Helander

ready1873

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So you'd have played Balogum before the immense Helander? Why?

I’ve already said I made my comment as I was pissed off that people are having a go at him for a bad day at the office. Immense - possibly not, but very good at least. Balogun was more suited to tonight against pacey players. Not Helanders fault he was picked. We have players that have excelled in games where they were picked as it was horses for courses. Are you a Helander fan? You seem to have an issue with me sticking up for a player who I think is being harshly spoken about

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Lol. Ill take that as a no 😂

2 horses half way round the national ate neck and neck and you'd be raging. 😂

Which matches this season has Helander been motm out of interest? 

Helanders been our best centre half since he came here. 

7 minutes ago, ThenNowForever said:

I’ve already said I made my comment as I was pissed off that people are having a go at him for a bad day at the office. Immense - possibly not, but very good at least. Balogun was more suited to tonight against pacey players. Not Helanders fault he was picked. We have players that have excelled in games where they were picked as it was horses for courses. Are you a Helander fan? You seem to have an issue with me sticking up for a player who I think is being harshly spoken about

Hey mate I'm just asking questions.

Seems Helander has gone from immense to very good, but shouldn't have started due to his lack of pace. Your words.

I initially didn't rate him, then now do as our 2nd best CH. But he'd a fucking howler tonight and was responsible for 2 and a bit goals tonight.

16 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

Aye, there are a number of comments, both in this and the match thread.

Like what?

On this thread Tayside has talked pish. Kk has been KK. The majority have said he's been fine all season but had a howler. Which is fair.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Hey mate I'm just asking questions.

Seems Helander has gone from immense to very good, but shouldn't have started due to his lack of pace. Your words.

I initially didn't rate him, then now do as our 2nd best CH. But he'd a fucking howler tonight and was responsible for 2 and a bit goals tonight.

If you read it properly I said immense when called upon as I think he has impressed when used appropriately. Not a hard one. Also I haven’t conceded he has not been immense. Of more concern is you wanting to create an issue over someone sticking up for a player. Strange behaviour. Imo

Just now, ThenNowForever said:

If you read it properly I said immense when called upon as I think he has impressed when used appropriately. Not a hard one. Also I haven’t conceded he has not been immense. Of more concern is you wanting to create an issue over someone sticking up for a player. Strange behaviour. Imo

Impressed when called upon,? He's paid to perform when selected so he's called upon each and every time he plays. What's your point? 

So he has been immense. Or very good?

I'm not creating an issue over you sticking up for him. I'm questioning comments you're making which are all over the place from immense,to very good, to shouldn't have started, to fuck knows what.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Impressed when called upon,? He's paid to perform when selected so he's called upon each and every time he plays. What's your point? 

So he has been immense. Or very good?

I'm not creating an issue over you sticking up for him. I'm questioning comments you're making which are all over the place from immense,to very good, to shouldn't have started, to fuck knows what.

😂 come on, I’ve taken the bait twice. Not going again

Just now, ThenNowForever said:

😂 come on, I’ve taken the bait twice. Not going again

There no bait.

You're saying I've an issue you backing Helander. I don't. But when you do don't be surprised when you and others thinking he's our best defender get challenged.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

There no bait.

You're saying I've an issue you backing Helander. I don't. But when you do don't be surprised when you and others thinking he's our best defender get challenged.

Fair enough. I don’t think he is our best defender and really I’m talking CH. Goldson is a starter for me and then it’s whoever is suited to the opposition, pitch etc. That partners him. He doesn’t have internationals like FH and LB. I think we are spoiled with good players there. Non are the complete package which is why they are here and are selected on a rolling basis for various reasons 

24 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

MOTM performances =/= Best player overall. 

So Tav and Goldson have numerous motm awards, Helander has none (I'll assume given you've been asked several times now) but Helander is still in with a shout?  =/= 😂

Based on that logic, Tav or Goldson must have been really poor in games, like Helander tonight poor. Which games were they that poor mate?

Think the reaction to Helander tonight has been over the top.

They we’re hardly mistakes maybe just poor defending. 

The second goal especially was a bit unlucky and was no worse than Kent missing the chance to make it 4-1. He should’ve buried it.

Very naive tonight as a whole. Don’t know why we didn’t waste time in the corner and also why Goldson didn’t just bring the guy down for the equaliser. It was a simple foul to make.

Archived