Zungu

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think so much of what we are seeing is down to tactics. Zungu looks to me as if he wants to surge forward but is restricted by our desire to keep possession and pass it along the back line.

I love the way we have been playing this season but these last few games, since Dundee United, we have not found it so easy. On Wednesday in the earlier stages, both Davis and Barasic repeatedly played it sideways or backwards and oddly Helander had more of the ball and was the one to probe. He for me usually is the sideways man almost to the extent that you must always give the ball to Goldson.

The coaches are clearly working on ways to draw teams out and about where Tavernier and Goldson are limited. Zungu like Davis on Wednesday clearly was asked to almost sit in and form a back 3. Difficult to look Pirloesque in those circumstances.

Yeah unfair to write him off just yet but from what I’ve seen so far I’m not overly impressed.

He seems to take an age to decide what to do with the ball, he’s not very dynamic nor has he impressed me defensively. 

Still time for him to settle in and earn a run of games in the first team but asking myself if he’s any better than McCrorie? I wouldn’t say so. 

22 hours ago, Zappa6995 said:

He is no better than Ross McCrorie and that ship has sailed.

Might not be popular opinion but mccrorie was just an average solid player. He seemed to get better every game he didnt play... Which was a lot. 

Archived