How many wrongs does it take to be right?

born a blue nose

Didn’t want shagger back due to how he left (despite being told by a long standing member he was devastated at leaving) 

didn’t want Davis back for similar reasons, and called for him dropped at the beginning of the season.

wanted Morelos sold in the window due to attitude 

thought Tav was never a captain 

Arfield was finished 

Kamara wasn’t good enough

Gerrard wasn’t good enough 

Every single one of they statements crossed my mind. And no doubt a lot of Bears. 

fuck me it’s good to be wrong lads eh 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Didn’t want shagger back due to how he left (despite being told by a long standing member he was devastated at leaving) 

didn’t want Davis back for similar reasons, and called for him dropped at the beginning of the season.

Arfield was finished 

Every single one of they statements crossed my mind. And no doubt a lot of Bears. 

In your defence, things change.

We are getting the rewards now, but that doesn't mean most of the criticisms previously, at the time, were invalid either. 

All it means is that some had a bit more faith than yourself, which is fine - and should never be a case of "told you so" unless the criticisms at the time were just bollocks and irrational - which they weren't.

I've always thought McGregor and Davis would do a job, but the two I'm wrong about are Goldson and Tav. 

Both of them are like different players this season. I've said this before, last week I think, but I'm saying it again, that Tav is like a different player. A more complete one. He's a much better player both defensively, going forward, cutting out the stupid errors and showing a bit more leadership. Fantastic. 

Tonight showed whilst Davis is a good footballer he cant play at a high level consistently and is playing too much football for a player of his age.

He needs to drop out of internationals and focus on Rangers. Otherwise he should be a bit part player for  us.

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

Arfield was finished 

Tbh m8 I think at some point plenty in here have got things wrong (myself included) we will undoubtedly continue to say things of ridicule against players or bum them up to the hilt for them to let us down....that's the nature of the game....tonight was a case of job done with no frills & no spills....on to Killie on Sunday....3pts on Sunday will have a huge effect on where we head this season.....Rugby park has proved a graveyard for our title hopes 2 seasons on the trot....we all know how important a win will be on Sunday 

Just now, BigBearButt said:

Tonight showed whilst Davis is a good footballer he cant play at a high level consistently and is playing too much football for a player of his age.

He needs to drop out of internationals and focus on Rangers. Otherwise he should be a bit part player for  us.

Davis, Arfield and Barasic looked like they were running on empty tbh.

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

In your defence, things change.

We are getting the rewards now, but that doesn't mean most of the criticisms previously, at the time, were invalid either. 

All it means is that some had a bit more faith than yourself, which is fine - and should never be a case of "told you so" unless the criticisms at the time were just bollocks and irrational - which they weren't.

I've always thought McGregor and Davis would do a job, but the two I'm wrong about are Goldson and Tav. 

Both of them are like different players this season. I've said this before, last week I think, but I'm saying it again, that Tav is like a different player. A more complete one. He's a much better player both defensively, going forward, cutting out the stupid errors and showing a bit more leadership. Fantastic. 

Cheers mate.

and tav has grown into that arm band like I’ve never seen before. Gerrard must be a genius because I’ve never seen a guy that never shouts, be treated with so much respect by his teammates 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Davis, Arfield and Barasic looked like they were running on empty tbh.

That's why Davis & Arfield will probably sit out Sunday.....SG alluded to this in his presser....its all about managing their game times properly

2 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Davis will probably retire at the end of the season.  He’s playing well just now it’s just keeping that going until the end of the season.  I expect Zungu will start coming in to the team soon and it’s up to him to make that spot his own.  

Kamara has taken his game to another level.  There’s no way he gets dropped for anyone.

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

That's why Davis & Arfield will probably sit out Sunday.....SG alluded to this in his presser....its all about managing their game times properly

Fair enough, Jack will come in for Davis but who replaces Arfield as the midfielder who helps defence and bursts into box which we will need on Sunday?

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

Davis will probably retire at the end of the season.  He’s playing well just now it’s just keeping that going until the end of the season.  I expect Zungu will start coming in to the team soon and it’s up to him to make that spot his own.  

Kamara has taken his game to another level.  There’s no way he gets dropped for anyone.

No chance davis  retires when we get 55. 

he’s proven his love. If h e could add even 5% to Rangers for minimal wages a think he would commit. Daft percentages thrown about there to enhance my point fwiw 

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Fair enough, Jack will come in for Davis but who replaces Arfield as the midfielder who helps defence and bursts into box which we will need on Sunday?

Arfield plays. No fucking doubt in my mind.

if not then Aribo seems a decent replacement 

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

No chance david retires when we get 55. 

he’s proven his love. If h e could add even 5% to Rangers for minimal wages a think he would commit. Daft percentages thrown about there to enhance my point fwiw 

Davis turns 36 in January.  Keeping him on for another year and having a 37 year old midfielder is something I can’t see happening.  I think it’s likely we’ll get another midfielder on a precontract in January (like Lundstrum and Johnson) and take up the Zungu option if it works out.

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

My guess would be Aribo....it was his position before his injury and Arfield has came in and has excelled tbf 

26 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Arfield was finished 

to be fair mate I tick a couple of those boxes too, and happy to be proved wrong

13 minutes ago, TMB said:

Davis turns 36 in January.  Keeping him on for another year and having a 37 year old midfielder is something I can’t see happening.  I think it’s likely we’ll get another midfielder on a precontract in January (like Lundstrum and Johnson) and take up the Zungu option if it works out.

We’ve got a 38 year old striker mate. 
and I would say that was a harder role. 
it’s not always what they bring on the pitch

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

No chance Hagi starts so i think Aribo will be put in there.

Helander back in for Balogun.

I think Roofe or Barker will be on the right m8...for all Hagis assists he fair gives the ball away....killie will be set up to counter us so Hagi is too much of a risk on Sunday 

Archived