Ryan Jack

graeme_4

2 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Totally agree mate.

I'm saying that he has ability, 100%, he can be a CM for us in a Championship winning season. The league is so average.

Our prize assest looks like an absolute fud for 2mths a season.  

We paid 7m for Kent when he probably had as many good games as Jack.

The difference between us and those fenian pricks is they hit  a 7/10(minimum) game for 90% of a whole season.

We go from 9/10 to 5/10 on a whim.

That's why we perform against them then in the next breath drop points against the shite in the league.

celtic are far more direct mobile and creative in the middle of the park than us they have no problem breaking down ten mind behind the ball , jack and co go 5 yards square and back , it’s always been the difference between the 2 teams 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Got found out big time against class opposition. That game was miles above his level along with the majority of the others.

Only Helander and Davis imo looked like they had played something close to the level required before.

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Can't wait another 100 page Fuck Sake Tav thread that'll be starting shortly :pipe:

I will refrain from participating in that upcoming pish thread so I will just get my tuppence worth out the way now. He is the most overrated player at our club.

Just now, Born Sinner said:

I’d keep Arfield on as a squad player - he can impact games as a sub quite well and has a decent amount of natural ability imo.

2 quality centre mids needed ideally, I think everyone agrees on that now.

Keeping players around as squad players is the reason we are in this position. Either have players that challenge for a starting spot week in week out or don't have them at all. Too many first team starters far too comfortable knowing that the backup isn't good enough. Hunger, desire, determination, showing that they want it when they are brought on for even 20 minutes. We don't have that.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I will refrain from participating in that upcoming pish thread so I will just get my tuppence worth out the way now. He is the most overrated player at our club.

Hes the most protected by far from Gerrard. Goldson is the nearest to him but at least he does his job 8 times out of 10. Never has been never will be winning captain material.

3 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Only Helander and Davis imo looked like they had played something close to the level required before.

Davis is finished at our clubs level let alone Europa League level. The played triangles around him and he stood rooted to the spot. 

Just now, esquire8 said:

Davis is finished at our clubs level let alone Europa League level. The played triangles around him and he stood rooted to the spot. 

I thought he was ok.

To be fair they were so much better than us in every area and we were too scared to play our normal game.

Be interesting to see how the get on against a v. good Inter side on Monday.

1 minute ago, Bearsden bear said:

I thought he was ok.

To be fair they were so much better than us in every area and we were too scared to play our normal game.

Be interesting to see how the get on against a v. good Inter side on Monday.

Think they'll hump Inter. Tonight was just a warm up to them, get back in the swing of things.

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Hes the most protected by far from Gerrard. Goldson is the nearest to him but at least he does his job 8 times out of 10. Never has been never will be winning captain material.

Correct. A serial loser with a serial loser mentality. When the going starts to get tough, he shrinks like the rest of them. I cannot believe he's still here. Its ridiculous. 

11 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

He’s miles off it mate , he can’t get about the pitch or fuck all , it’s not his fault we signed him but to last as long as he had and an all action proper centre mid thinks that’s acceptable is baffling 

Just now, Prso's headband said:

He needs some quality in and around him to be able to do his job. Too busy trying to do 3 roles at once when playing with Davis or Kamara. If we played him CDM he’d be fine i he had a box to box midfielder next to him. 

Davis stifles him so much

Mate the clearance off the line broke to him he ended up playing it back 30 yards into our half that’s nobody but him 

6 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Think they'll hump Inter. Tonight was just a warm up to them, get back in the swing of things.

They looked excellent, and played us off the park. Was thinking thats what we do to other spl teams.

Its shit watching other teams do it to us though🤣🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

He needs some quality in and around him to be able to do his job. Too busy trying to do 3 roles at once when playing with Davis or Kamara. If we played him CDM he’d be fine i he had a box to box midfielder next to him. 

Davis stifles him so much

Davis stifles the whole team now. Has to go. 

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

Mate the clearance off the line broke to him he ended up playing it back 30 yards into our half that’s nobody but him 

Aw fuck aye that was absolutely horrific but I honestly thought Jacks best games Davis wasn’t in the team. Ross County away was one of the most complete performances I’ve seen from him at Rangers. 

I don’t think he’s the best we’ll have, but out of the 3 of them Jacks the one that should be played ahead of the other two. 

