Bacuna

WestCoastGer

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

So keep him for games that hardly any graft is needed? Against opposition we are expected to beat?

About 90% of our games you mean? Aye.

Apart from Europe and old firms we will dominate possession and try to break teams down. Forward thinkin players are useful for that 

6 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

About 90% of our games you mean? Aye.

Apart from Europe and old firms we will dominate possession and try to break teams down. Forward thinkin players are useful for that 

It’s amazing what we now accept as fans.  
I’m a bit old fashioned I want players at our club who are undroppable, who make the manager have a difficult decision who to play. Players that despite the opposition give you everything 

I don’t really like bit part, make do players good enough for only some games but not all 

Not saying Bacuna is that btw, just highlighting what some settle for 

6 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I’m a bit old fashioned I want players at our club who are undroppable, who make the manager have a difficult decision who to play. Players that despite the opposition give you everything 

I don’t really like bit part, make do players good enough for only some games but not all 

Football changed, players who are absolutely undroppable for us won't last long here either.

13 hours ago, AdzKyle said:

We do not need a Davis/Lundstram/Kamara combination. One of them with Bacuna in the midfield would do nicely. 2 DMs in SPL is too much. 

On the surface that seems logical enough, but it’s the two DMs who let us get the full backs forward, past the midfield. That’s often been our best form of attack.

1 hour ago, left winger said:

On the surface that seems logical enough, but it’s the two DMs who let us get the full backs forward, past the midfield. That’s often been our best form of attack.

How many crosses do our fullbacks ping into the box with only one forward in an attacking position.

Like, say, Advocaat having Derek McInnes starting European games ahead of millions of pounds of talent when he wouldn't start in the league?

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I’m not a future teller however you don’t have to be one to answer my question which makes your previous post null. 

We couldn't even keep hold of Lewis MaCleod. Most of our team has been average for going on 10 years, only now do we have some good players and I'd say none of them are undroppable bar Kent.

2 hours ago, left winger said:

With Jack back that should free up one of our midfielders to be more attacking. We've started struggling defensively(worse this season) ever since he got injured.

7 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

How many crosses do our fullbacks ping into the box with only one forward in an attacking position.

I've not counted. It's no secret that at our best our full backs attack and go past the midfield.

While what you're alluding to is a valid point there is of course nothing stopping our three forwards, other midfielder, other full back and the 2 dms moving forward if appropriate. After all we do often see very defensive opposition attack in numbers against us when they have the chance.

I would say the lack of players in the box is more down to desire, confidence, etc rather than having 2 defensive midfielders. 

6 minutes ago, NitshillBear said:

Like, say, Advocaat having Derek McInnes starting European games ahead of millions of pounds of talent when he wouldn't start in the league?

McInnes was 28 when advocaat arrived. He was not a player at the start of his career. He also left the following season iirc. Poor example 

We've always had players like that, nothing to do with 'what we now accept'

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

We couldn't even keep hold of Lewis MaCleod. Most of our team has been average for going on 10 years, only now do we have some good players and I'd say none of them are undroppable bar Kent.

There’s been numerous occasions that Kent has been very droppable 

1 hour ago, They Gnu said:

Apart from Scotty Arfield we don’t have midfield runners getting beyond the forwards and into the box,Bacuna offers us that. He’ll prove a valuable signing.

Exactly. I think weve missed Arfield a lot. Not so much the player, but the type of player and what he brings from midfield to the box. Even against Brondby, Arfield picked up some very good positions. Don't get me wrong I think Arfield is finished but someone who can play midfield and do that is vital.

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

I'm no sure you're getting what I'm saying mate. It's not about bit part players, rather players suited to certain games. In about 90% of those games we will dominate the ball and play against teams who sit in. Players like Bacuna could be useful for that and give you another attacking option (based on yesterday) whereas in games like old firms and European teams where we need some grit and defensive minded midfielders - workers, I can see why we would rather play a Davis or a Lundstram type of player.

5 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

With Jack back that should free up one of our midfielders to be more attacking. We've started struggling defensively(worse this season) ever since he got injured.

We never struggled defensively when he got injured last February, infact we conceded something like 3 or 4 league goals when he was missing

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We never struggled defensively when he got injured last February, infact we conceded something like 3 or 4 league goals when he was missing

Perhaps not but we look far less assured and solid defensively without him in the side though.

I think it’s a guarantee that if he gets back to fitness we stop conceding so many stupid goals.