Kings Interview

Smile

Folk creating a mountain out of a molehill IMO. 

His squad valuation is wild but what do we want him to say? Our players are worth £50m everyone come and bid cheap? Our accounts last week spoke for themselves, IMO he is trying to protect the value of the squad by hyping their values up. 

He is also, IMO, trying to take the pressure off Gerrard and the team a little bit by talking about how we are a bit surprised to be where we are and how Gerrard has 3 more years to win a title if he doesn't this year etc. 

51 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Folk creating a mountain out of a molehill IMO. 

His squad valuation is wild but what do we want him to say? Our players are worth £50m everyone come and bid cheap? Our accounts last week spoke for themselves, IMO he is trying to protect the value of the squad by hyping their values up. 

He is also, IMO, trying to take the pressure off Gerrard and the team a little bit by talking about how we are a bit surprised to be where we are and how Gerrard has 3 more years to win a title if he doesn't this year etc. 

I'd rather nothing like this was said publicly by anyone at the club until the league is won. The odds are there's only 5 points in it. It's fuck all, we are nowhere near crossing the finish line. We lose one game and suddenly it's 2 points and we're feeling pressure, thinking about the last two seasons.

Just keep quiet, keep going one game at a time and enjoy it when it's done.

13 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Even being generous with fees I never got to £150m nevermind £200m.

I was being generous and got to £141m. Stopping just short of working out for Barker/Jones/Stewart/Edmundson. Absolutely no chance the squad is worth anywhere near £200m. And it’s quite worrying that they think it is if it’s being used as a justification for the losses 

14 hours ago, TMB said:

He’s just stating what we already knew.  Players need to be sold.  They’ve been putting money in to a company running at a loss for years and it can’t continue.  I think he was verbalised the squad by saying £200m.  Realistically I can see one or two of our more valuable assets being sold (a Kamara and Morelos) which should bring in £35m.   That would balance the books and we can move on from there.

Followbear93 on follow follow did a break down

Just did this myself and obviously people will think different but it's not far off what King is saying.
We would need to demand top price for everyone but roughly it looks good, the value of our squad.

Tav 10 Million
Barisic 15-20m
Goldson 10m
Kamara 15 million
Kent 15 million
Morelos 20 million
Roofe 10 million
Aribo 15 million
Jack 6 million
Hagi 3-4 million
Bassey 1-3 million
Helander 3-6 million
Itten 3 million
Katic 3 million
Under million players
Jones
Barker
Stewart
Katic

Not much value becasue of age
Defoe
Arfield
Davis
McGregor
Balogun

youth players

thoughts?

DK's public pronouncements make me wince more often than not.

And I have loads of respect for the man and what he has done with certain others Board members for our club.

We have to take the season on a game by game basis that is the reality and should be our publicly stated mantra....to be fair,most of our guys stick to the script. As for the mhanks let them fry in their own juice and enjoy the in fighting and ongoing  turmoil.

Dave thinks they have a better squad than our own...I would take issue with that assessment.

But curiously  he has additionally stated that the Sellick  board needs to make serious investment  to match us.

I presume he means on management related matters and not on players.But why make these kind of  pronouncents about them even if asked a pointed/loaded question about them.Let them get on with their business while we move forward with our own agenda.

Leave the obsession complex with them.

7 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I bet Gerrard isn't happy with this crap, it's the sort of stuff they tell the players never to say. It just gives added incentive to the scum.

I had a look at the back pages of the papers in Scotland online and they were all over this pish as you would expect, one thing they were on about and I never noticed King say it, was he was wondering if Desmond would be up for responding. 

Former Rangers chairman Dave King has thrown down the gauntlet to Celtic's major shareholder, Dermot Desmond, and asked if he has the will to react to the Ibrox club's "resurgence". (Daily Record)

Archived