the gaffer says it all for all of us

hawkfalcons

17 minutes ago, My Fathers Scarf said:

Brings a tear to your eye. To all that complain about taking a knee. Think again.

It's shocking, and I've been fizzing all day about the Kamara incident :sad:

However, on the flip side (as I've said on another thread) taking the knee is a pointless task as Connor Goldson has alluded to. It's basically a "token gesture" that UEFA integrate now in their "show racism the red card" campaign amongst others. 

All empty words I'm afraid mate unless they act on their convictions, which I'll guarantee they won't. Empty promises from a corrupt money grabbing establishment that have to be seen to be making a difference, but realistically they don't. 

Perhaps they will surprise us and exclude that abhorrent team from future European competition (ban them). Not so we can replace them this year, but for the simple fact they don't belong in it, as fans, as a club, and as a chairman that backs a racist cunt, and more or less encourages it through twitter. 

Taking a knee seemed upstanding at the time but clearly, it has had little effect.

I no longer know what the answer is anymore. The last two days have been shocking and yet we are continually subjected to horrendous banners and idiotic comments from pundits after the fact.

The world is fucked at the moment.

Ar least we still have Rangers when you see proud, poignant moments like this with the gaffer and his protege.

57 minutes ago, My Fathers Scarf said:

Brings a tear to your eye. To all that complain about taking a knee. Think again.

Taking the knee has been basically pointless mate.  A "tick-box" exercise to appease certain football and media organisations.    I admire Wilfried Zaha for his refusal to adhere to the "token" gesture.  Action not gestures is what is required.

Such a powerful image of one human being reaching out to another with love and compassion. Spontaneously and genuinely.

You're left with the feeling that our manager is one hell of a decent man.

So proud of him and of our players.

The bond between him and his players will only be stronger after this.

GK is obviously the type of guy that needs an arm around him. You get guys like that, one of your mates who you know isn’t a hard man, a big mouth, just a sound cunt who probably just gets on with everyone. 

I would take a guess that this is why the team and Gerrard are so furious, especially Goldson. Although it doesn’t matter what the person is like wether quiet or big mouthed etc etc you can just tell the players love him and want to protect him. 

I’ll be gutted if Kamara isn’t playing on Sunday because of this. He’s had a fantastic season and I genuinely hope that piece of shit from Slavia twists and snaps his cruciate the next game he plays and never recovers. 

He’s fucking picked on the smallest, quietest, coolest in player on the park coz he hasn’t got the balls to for someone like Goldson, Alfie or Bassey etc....coz they’d have fucking snapped him in half, and he knew it.

Fucking coward 

25 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

GK is obviously the type of guy that needs an arm around him. You get guys like that, one of your mates who you know isn’t a hard man, a big mouth, just a sound cunt who probably just gets on with everyone. 

I would take a guess that this is why the team and Gerrard are so furious, especially Goldson. Although it doesn’t matter what the person is like wether quiet or big mouthed etc etc you can just tell the players love him and want to protect him. 

I’ll be gutted if Kamara isn’t playing on Sunday because of this. He’s had a fantastic season and I genuinely hope that piece of shit from Slavia twists and snaps his cruciate the next game he plays and never recovers. 

He’s fucking picked on the smallest, quietest, coolest in player on the park coz he hasn’t got the balls to for someone like Goldson, Alfie or Bassey etc....coz they’d have fucking snapped him in half, and he knew it.

Fucking coward 

This^ Couldn't have put it any better myself :thumbup:

7 hours ago, hawkfalcons said:

if this has been posted previously applogise 

It is genuinely heartbreaking, I just want to give him a hug too and let him know I support him. I hope Glen can sue the guy in the courts. I think it will take something like this before UEFA stop making gestures to stamp out racism and start acting on stamping it out. If the courts act, then UEFA will be forced to act.

The fact that Kamara literally leans in, head on shoulder and squeezes Stevie shows the magnitude of the issue. He was a broken man at that point and needed a real hug. As tough cunts as we all think we are, be honest, when you are broken you need a proper hug. Really hammers home why they need the book thrown at them. 

8 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

It's shocking, and I've been fizzing all day about the Kamara incident :sad:

However, on the flip side (as I've said on another thread) taking the knee is a pointless task as Connor Goldson has alluded to. It's basically a "token gesture" that UEFA integrate now in their "show racism the red card" campaign amongst others. 

All empty words I'm afraid mate unless they act on their convictions, which I'll guarantee they won't. Empty promises from a corrupt money grabbing establishment that have to be seen to be making a difference, but realistically they don't. 

Perhaps they will surprise us and exclude that abhorrent team from future European competition (ban them). Not so we can replace them this year, but for the simple fact they don't belong in it, as fans, as a club, and as a chairman that backs a racist cunt, and more or less encourages it through twitter. 

Pointless task. Don't know about that. Initially it was a powerful statement until the movement got hijacked. But it certainly got noticed and made people think. I certainly did. 

7 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Taking the knee has been basically pointless mate.  A "tick-box" exercise to appease certain football and media organisations.    I admire Wilfried Zaha for his refusal to adhere to the "token" gesture.  Action not gestures is what is required.

Zaha and others disagree  with the direction of the movement. But your probably right, it's losing it's power to make people think about the problem. In any other working environment, people making racist comments would be sacked. Football should be no different. Ban them from playing again. That would be a telling message.

6 hours ago, A.T.G said:

Fucking coward 

Agree with it all bar the cruciate bit.👍

6 hours ago, A.T.G said:

Fucking coward 

Exactly this. And then the entire club round on the victim and attack him to deflect from themselves. Absolute vermin.

9 hours ago, My Fathers Scarf said:

Actions speak louder than words. Talk of solidarity, show racism the red card, taking the knee etc mean fuck all, what matter is UEFA make a proper stand and give the racist bastard and his scummy club a proper punishment. Time to show that the powers that be are actually serious about dealing with racism rather than just token gestures.

Archived