First Signings

Thermopylae

Just now, Bronzy said:

I'm assuming you forgot the 2011-12 season happened?

spacer.png

What a pile of shite that cunt was ... Bedoya anaw. Was in Bochum for pre-season friendly and seen that collection of brain deads running about and feared the worst. Literally running the ball out of play for shy's with the ball at their feet and space to run into etc .... Neil Murray was our chief scout :megaanguish: morbid man

6 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Anyone know who Gerrard's first signing was? Bit of a trick question here.

I'm guessing Arfield or McGregor as they officially signed when Gerrard took over? even though they were identified, recruited and agreed contracts a few months before hand?

Maybe even Jamie Murphy for similar reasons/the loan.

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I'm guessing Arfield or McGregor as they officially signed when Gerrard took over? even though they were identified, recruited and agreed contracts a few months before hand?

Maybe even Jamie Murphy for similar reasons/the loan.

Technically it's Katic as Gerrard was announced early May but didn't officially take over until June 1st. 

33 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Souness - Colin West or Jan Bartram?
Smith - Spackman or Goram?
Advocaat - Numan.
McLeish - Either Muscat or Arteta they were paraded on the same day.
Le Guen - Dean Furman (cheated, caught this answer at the end last night for that one)

West for the top one, I'd say. Bartram wasn't there his first season. He came the 87-88 season.

Souness always said resigning McCoist was his first signing , I'm sure his contract was about to run out . 

Outside of that  I'm sure it was Colin West which was pretty low key compared to the signings that were to come a few weeks later . 

2 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Souness - Colin West or Jan Bartram?
Smith - Spackman or Goram?
Advocaat - Numan.
McLeish - Either Muscat or Arteta they were paraded on the same day.
Le Guen - Dean Furman (cheated, caught this answer at the end last night for that one)

Souness signed Spackman. Came in at the same time that Butch Wilkins left (winter 89-90).  You may be right with the Goram shout though.

2 hours ago, Sket said:

PLG that fucking lump of dug shite Svensson?

Did he not say he had problems with his eyesight or something and that was why he was losing the ball in the air all the time, the boy was a traffic cone.

Archived