Helander

gazza27

I thought Katic was still better than him last season, and after Balogun's first couple performances I wanted him to be our starter. I thought Helander was slow and a bit of a bombscare at times but I was definitely wrong. Realised it a couple of games ago but he's definitely our best defender, coming from someone who is a big Goldson fan too. Helander has been sensational in the last few weeks/months. More than happy with our CB options extending back to Balogun, Katic when he's fit again and even Edmundson as a 5th choice is exceptional depth. 

Goldson & Helander are the first pick - without a doubt. Katic should come in to replace long-term when one of them moves on or as the games come thick and fast; but again Helander & Goldson - solid today.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

He is not as slow as people think. He just runs funny.

He times a tackle to perfection.

What a team of players we have to choose from at the moment.

We've had a few individuals better than any of the players we have right now, but this must be the best squad, capable of playing the best football, since the Advocaat years.

13 minutes ago, tm91 said:

He locked them out. Only error was when he was done by Griffiths with his lack of pace, and he immediately forced Griffiths wide. He and Goldson were exceptional and together are a great pair, perfectly suited. Goldson leads and Helander mops up and keeps things secure. 

Thought both CBs at fault there, Goldson quick to step out and vacated that space then Helander not quick enough to realise what was going on and Griffiths got the run on him

2 minutes ago, tm91 said:

Looking back you're right. But we quickly reorganised, blocked off any incoming runners and forced Griffiths wide.

Aye, McGregor was out very quickly. Surprised Griffiths never just took the penalty but fuck the racist pig hope he has nightmares for weeks

9 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Aye, McGregor was out very quickly. Surprised Griffiths never just took the penalty but fuck the racist pig hope he has nightmares for weeks

He was never getting a penalty his first touch was fucking awful, fenian cunt 

1 minute ago, gazza27 said:

He was never getting a penalty his first touch was fucking awful, fenian cunt 

If he went over McGregor he'd have got a penalty and it would have been the least controversial penalty of all time mate

McGregor would have saved it anyway though so fuck him x 2

Archived