Welcome to Rangers, Leon Balogun

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Why do you keep mentioning Senderos like it is relevant?

Because the phrase experienced keeps getting brought up and there was some sort of reference to his CV that he's an international and played in Germany.

2 minutes ago, SPWF said:

He’s 32.

Never understood why people do that. 

It's not intentional. I seen someone on Facebook saying he was 34 and I think I put a question mark anyway.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Just read that he’s away on pre-season break now and back in September for pre-season training.

WTF!

The Championship just finished on Thursday. If he’s signing it’s for cover. We don’t need him in right away. 

Just now, British_Empire said:

Because the phrase experienced keeps getting brought up and there was some sort of reference to his CV that he's an international and played in Germany.

So not Senderos then, I mean he is literally a totally different person to him, it's totally meh even mentioning him, 

5 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

We aren't winning anything this season - as it stands. We aren't signing good enough players. You keep banging on about experience, he's over-the-hill like Senderos was. It's not writing off the season off the back of this signing - it's a lot of things with him being the latest.

To be fair we said that when Bassy signed, said it when McGlaughlin signed and now saying it he's signed. We will have the slowest defence ever with Helander, Goldson and now him at what? 34? I'm not feeling it.

Same shape of heed as Goldson, the wind resistance will slow them both down.

Just now, Dennis Reynolds said:

So not Senderos then, I mean he is literally a totally different person to him, it's totally meh even mentioning him, 

I know you are hard of understanding at the best of times, but I'm making the point that good CV's and experience doesn't count for everything if you think someone's shite or not what we need and used Senderos as an example. Can use others like Henchoz at the Tarriers too. 

Berg at us was a decent addition tho.

Just now, British_Empire said:

I know you are hard of understanding at the best of times, but I'm making the point that good CV's and experience doesn't count for everything if you think someone's shite or not what we need and used Senderos as an example. Can use others like Henchoz at the Tarriers too. 

Berg at us was a decent addition tho.

No I'm not that hard of understanding, I fully understand your point is a bit shite, you have contradicted it in your own post. 

10 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

We aren't winning anything this season - as it stands. We aren't signing good enough players. You keep banging on about experience, he's over-the-hill like Senderos was. It's not writing off the season off the back of this signing - it's a lot of things with him being the latest.

To be fair we said that when Bassy signed, said it when McGlaughlin signed and now saying it he's signed. We will have the slowest defence ever with Helander, Goldson and now him at what? 34? I'm not feeling it.

You've somehow decided he's like Senderos and keep repeating it as if it's fact. It's about as valid as me saying he's exactly as effective as David Weir then saying 'are you seriously telling me you don't want a player who's exactly like David Weir'? 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Funny that folk have just decided he’s shite regardless. 

Think they’ll be surprised by him. Good player. 

He's going to do a job for us in that he's going to cover for Katic while he's injured.

If he really takes his chance well and becomes a first pick then good on him.

Imagine he came in and did what he did in that video once a game?

That'd be really shite :lol:

1 minute ago, Swally said:

He's going to do a job for us in that he's going to cover for Katic while he's injured.

If he really takes his chance well and becomes a first pick then good on him.

Imagine he came in and did what he did in that video once a game?

That'd be really shite :lol:

Katic did it twice in a game at St Johnstone.

I like Katic, but some folk can’t see past him. Goldson and Helander are by far an away our best pairing.  

26 minutes ago, Ace said:

Had a visit to Wigan forum & they rated him as a defender, he tightened theur defence up when he came in & his only issue is his passing can be a little erratic.

Also, if Dougie thinks he is a good player, thats a strong recommendation as he's seen him in training & playing ..

Someone who’s judgement on players I completely trust. If he says he’s good I think he will do a job for us.

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Katic did it twice in a game at St Johnstone.

I like Katic, but some folk can’t see past him. Goldson and Helander are by far an away our best pairing.  

TBH, I don't really know what to think of Helander.

I think he's becoming even more of an unknown quantity now that he's been out for so long.

Who knows what we'll get when he returns?

Goldson gets a bad rep, but he's probably our best CB, that's not saying too much though.

Archived