The Difference A Year Makes

BlueKnight87

28 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I think that loss gave them the ammo for n&v tbh and was a horrific day 

I think they were always going to end the season the way they did. Even if we were a few points off. 

N&V was never on the table. I think what happened but motivated our team massively. Now for all there politicking last season we've ended the tainted 10 in convincing fashion.

Absolute Karma 👍

1 hour ago, Smile said:

We should have won it last year we were in a good position but ran out of energy with all the games we played.

I agree. I think between us being inexperienced and energy levels we fucked it. 
we were in a good place that’s for sure. 

1 hour ago, Smile said:

We should have won it last year we were in a good position but ran out of energy with all the games we played.

Depth hurt us last season. Our starting 11 could beat anyone. But once injuries/suspensions happened we struggled as our other options weren't great. 

This year you look at our bench and think the bulk of it could be in the first team. 

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Depth of the squad wasn’t there. Finally addressed it in the summer and the difference has been night and day.

13 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Depth hurt us last season. Our starting 11 could beat anyone. But once injuries/suspensions happened we struggled as our other options weren't great. 

This year you look at our bench and think the bulk of it could be in the first team. 

Beat me to it re squad depth, getting the new signings in early too. I reckon if we picked a second eleven from the current squad they'd be hard to beat. 

16 minutes ago, jafrfc said:

Depth of the squad wasn’t there. Finally addressed it in the summer and the difference has been night and day.

Off the field too, miles ahead of where we were last year. Club now has a firm structure in most departments, commercially picked up the pace, and are able to commit to the long term comfortably. All this under the limitations we've lived under for the past year is commendable.  

44 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Aye but it’s cause cellic have been shite apparently. 

Unbeaten in the league and the last European team to beat us was Leverkusen 

I was listening to the Totally Scottish Football show the other week and that Laura Brannan said that because Hamilton, Dundee Utd and Kilmarnock had ‘had a go at us’ it showed that ‘Rangers aren’t to be feared

Comments like that just show me that this team isn’t going to get the credit it deserves from outsiders for a long, long time. 

It’s going to easily be one of the best teams to win the top flight in Scottish Football and it should be remembered as such.

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I was listening to the Totally Scottish Football show the other week and that Laura Brannan said that because Hamilton, Dundee Utd and Kilmarnock had ‘had a go at us’ it showed that ‘Rangers aren’t to be feared

Comments like that just show me that this team isn’t going to get the credit it deserves from outsiders for a long, long time. 

It’s going to easily be one of the best teams to win the top flight in Scottish Football and it should be remembered as such.

Many of the teams that won titles with potentially 100+ points, unbeaten and a potential whitewash of the other side of the OF are always remembered fondly years later by the fans that win it and unfortunately for the fans that lose it for all the wrong reasons. I’ll sit back in my 50s as we deliver title number 70 and still think back to this team. 

If we get to the last 4 of the Europa league and lift the Scottish cup it’ll be one of our best seasons in 30+ years 

1 hour ago, BlueHatBlueDay said:

Off the field too, miles ahead of where we were last year. Club now has a firm structure in most departments, commercially picked up the pace, and are able to commit to the long term comfortably. All this under the limitations we've lived under for the past year is commendable.  

Yeah, this for me. The depth in our squad has made a huge difference to the turnaround. Subs are coming on and making an impact. Notably Itten against Motherwell and recently Wright as a sub.

Adding players like Roofe and Balogun was massive.

52 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Just goes to show how shite scottish football is when teams don't fear the team that's most likely to beat them and that pundits think that's an advert for the game

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Look at the points totals they had on the 8/75 titles and then factor in we were either not there or not competing at a high level. They don't like people pointing that out👍

Walked out of Tynecastle and Ibrox a year back thinking that Gerrard was done  12/13/14 in a row was a formality.

The management have improved unbelievably and the team are far more resillient.

Guys like Roofe signing has helped but, all in all, it’s mostly the same guys who were here last season who have driven us to success.

I was really depressed last year. I thought it was our big chance and we blew it. We were clearly a better team. Thought timmy would see we were close and throw the cheque book at getting 10. Thought our chance had gone knowing they had cash in the bank.  But we have been unstoppable.

3 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Walked out of Tynecastle and Ibrox a year back thinking that Gerrard was done  12/13/14 in a row was a formality.

The management have improved unbelievably and the team are far more resillient.

Guys like Roofe signing has helped but, all in all, it’s mostly the same guys who were here last season who have driven us to success.

I remember after those 2 games thinking his time was up. I thought he was getting ready to walk as I never seen the board sacking him. 

The turnaround has been nothing short of incredible. 

If we went back and told ourselves 1 year on we would be on the brink of a title absolutely smashing through the league no one ever believe it.  

Archived