McCoist on league of their own

MacBoyd

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Naming the Killie team and then not winning :megaanguish: 

The 5-1 game should have been the end.

His period in charge is the only time in my life I’ve ever seen us play without any kind of coherent game plan. Players had no idea what their roles were, it blatantly obvious.

To this day I’ve still got no idea what type of manager he was, what type of style he likes etc. Plus he spouted an unbelievable amount of shite.

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

His period in charge is the only time in my life I’ve ever seen us play without any kind of coherent game plan. Players had no idea what their roles were, it blatantly obvious.

To this day I’ve still got no idea what type of manager he was, what type of style he likes etc. Plus he spouted an unbelievable amount of shite.

Halliday's story about him and McKay was embarrassing.

11 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The Semi Final was just as bad as well. In fact I think the performance was worse.

Remember him trying to explain his fucking tactics re Scott Brown? Probably the most embarrassing thing a Rangers Manager has ever done.

I genuinely wish his period as Manager could be erased from the history of the club more than the admin period.

9 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Hated him so much that I actually posted more than one sentence at a time about how much I hated him and everyone who stood by him. 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The Semi Final was just as bad as well. In fact I think the performance was worse.

Remember him trying to explain his fucking tactics re Scott Brown? Probably the most embarrassing thing a Rangers manager has ever done.

I genuinely wish his period as Manager could be erased from the history of the club more than the admin period.

I can sorta remember it happening but not a clue what was said or anything.

Some amount of rumours about cliques etc in the squad and blaming the likes of Miller/Wallace/Dorrans etc for him failing iirc correctly as well

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I can sorta remember it happening but not a clue what was said or anything.

Some amount of rumours about cliques etc in the squad and blaming the likes of Miller/Wallace/Dorrans etc for him failing iirc correctly as well

He used the water glasses on the table in the post match press conference to explain some tactic about cutting off Brown after we got pumped at Hampden.

It was like the scene in Bend it Like Beckham where the Dad has the sauce bottles out trying to explain offside to the Mum.

Whatever negatives regards him 2011-2014/15, they are far, far outweighed by what he did 1983-1998. Where he gave many of us some of our greatest moments as Rangers fans. 

The man bleeds red, white and blue. 

Yes, I am not happy at his managerial time, but I can never, never hate the man. Or even dislike him.

5 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Legend.

Wanted his managerial reign to end long before it actually did and was guilty of a few angry comments towards Ally at the time, but overall the guy is a club legend and he will remain a club legend forever.

In truthfulness, it was Walter who pressurised him into management. 

He wrote in his book. His first one I think, that not only did he not want to ever become a manager but that he didn't think he had the skills to be a manager. 

You don't say no to Walter though. Cracking assistant manager and no doubt could have helped us in that role the second half of last season. 

6 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He used the water glasses on the table in the post match press conference to explain some tactic about cutting off Brown after we got pumped at Hampden.

It was like the scene in Bend it Like Beckham where the Dad has the sauce bottles out trying to explain offside to the Mum.

:megaanguish: Every time he gets spoke about you just remember one ridiculous thing after another.

6 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

You don't say no to Walter though. Cracking assistant manager and no doubt could have helped us in that role the second half of last season. 

Was in charge of the cup games when they both came back and Walter had to save his arse countless times. 

17 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

New episode on tonight lots of Ally/Rangers footage.

What a magnificent ambassador for the club he is im glad the ill feeling about his managerial reign seems to be easing.

Arguably the greatest ever Ranger, deserves our respect.

I really wish you hadn't started this thread for obvious reasons.

3 hours ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Says it all for me. Of the players I’ve watched the three names above were immense. Along with others that my old man revered like George Young or Davie Meiklejohn would be more worthy than Ally of greatest ever description.

I didn't want to be a c*nt, but it had to be said!

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Didn’t he make 3 subs at half time and play Jon Toral at CB? 

3 hours ago, Johnstone Burgh said:

That was the last straw for me, I know we only drew three games but none of them should have finished that way. 3-3 at home to stenhousemuir ffs

Aye, and after gubbing them 8-0 earlier in the season!

Although we were robbed of a stonewaller when Templeton was brought down. Referees, eh!

20 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Top goalscorer in our history by far deserves to be in the discussion.

Eh, no.

I say for a start there are 7 ahead of him, and there are so many others in front of him, so he shouldn't be spoken of as arguably the greatest ever Ranger, and that was the point.

Aye Pedro is the worst 100%. The combined clusterfuck of him and Murty cost us the league that season while that mob only won about two-thirds of their games.

5-1 loss at Ibrox, Aberdeen winning at Ibrox for the 1st time in quarter of a century, SC semi-final and Progres and that was before that domestic season had even begun. His appointment cost the club an important 18 months.

Archived