Helander

ready1873

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

Only cunts being OOT are the ones reckoning I'm going through him. I like him and reckon he has all the attributes for a top centre-half, bar pace

Think people have taken your post wrong mate. I get what you're saying. Our style tbf usually doesn't rely on pace at the back. Big man deserves a let off for tonight.

Tbh if I could pick one game this season for him to have an off night it would be tonight.

Anything out of tonight was a bonus before the game and remains so now. In context it is disappointing, but it’s still likely to be a really good point overall in the group.

6 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

I did say the defence has been magic but at this level his speed is an obvious weakness given our style.

FWIW I would probably have picked Balogun for this game as well, but Gerrard isn't expecting them to go down to ten, so he's probably not expecting us to play as much on the front foot.

When they do you're not likely to see a manager sub off a centre half for a quicker one, because we should be seeing that out regardless of his lack of pace. His lack of pace really only cost us for the final goal, when we should have been smarter with the ball and playing deeper anyway.

Helander might have been mostly to blame for goals, but there are others involved in build up who didnt cover themselves in glory either. For 2nd, quick free kick, someone should have stood over ball and stopped that. The free kick came from giving away possession cheaply. Then the scorer is unmarked for the cut back. 4 players round him getting back and none actually go to mark him. There was one place cutback was going.

Last goal, Arfield gives away ball needlessly rather than keep ball.  Davis is wrong side of their midfielder who made final pass. And doesn’t even try and foul him, which would have shown some street smarts.   Both CHs too high and square to striker.  And Helander could have just brought him down and taken red.  Gerrard could have brought a sub on to kill time and shore up defence like Balogoun. And even shouting from sidelines to hold ball and take it to corners etc. So it’s not all Helanders fault even if he had a bad day at office,

28 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

Load a nonsense this. We have been brilliant thus far in 2020/2021. Imo we were brilliant tonight but slack at the back and 3 errors cost us. We were so comfortable it was unreal.

We have far bigger fish to fry this year. Yes disappointing not to see it out but lets move on to Sunday & another 3 points in the league. If this happened against Hamilton, Motherwell, Kilmarnock etc then I would be worried. 

I still maintain .We score more goals with at least 4 gilt edge chances .We don’t even think about defence  .And we are continuing to take 1 out of every 4/5 chances most of the time 

Composure is our biggest problem up front .Just my opinion 

4 minutes ago, Davidorrp said:

Helander might have been mostly to blame for goals, but there are others involved in build up who didnt cover themselves in glory either. For 2nd, quick free kick, someone should have stood over ball and stopped that. The free kick came from giving away possession cheaply. Then the scorer is unmarked for the cut back. 4 players round him getting back and none actually go to mark him. There was one place cutback was going.

Last goal, Arfield gives away ball needlessly rather than keep ball.  Davis is wrong side of their midfielder who made final pass. And doesn’t even try and foul him, which would have shown some street smarts.   Both CHs too high and square to striker.  And Helander could have just brought him down and taken red.  Gerrard could have brought a sub on to kill time and shore up defence like Balogoun. And even shouting from sidelines to hold ball and take it to corners etc. So it’s not all Helanders fault even if he had a bad day at office,

Nae bother Fil

Helander has been immense when called upon. I know Goldson has played more but he has made a load more mistakes than him but because it’s against the dross he got away with it. Balogun should have started as he suited tonight more but fuck it, we move on. Top of two leagues atm

2 minutes ago, ThenNowForever said:

Helander has been immense when called upon. I know Goldson has played more but he has made a load more mistakes than him but because it’s against the dross he got away with it. Balogun should have started as he suited tonight more but fuck it, we move on. Top of two leagues atm

Immense? Ok.

How many mistakes has Goldson made this season?

Are you saying it should have been CG / LB or FH /LB who started?

Archived