An Image That Sums up Our Team

2 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Never understood the hype around Ajer tbh, he’s good at winning headers, but then so is Katic, and I’ve never seen him getting touted for £30m+ to the likes of AC Milan. Sure he’s probably slightly quicker and slightly better technically than Katic, but his passing is still miles below the level of someone like Goldson, and Goldson is still more than good enough in the air as well. His positioning is suspect at times and he looks quite ungainly when he’s running with the ball as well, which is probably why opposition teams drop off a bit and let him run out of position to try and catch him out, like they did with Katic last season and the season before that.

I don’t think he’s terrible, but I don’t think he’s particularly great either.

Helander is better than him in every aspect of his game except pace. Goldson is better all round.  

Our other CB's are probably of a similar calibre to him but I'd still take them over him every day as they don't look like Lurch's retarded daughter.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, RockwellGers said:

Aribo seemed to have a bit of steel about him in the game which was good to see. I'm not saying he's Ian Ferguson or anything but he was getting stuck in and showing some fight. 

You kidding me on?

He was absolutely dreadful.

Aribo squaring up to him was about his most meaningful contribution in the game tbh. Nice to see a bit of aggression from our players towards them though.

As for Ajer, he's a bang average defender who seems to have bought into the hype the tarriers have tried to create for him. If not for his pace then he wouldn't even be as good as bang average.

Don't really get the reaction to him celebrating a block/tackle though. It's not for me but he isn't the first or last defender to be seen doing it.

1 hour ago, murzo said:

Yes, but if this is comparison to ajer, then Barisic isn’t overhyped and doesn’t have the mistakes in him that ajer does.

No but he did celebrate a tackle just like Ajer,and according to your post you don't do that if you're a good cb...or lb in this case.

9 hours ago, RockwellGers said:

Aribo seemed to have a bit of steel about him in the game which was good to see. I'm not saying he's Ian Ferguson or anything but he was getting stuck in and showing some fight. 

He’s up there as one of my current favourite players and does put it in at times but I thought on Saturday that most of his passes weren’t good enough and if the whole occasion was putting him off his usual and accurate game. He was our key man for the goal and I’m sure the next game against them those little nerves will be well gone and he’ll excel again as the skill he has is tremendous.

28 minutes ago, Sket said:

No but he did celebrate a tackle just like Ajer,and according to your post you don't do that if you're a good cb...or lb in this case.

Remind me when. I don’t think Barisic has the same opinion of himself that ajer  has which adds to his downfall cause he thinks he’s better than what he is, but regardless i don’t like seeing players getting excited about making a block or tackle.

22 minutes ago, murzo said:

Remind me when. I don’t think Barisic has the same opinion of himself that ajer  has which adds to his downfall cause he thinks he’s better than what he is, but regardless i don’t like seeing players getting excited about making a block or tackle.

I dont remember the exact game but he's definitely done it. It happens. It isn't a sign of how good or shite someone is.

How good does Ajer think he is btw? Have you spoken to him and asked him?

9 hours ago, RockwellGers said:

Probably explains why he was getting bypassed in midfield and couldn’t find a team mate with the ball for the majority of the game, humphing all that steel about with him :)

The lad had a nightmare, but that’s not a regular occurrence AND we won so no harm done.

2 minutes ago, Sket said:

I dont remember the exact game but he's definitely done it. It happens. It isn't a sign of how good or shite someone is.

How good does Ajer think he is btw? Have you spoken to him and asked him?

First point- aye fair enough, it’s not a sign of how good or bad a player they are 

Second point- No I’ve not spoken to him but ‘in my opinion’ he thinks he’s better than he is.

And fwiw a think he’s a greeting face cunt that would get tore a new one in the epl.

48 minutes ago, murzo said:

First point- aye fair enough, it’s not a sign of how good or bad a player they are 

Second point- No I’ve not spoken to him but ‘in my opinion’ he thinks he’s better than he is.

And fwiw a think he’s a greeting face cunt that would get tore a new one in the epl.

Glad we've cleared that up :boughy:

4 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Have you seen him play a lot like?

I’ve only seen him against us and he’s been shit

On Saturday you saw how bad his positional sense was when Morelos got the ball from Tav he had pushed up too far.

Archived