Tugay Kerimoglu best long range PL goals

Essandoh

• Essandoh changed the title to Tugay Kerimoglu best long range PL goals

Brilliant player. Him, Reyna and McCann were my favourites from that period.

I was in the lower Copland and had a brilliant view of the goal against Dunfermline. Was in from the second the ball left his foot.

Met him in St Enochs square once. Even smaller than me! Was very pleasant.

On 10/04/2021 at 21:01, Cedrick said:

Mind advocaat played him sweeper Monaco away , worked a treat 

Played there a few times if I remember rightly? Remember it raised a lot of eyebrows at the time, but he was unreal in that position. Can't believe how much he still had in the tank after he left us. We should have kept him. 

3 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Played there a few times if I remember rightly? Remember it raised a lot of eyebrows at the time, but he was unreal in that position. Can't believe how much he still had in the tank after he left us. We should have kept him. 

Aye good player , wasn’t even a regular at the time to 

He seems to have built a reputation for us based on how good he was at Blackburn, he was bit of a sand dancer for us - an utter mile behind Barry, Gio and Albertz

Always chat about Monaco, great - what about Kaiserslautern..him and Reyna walking about the park getting our arses felt in a competition we should have went far in.  

Never got enough time to settle at our club to truly show how much class he absolutely oozed, at the time the squad was bulging with talent, Tugay was bought mainly for Europe where he was highly regarded as one of the best deep lying midfielders in the business imo if Souness hadn't been manager of Blackburn I doubt we would have sold him for such a low price he played over 270 games in eight seasons for Rovers where he definitely played some of his best football which should have been at Rangers.

Archived