League Potentially Paused ?

Tosh8

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Almost certainly spin. Usually is.

Is it fuck spin he said people out defending statues need their hard drives checked called them weirdos with questionable habits. he’s not even denied saying it so you can fuck up with the spin shite 

8 minutes ago, badjon said:

No offence but if you came out with some of the stuff you do on here on an RSC bus or down the Rangers pubs on Paisley road West you would last 5 minutes. :angrywillie:

Yet I've been going on an RSC bus for over quarter of a century now. :stevieg:

Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

Is it fuck spin he said people out defending stature need their hard drives checked called them weirdos with question ha it’s he’s not even denied saying it so you can fuck up with the spin shite 

Some of them absolutely weirdos. People who defended the George Eliot statue? Fucking cranks.

People who defender a 150ft stone obelisk dedicated to the PM who abolished slavery? Idiots.

Cunts chucking nazi salutes defending a Churchill statue? That fucked in the head they probably don't know left from right.

8 minutes ago, Swally said:

How is it ordering the person not to reply?

Surely you're just making something out of nothing here to be arguementative?

It takes two to tango, and if one person doesn't want to any more the other person can dance about like a prat all he wants to - but still -the tango is over.

Sure. Try that I’m the pub when you’re having a debate with someone mate. Say your lengthily monologue then say “we’re done” and flounce out the door like you’re fucking Beyoncé or something. Totally normal behaviour 😂

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I said some of them should probably have their hard drives checked. Cunts chucking Nazi salutes defending a Churchill statue or protecting a 150ft stone obelisk. Crackpots and like any large group, they'll absolutely have some questionable people in it. There's not a group in history that hasn't applied to.

There's nothing crackpot-like in protecting statues irrespective of it being Churchhill or 150ft when a band of loonies said they are coming down to tear them down. 

The Nazi salutes I agree with tho. And there was some of that (and not the red hand salute) 

But what I will say is that the Police stepped it up and decided to start doing their job. They went up in my estimation keeping them away from the square, guarding the King William statue 24-7 and how they dealt with the GreenBR too. I just don't think there was faith in them to do it but the mobs at the square fizzled out when confidence was restored. 

and now they're being investigated due to the treatment of the tarriers :lol: the times they do their jobs and they're being investigated. Couldn't make it up.

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Is it fuck spin he said people out defending statues need their hard drives checked called them weirdos with question habits. he’s not even denied saying it so you can fuck up with the spin shite 

Usually is spin in my experience. Haven't read what he said, so I'm not in a position to criticise, especially given the propensity to spin much of what he says.

Just now, British_Empire said:

There's nothing crackpot-like in protecting statues irrespective of it being Churchhill or 150ft when a band of loonies said they are coming down to tear them down. 

The Nazi salutes I agree with tho. And there was some of that (and not the red hand salute) 

But what I will say is that the Police stepped it up and decided to start doing their job. They went up in my estimation keeping them away from the square, guarding the King William statue 24-7 and how they dealt with the GreenBR too. I just don't think there was faith in them to do it but the mobs at the square fizzled out when confidence was restored. 

and now they're being investigated due to the treatment of the tarriers :lol: the times they do their jobs and they're being investigated. Couldn't make it up.

Literally nobody said they were coming to rip down a 150ft stone obelisk dedicated to the PM who abolished slavery. Nor the George Eliot statue.

3 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Sure. Try that I’m the pub when you’re having a debate with someone mate. Say your lengthily monologue then say “we’re done” and flounce out the door like you’re fucking Beyoncé or something. Totally normal behaviour 😂

I'm married mate, I'm used to that type of behaviour :lol: 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Literally nobody said they were coming to rip down a 150ft stone obelisk dedicated to the PM who abolished slavery. Nor the George Eliot statue.

Yes they did (the Robert Peel statue) and having seen War memorials, cenotaphs and the King William statue targeted for no reason other than bigtory those were protected too. Why take any chances? 

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

Yes they did (the Robert Peel statue) and having seen War memorials, cenotaphs and the King William statue targeted for no reason other than bigtory those were protected too. Why take any chances? 

Nobody was coming for the Peel obelisk in Newcastle. Mainly because its a fucking 150ft tall stone obelisk. 

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Did he say you should take any chances?

:stevieg:

Just now, The Dude said:

Nobody was coming for the Peel obelisk in Newcastle. Mainly because its a fucking 150ft tall stone obelisk. 

I'm talking about Glasgow. That was mentioned by the loony hate group as their primary target for his involved in setting up the Scottish Conservatives and Police force. 

Right, so the dude didn't disparage all statue defenders, and it turns out some are indeed weirdo crackpot.

For clarity, if he suggests they all are then I disagree. Something I've done with him many a time, at great length. 

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Why did the pro Brexiteers go for the Churchill statue too? Was that aslo bigotry? 

I'm talking about Glasgow. That was mentioned by the loony hate group as their primary target for his involved in setting up the Scottish Conservatives and Police force. 

But I wasn't. And that's kinda the point. People take something I say, give it a wee twist or omit certain details (not you to be clear) and it quickly grows arms and legs. 

Just now, The Dude said:

Why did the pro Brexiteers go for the Churchill statue too? Was that aslo bigotry? 

I am talking about Glasgow and the targeting of statues here. 

What are you on about Pro-Brexiteers going for the Churchill statue? I've no idea what you're referring to. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

But I wasn't. And that's kinda the point. People take something I say, give it a wee twist or omit certain details (not you to be clear) and it quickly grows arms and legs. 

If you’re talking about me what details did I twist or omit?

I am talking about Glasgow and the targeting of statues here. 

What are you on about Pro-Brexiteers going for the Churchill statue? I've no idea what you're referring to. 

The one in London that got put in a box. It's targeted in almost every major demo that takes place in London. Never seen angry mobs out giving it big licks to defend it then.

Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

If you’re talking about me what details did I twist or omit?

That we weren't talking exclusively about the statue defenders in Glasgow. And if you deny that you're a fucking liar. 

See I can do it too. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The one in London that got put in a box. It's targeted in almost every major demo that takes place in London. Never seen angry mobs out giving it big licks to defend it then.

I can't comment on it, I know nothing about it. I'd be amazed if right-wing or pro-Brexit mobs intentionally target it though.

England is a basket-case at the moment it's on a par with Scotland when it comes lack of leadership and any credible opposition. 

Archived