Absolutely no excuse for not winning both cups this season

RangersMedia

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

We’re not counting lower league titles towards anything, thankfully. 

I don’t think the club would even acknowledge them. You certainly won’t see a picture of the Ramsdens Cup painted on the walls.

2 hours ago, tannerall said:

Are you serious ? Our Captains have held up 5 trophies since 2011, had you forgotten ? Have a look on Wiki again if you don't know, or phone Ibrox to confirm. 

Good question actually, who were our captains who lifted our 5 trophies gained since 2011. 

Fuck off :lol:

At it

On 25/04/2021 at 21:12, psb07158 said:

A fucking disgrace, a complete embarrassment to the club and if anyone denies it they can fuck off too.

Disgusted with the players after that nonsense today

You just phishing for likes mate, aye?

Yes we should have scored in 90 mins.

Yes we should have defended that corner better.

Yes - our 1st and 4th penalty were poor.

Some of the shite we've endured since 2012 has been a brass neck.

Sunday - we just lost fair and square. You get over it and you move on. Guess you'll be down at the stadium wanting to chuck barriers at the team bus though, eh?

Eejit.

3 hours ago, tannerall said:

Good question actually, who were our captains who lifted our 5 trophies gained since 2011. 

Only 'lifted' 4 since 2011, this season's league hasn't been 'lifted' yet. 

Counting the other '4' is pathetic, they aren't major honours. 

10 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Sunday - we just lost fair and square. You get over it and you move on. Guess you'll be down at the stadium wanting to chuck barriers at the team bus though, eh?

Eejit.

There’s no fishing from him mate, just a complete moron.

Exactly why there needs to be a rethink about who should be admin and who shouldn’t be

47 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Eejit.

"Yes we should have won but we didn't and we lost to St Johnstone, a team whose annual wage bill for their entire squad is less than what we pay Jermain Defoe"

Fuck up. Take your mediocrity elsewhere.

35 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

There’s no fishing from him mate, just a complete moron.

Exactly why there needs to be a rethink about who should be admin and who shouldn’t be

I hate to pile-in on the fat jokes, but you need to observe Ramadan with me, tubby. 

7 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

"Yes we should have won but we didn't and we lost to St Johnstone, a team whose annual wage bill for their entire squad is less than what we pay Jermain Defoe"

Fuck up. Take your mediocrity elsewhere.

I hate to pile-in on the fat jokes, but you need to observe Ramadan with me, tubby. 

:lol: :lol: 

Reported for bullying

4 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The league was won and europe was gone by sunday night, so what once slavia put us out we just tell the players to put their feet up till next season

Theres a reason why we have won 116 major honours and its not because we chucked it once the league and europe was done 

I think it's harsh to say players have "chucked it". It's been a long hard season and the likes of Goldson, Barasic, Davis, Kamara and Kent have played a huge amount of games.

If anything the failure has been not being able to rotate players more, we did it in the earlier part of the season but due to injuries and some of the squad players not being good enough, we haven't been able to do it so much since January.

I still think Gerrard has to learn how better to use substitutions too. Itten should of been on for the exhausted Kent after we scored (or before). His height defending that corner might of made the difference.

1 hour ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Eejit.

2 games within a few days and we couldn’t figure St Johnstone out.  Mon tae fuck mate!  

4 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The post xmas collapse is still to be confirmed as gone, given the tarriers put us under no pressure whatsoever

You just can’t bring yourself to praise Rangers after an outstanding league campaign can you?

They showed plenty of bottle throughout the entire season.

20 minutes ago, five stars said:

I think it's harsh to say players have "chucked it". It's been a long hard season and the likes of Goldson, Barasic, Davis, Kamara and Kent have played a huge amount of games.

If anything the failure has been not being able to rotate players more, we did it in the earlier part of the season but due to injuries and some of the squad players not being good enough, we haven't been able to do it so much since January.

I still think Gerrard has to learn how better to use substitutions too. Itten should of been on for the exhausted Kent after we scored (or before). His height defending that corner might of made the difference.

