, but Gerrard said he couldn’t give him that, so they agreed to let him go.

7 minutes ago, rangersross said:

One of our most underrated players in the period since 2011/12. Always thought of him to Caixinha as Papac was to Le Guen. 

He was fucking abysmal his last 6 months. All he did was run and put in shite crosses.

3 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Keep Morelos, Sell Barisic for a decent fee and replace with Barry Douglas, like for like and a good profit to spend on the rest of the squad.

RF and get Aribo into the 3 in the midfield! And play him there consistently and he will be like a new signing imo

Douglas is in his 30s, he’s a decent player but would be a short term fix.

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Exactly what it is. And its exactly what the vast majority of this squad lack. All starts from the top and works it's way down, so starting with Gerrard and his management team, through the captain and vice captain then to the rest of the squad.

Don’t think we can question Gerrard leadership qualities which makes it all the more baffling he has Tav and Goldson as captain and vice captain, that pair are a major part of our problems 

The money we are saving from the players that have currently left will obviously be offset by the current situation. If we sign Hagi though what a statement of intent. Hopefully the rumours of investment a while back are true. 

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Don’t think we can question Gerrard leadership qualities which makes it all the more baffling he has Tav and Goldson as captain and vice captain, that pair are a major part of our problems 

Gerrard leadership qualities as a captain on the pitch and his mental strength as a manager have proved polar opposites so far. Needs to start making the tough choices and showing he can be a winning Rangers manager.

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

That Scott Allan comment - was it genuine or someone having a laugh? cos I've seen him name mentioned a couple of times different places now.

Hope fucking not. Should be below the shit pile of SPFL players we are linked with. 

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Gerrard leadership qualities as a captain on the pitch and his mental strength as a manager have proved polar opposites so far. Needs to start making the tough choices and showing he can be a winning Rangers manager.

He’s put far too much trust in certain players and been let down time and time again, needs to find a ruthless streak and ditch his favourites 

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

He’s put far too much trust in certain players and been let down time and time again, needs to find a ruthless streak and ditch his favourites 

Just before Christmas we played a closed-doors bounce match against Leicester at Ibrox ... Goldson and Tav both started (and might have even played 90-minutes) :headwall:

Just now, British_Empire said:

Just before Christmas we played a closed-doors bounce match against Leicester at Ibrox ... Goldson and Tav both started (and might have even played 90-minutes) :headwall:

His blind spot for chuckle brothers could end up costing him his job, they’re fucking abysmal and lost count of amount goals they cost us last season 

There is no denying Scott Allan's talent but the last time he played against us he looked like he had put on some extra pounds.

Do we really need  Scott Allan & Ianis Hagi?

Get me a Kevin Thomson clone.

31 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

We wanted to keep him but he wanted guarantees of continuous first team football. So he left.

In hindsight, I'd far rather have had his name on the team sheet at RW than Barker, Ojo, Jones or Aribo (out of position).

The decline of Tav as an attacking force started when Candeias left.

53 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

In hindsight getting rid of Candeias to fuck about between Ojo, Barker & CM's at RW was a fucking terrible decision. 

Would happily have played him there the full Season, especially with how well he was playing in pre-season.

Aribo our wide is a better player than Candeias.

40 minutes ago, rangersross said:

One of our most underrated players in the period since 2011/12. Always thought of him to Caixinha as Papac was to Le Guen. 

My absolute fucking arse. 

A shit player that somehow won our POTY was never underrated. He was overrated as fuck because he ran about.

Archived