Helander

ready1873

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's been absolutely brilliant so far this season, he made some mistakes in this game but it was a real quality he was playing against. No matter how poor we made Benfica look, they have real quality in their side.

Players will make mistakes, it's inevitable, thankfully Helander doesn't make that many mistakes, so time to draw a line under it and move on imo.

I actually think Gerrard is getting off lightly as well. 

The back 4 should’ve been 10 yards deeper and I don’t get why he didn’t bring Balogun on, he even brought him on against Kilmarnock. 

Hope the players aren’t even thinking about it today and just focusing on getting the job done on Sunday

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

In build up to second goal and the third goal he gets out-paced.:confused:

2nd goal, pish. 
3rd goal the ball is played in between the 2 CBs, is Goldson not meant to be quite quick across the pitch? How come he didn’t catch him? After all he’s actually looking at the player Helander can’t even see him. 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

2nd goal, pish. 
3rd goal the ball is played in between the 2 CBs, is Goldson not meant to be quite quick across the pitch? How come he didn’t catch him? After all he’s actually looking at the player Helander can’t even see him. 

The second goal comes from a through ball from a quick free kick, the guy is through and Mcgregor comes out and tackles him.

Helander then makes a complete cunt of it again.

Goldson tries to cover across at third goal and also not to clever. He should be clipping the strikers heels.

24 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I love how people are quick to jump on his lack of pace, which didn’t cause any of Benficas goals lol. 

Didn’t cause - but could have prevented 

if he could of matched the pace of the guy he was marking. Particularly their second  and third. He looked like he wouldn’t win the dad’s race at sports day for their third ffs. 

14 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Didn’t cause - but could have prevented 

if he could of matched the pace of the guy he was marking. Particularly their second  and third. He looked like he wouldn’t win the dad’s race at sports day for their third ffs. 

Like I said it should be Goldson covering the quick players. Having said that if the team and management  had the awareness in the last 90seconds of the match to drop back 10 yards it wouldn’t have happened anyway

I thought when they went down to 10 that he might have brought Balogun on. We were in control, camped in their half at times so the only danger was a quick counter. Balogun's pace would be huge in that instance. Helander would have been better suited if we were under the cosh for long periods.

I'm massively disappointed but overall the team have been fantastic and it's a reminder of what happens at the top level when you make silly mistakes.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Ooft. 

One for Tav too. Wheres Helander's mate?

Screenshot_20201106-101835_Samsung Internet.jpg

Goldson cost us bigger points at Easter Road compared to Helanders last night, you seem to think I have it in for the big man when I don't :lol: Simply saying Helander has been the better player since he's arrived.

No idea why you keep bringing Tavernier into this I've not mentioned him once. 

Still can’t get my head around the fact that the guy has had one poor performance in 18 games (which mainly stemmed from making a mistake early doors against a very good side and never quite regaining his composure and confidence BTW) and now people are deriding him, wanting him to “GTF” and saying we need to replace him because he isn’t quick enough. Some people need to get a grip and stop acting like spoilt, petulant children.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Still can’t get my head around the fact that the guy has had one poor performance in 18 games (which mainly stemmed from making a mistake early doors against a very good side and never quite regaining his composure and confidence BTW) and now people are deriding him, wanting him to “GTF” and saying we need to replace him because he isn’t quick enough. Some people need to get a grip and stop acting like spoilt, petulant children.

Incredible value for £3.5m.

13 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Our best defender by a country mile who's had his first poor game in a long time, get a grip. 

5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Goldson cost us bigger points at Easter Road compared to Helanders last night, you seem to think I have it in for the big man when I don't :lol: Simply saying Helander has been the better player since he's arrived.

No idea why you keep bringing Tavernier into this I've not mentioned him once. 

You said Helander is our best defender. Ive quoted your post for you. Tav is a defender too. Or did you mean best at defending? 

Strange how 2 defenders, one a fellow CH have got POTM awards yet Helander hasn't. What with him being a country mile ahead of other defenders and all 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

I actually think Gerrard is getting off lightly as well. 

The back 4 should’ve been 10 yards deeper and I don’t get why he didn’t bring Balogun on, he even brought him on against Kilmarnock. 

Hope the players aren’t even thinking about it today and just focusing on getting the job done on Sunday

your spot on

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You said Helander is our best defender. Ive quoted your post for you. Tav is a defender too. Or did you mean best at defending? 

Strange how 2 defenders, one a fellow CH have got POTM awards yet Helander hasn't. What with him being a country mile ahead of other defenders and all 😂😂😂

13 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Disagree, I should have said centre backs tbf. 

Nobody at the club can get close to him. 

13 hours ago and you've conveniently missed that post for some strange reason... 

And fwiw Tavernier isn't a defender either. 

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Totally agree mate.

Ok, we were all disappointed last night that their goal came so late, but ffs, every man and his dug would have taken a point pre kick off. Those same folk are football geniuses, despite only ever played the game for Sunday league teams, so their knowledge is limited to say the least.

7 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

13 hours ago and you've conveniently missed that post for some strange reason... 

And fwiw Tavernier isn't a defender either. 

Not conveniently at all. You asked why I keep mentioning Tav and I'm telling you.

Tav isn't a defender? Yet Rangers say he is. Please stop lying mate.

Screenshot_20201106-104335_Samsung Internet.jpg

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Not conveniently at all. You asked why j keep mentioning Tav and I'm telling you.

Tav isn't a defender. Yet Rangers say he is. Please stop lying mate.

Screenshot_20201106-104335_Samsung Internet.jpg

This is the gayest attempt at straw clutching that I've seen on here in a good while :lol:

If you genuinely think Tavernier is deployed as a defender for us you're on glue. 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

This is the gayest attempt at straw clutching that I've seen on here in a good while :lol:

If you genuinely think Tavernier is deployed as a defender for us you're on glue. 

What does the club have him defined as mate?

Defender - yes or no?

Clutch at whatever straw you want, bet you don't even answer a simple Yes or No. 

Archived