Our midfield is so passive and not aggressive enough, it’s frightening when you look at who the manager is and what he done his whole career

Rangers players shouldn’t be scared tho. Especially the midfield. It’s the engine room, and  at the very least our midfield should work their socks off, sadly some of them don’t.  We should demand  that and for them to be brave on the ball. Davis is too slow and cautious now,. He was never a great tackler but used to be at least creative. That’s gone now too. So he brings nothing to the  team. I think we are slower when he plays.  Jack at least at domestic level, can tackle and hustle opposition. He can play more attacking football when he doesn’t have Davis next to him.  But we are missing some drive and dynamism in there. They should be made to watch a video of tonight’s game and the opposition midfield. Their energy levels, doing the basics correctly, and moving to make space for passes and receiving them. Our midfield tend to pass a ball and stand back like their jobs done. Our great teams had strong  driving  Midfields , players who were greedy for ball and getting amongst goals.  We need players who can do that. 

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Aw fuck aye that was absolutely horrific but I honestly thought Jacks best games Davis wasn’t in the team. Ross County away was one of the most complete performances I’ve seen from him at Rangers. 

I don’t think he’s the best we’ll have, but out of the 3 of them Jacks the one that should be played ahead of the other two. 

Our midfield is so passive and not aggressive enough, it’s frightening when you look at who the manager is and what he done his whole career

All our current centre midfielders cost £50k bar Aribos compensation fee. Says it all. Gerrard and Wilson need major work to do as surely he cannot be happy having them as his choices bar Aribo.

37 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

See even when jack and Kamara have “good games” what do they do ? A title winning centre mid in the past good game was creating chances or adding to their 15/16 goals a season , dominating the game , smashing into tackles these pair and Davis do none of that even in their apparent good games 

How can they create chances though, even against a god awful sheep side we were so defensive, its embarrassing that we play with 7 outfield players in our own half, plus when the fullbacks do actually go up, its guys like Jack who need to slot in and cover them, sp being creative while covering your fullback is nigh on impossible

I have no idea why gerrard insists we play so narrow, if he wants to continue this formation then tav and barisic need to be way higher up the pitch so we have more forward passing options, it must be demoralising for a centre mid to look up and find only 3 teammates in front of him, while the other 6 either are sideways of him or behind him, 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Aye he got 2 that night eh ? , aye gerrard happy with that midfield is baffling , our CM and theirs is the big difference between the 2 teams they can batter ten men behind the ball  coz they come at them direct from the middle of the park we go side ways for 90 mins 

Just now, Cedrick said:

Aye he got 2 that night eh ? , aye gerrard happy with that midfield is baffling , our CM and theirs is the big difference between the 2 teams they can batter ten men behind the ball  coz they come at them direct from the middle of the park we go side ways for 90 mins 

Annoys me how little we take chances or digs from outside the box. Countless times Kamara had the option to ping a 30 yarder to Barisic on Saturday, didn’t do it once. 

So many times between the 3 of them having the option to shoot and we just pass it again, annoying as fuck

9 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

How can they create chances though, even against a god awful sheep side we were so defensive, its embarrassing that we play with 7 outfield players in our own half, plus when the fullbacks do actually go up, its guys like Jack who need to slot in and cover them, sp being creative while covering your fullback is nigh on impossible

I have no idea why gerrard insists we play so narrow, if he wants to continue this formation then tav and barisic need to be way higher up the pitch so we have more forward passing options, it must be demoralising for a centre mid to look up and find only 3 teammates in front of him, while the other 6 either are sideways of him or behind him, 

The way teams set up against us back off back off let our centre mid have it coz they know any minute now it’s going wide to the full back then back to the centre half ,

they back off celtic , their midfield drive at them , beat a man in the first line of 4 now all sorts of options are on , they commit the opposition, we don’t , Ive never seen Ryan jack driving at the first bank of 4 and skipping past a player in 3 seasons 

9 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Annoys me how little we take chances or digs from outside the box. Countless times Kamara had the option to ping a 30 yarder to Barisic on Saturday, didn’t do it once. 

So many times between the 3 of them having the option to shoot and we just pass it again, annoying as fuck

Just said as much to Jimbeamjunior  mate 👍🏻👌🏻

38 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Totally agree mate , it’s the biggest problem in the team , no point in paying millions for strikers for the midfield to play it 5 yards side and back all season 

We haven't invested in our midfield the way we have in other areas and it shows. Last 2 years it's been free agents or cheap options. 

We badly need more direct, creative and forward thinking players in the midfield. Those don't come cheap and further investment is needed. 

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We haven't invested in our midfield the way we have in other areas and it shows. Last 2 years it's been free agents or cheap options. 

We badly need more direct, creative and forward thinking players in the midfield. Those don't come cheap and further investment is needed. 

Spot on mate 👍🏻

Archived