Project 2022

Christ, even tims used to hold concerts at Ibrox. Although that's presumably because there were no other options back then, considering the 'wipe your feet on the way out' nick of CP and Hampden.

On 13/06/2020 at 20:00, glasgow argyle said:

When the corners were "filled in" I was extremely disappointed how few seats were put in both corners,  they could have easily put in a lot more , 

The roof is held up by steel in the corners part of the goal frames of the three stands , so to take away that steel we would need to have  external cantilever roof supports at the two corners. Do that and you could get approx. 2500-3000 more in each corner when you consider the corners hold about 1000 then above them is easily three times the space. Look at images of Dortmunds at the corners that's what needs done.  Would also fill the open corners with large digital advertising screens for inside and outside viewing that would get funded easily and also block those gaps and get a real sky /bt viewing room somewhere as that green box is embarrassing .  £15-£20 million  57000+ seats.  Have I missed something ? (Positive Dreaming)

24 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Simple minds iirc

Yup, the Tims I mentioned, as well as Rod Stewart.

Frank Sinatra also. Some website says The Waterboys and Skunk Anansie did as well. Anyone know if true?

On 10/06/2020 at 17:18, Tomatasauce said:

It won’t be the CLUBS money used for this, ffs! 
Are cunts actually thinking whatever the cost of this project, it is money that could be spent on players? 🤦🏻‍♂️

No, what i'm thinking is we're already in for a fair few million in soft loans, a credit scheme and i'm sure some mortgaging on something already and this will be more mortgage payments the club will need to pay back. 

almost like it how all started with David Murray. 

Take That not do one at Ibrox as well?

Seen Robbie Williams and Mark Owen kicking about Ibrox with the their Rangers kits on and just assumed it was because they done a concert there.

4 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

No, what i'm thinking is we're already in for a fair few million in soft loans, a credit scheme and i'm sure some mortgaging on something already and this will be more mortgage payments the club will need to pay back. 

almost like it how all started with David Murray. 

I’d like to think this will be a revenue stream we can make a few quid out of, I’d guess there will be investors behind it too using a chunk of their own cash, not the clubs directly.

Even if there isn’t it will be the shareholders credit line funding it, cos I’m not even sure we have an outside credit source, and it will be cash that had zero chance of being spent on players, that’s my opinion

It’s all about building the club back up again still

Archived