But then whos fault is it that these players have played all these games, davis got 70mins away last wed, kamara got the full 90, goldson has played every min while at the start of the season gerrard played switch the centre half partner with balogun and helander

If the squad depth is indeed not good enough to cope with the demands of a domestic and euro schedule like ours then what the hell have they been doing for 3 years, we chased zungu for months, yet we cant rely on him away to st johnstone in a dead rubber game etc 

Just now, Real Ranger said:

You just can’t bring yourself to praise Rangers after an outstanding league campaign can you?

They showed plenty of bottle throughout the entire season.

Of course they get praise, however it seems or years in the doldrums has turned some of our support into god knows what, people justifying being papped out the domestic cups by shite because we won the league

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

But then whos fault is it that these players have played all these games, davis got 70mins away last wed, kamara got the full 90, goldson has played every min while at the start of the season gerrard played switch the centre half partner with balogun and helander

If the squad depth is indeed not good enough to cope with the demands of a domestic and euro schedule like ours then what the hell have they been doing for 3 years, we chased zungu for months, yet we cant rely on him away to st johnstone in a dead rubber game etc 

"what the hell have they been doing for 3 years". Yeah, like what did the Roman's even do for us?! 

If you can't see what they've been doing for the last 3 years you need to rewatch our game against that Luxembourg pub team or maybe the first old firm game of the same season.

4 minutes ago, five stars said:

"what the hell have they been doing for 3 years". Yeah, like what did the Roman's even do for us?! 

If you can't see what they've been doing for the last 3 years you need to rewatch our game against that Luxembourg pub team or maybe the first old firm game of the same season.

How many years do we need to wait to be good in domestic cups? 

4 minutes ago, five stars said:

So no answer then, multi millions spent on the squad and we are asking a gut like goldson to play every minute of every game, millions spent on wages and transfer and we are asking davis at his age to play every game

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Advocaat won 5 out of 6 domestic trophies in his first two years, while making good inroads in europe

But apparently now its too difficult a task to win one domestic cup out of 6

Advocaat had a squad of world class players tbf 😂 I’m delighted that we’ve won 55 but it’s hard not to be disappointed in losing out on the other two cups, our biggest competition has been put out in the earlier stages so all we’ve had to do is keep it together and beat the dross.

this game has been hard to take because the cup should’ve been our main focus, and we’d played them 4 days before

12 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Of course they get praise, however it seems or years in the doldrums has turned some of our support into god knows what, people justifying being papped out the domestic cups by shite because we won the league

Before a ball was kicked I wasn’t really giving a fuck about the league and Scottish cups.

For me, if we had won the cup double but lost the league, it would have been no consolation whatsoever.

Having won the league the Scottish cup did mean more and it’s now a major disappointment to have been knocked out, still hurts thinking about the game but I’m sure by trophy day on the 15th I’ll be well and truly over our cup exits.

I just had a feeling that we weren't going to make it on Sunday. The loss of form since the 7th has reminded me of the year we gave the cup to golac's team because the league was won too early and St Johnstone were dangerous opposition because they've already had cup success this season.

1 hour ago, TamCoopz said:

Advocaat had a squad of world class players tbf 😂 I’m delighted that we’ve won 55 but it’s hard not to be disappointed in losing out on the other two cups, our biggest competition has been put out in the earlier stages so all we’ve had to do is keep it together and beat the dross.

this game has been hard to take because the cup should’ve been our main focus, and we’d played them 4 days before

Did he? Wallace up front, 19yo barry Ferguson, ian Ferguson near the end of his career, Jonathan johannsen, amongst others, when we bought the likes of gio etc they werent world class, they were good but not world class

Scott Wilson played 20 times that season, tony vidmar (love him btw, right honest solid player) played 39 games lol

Plus we're talking about stmirren and st johnstone here, we shouldnt be needing world class players to beat them 

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Advocaat won 5 out of 6 domestic trophies in his first two years, while making good inroads in europe

But apparently now its too difficult a task to win one domestic cup out of 6

Dick Advocaat also spent £83 million in his 3 and a half year tenure after inheriting a quality squad.

Total non comparison. 

Archived