RangersMedia Erskine Fund needs Your Support

govanblue

A message from Erskine:

Please pass on our sincere thanks once again to Renfrew Bowling Club.   Here's a picture of (part of) their donation.  The pictures might be short of a few items as Carol and Carol were out gallivanting with our residents when the donation arrived and by the time the picture was taken some items had already been distributed to our guys as they were keen to get started!

fishy-23wee.thumb.jpg.be6d57c9c9a556d40d672466b7e60d48.jpg

renfrew-bowling-donation1we.thumb.jpg.6db37367fc45a801ef86ec62e84962c8.jpg

:rangers:

And finally, here's the photo we've all been waiting for.

After a long absence, Erskine Veterans finally got back into their seats in September...

footie-sept-21wee.thumb.jpg.6c1b9f27f7a59eee3dd15f0f2168d657.jpg

Unfortunately it was a brief return as they had to go back into lockdown again shortly afterwards. :sad:

But don't worry, they'll be back at Ibrox soon - and in the meantime, we'll just keep them going with our ever-popular Fish & Chips nights. :tu:

fishy-24wee.thumb.jpg.30160965275a89e10846eaf05ee40a94.jpg

12 hours ago, manfromadness said:

Hello

I would like to thank you and everyone else connected to helping the Erskine residents. My father is currently a resident there and features in a few of your photographs. He enjoyed his visit to Ibrox to see the Gers and his Ibrox tour the next day. Sadly he tested positive for Covid the following week but managed to see it off, not bad for a 92 year old.

As a younger man he managed a few Boys Clubs including Third Lanark and Rangers and one of his proudest moments was beating celtic at Barrowfield with Jock Stein presenting the medals.

Over the years, particularly when I was in the RAF, I have managed to raise some funds for this fantastic home and want to thank you and congratulate you for all your hard work for making a difference in these veterans lives.

I sort of do my own thing these days but am certainly interested in helping out where I can. All the best. We really are the people.

Many thanks for taking the time to post, and Many thanks for your kind words.  :rangers:

It's always good to hear from the relatives of our Erskine Veterans, and to hear that the Veterans are enjoying their trips to Ibrox. 

It's easy for us all to forget that our modest efforts here do still manage to have a measurable impact on their daily lives (every other Saturday and more), and do help to ensure that Rangers continue to be an active part of their social lives. (and Fish & Chips, and whisky for all - we can't have the non-Bears missing out on all the fun!))

If you don't already know, Erskine are always keen to give the residents' relatives an opportunity to go to a game along with them.  So if you haven't already, do mention that to the Recreation Staff - the seats are pretty decent!.  :rangers:

Oh, and anyone looking in, who wants to help us continue to support our Erskine Veterans with Rangers-Related Recreational Treats - a donation of just £10 will go a long way to maintaining the momentum. 

Message @Zetland for details.  :oldchap:

Many thanks to @mearns loyal who once again has gone above and beyond.

Not only has he donated his 4 Hampden Tickets to the Erskine Veterans, he even took the time out to deliver them directly to Erskine!  What a trooper! :UK:

Updates and pics to follow.  :rangers:

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/11/2021 at 10:57, govanblue said:

Many thanks to @mearns loyal who once again has gone above and beyond.

Not only has he donated his 4 Hampden Tickets to the Erskine Veterans, he even took the time out to deliver them directly to Erskine!  What a trooper! :UK:

Updates and pics to follow.  :rangers:

Dunno if this is a good idea or not, but see for start of season fundraiser would it be worth sponsoring a few people in say Combat Stress to get their own MyGers memberships so they get a pack etc and can start building up points in their own names?

27 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Dunno if this is a good idea or not, but see for start of season fundraiser would it be worth sponsoring a few people in say Combat Stress to get their own MyGers memberships so they get a pack etc and can start building up points in their own names?

Honest answer - I have no idea.

One for @govanblue perhaps? :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/12/2021 at 14:37, McEwan's Lager said:

It's definitely something worth considering.  I think we looked at it when it was launched, but were largely unconvinced of how well suited it was to our needs at the time. :unsure:

So Erskine Park Home had some change left out of our Fish & Chips donation (see above for pics of that)

So with the money they had left, they hired some Festive Entertainment...

shoogalie_1.thumb.jpg.c133b7473d9aee8ccd44f04369279fad.jpg

shoogalie_5.thumb.jpg.ea0e663950b912961c65bd443dad4bda.jpg

Mrs Claus seemed to go down well with the Gentlemen...

shoogalie_4.thumb.jpg.8c072c1d59bd7f6bb170e42e26bc63be.jpg

shoogalie_2.thumb.jpg.066667c1641f17bea4b88ecb77852366.jpg

shoogalie_3.thumb.jpg.cae5fb70524c0d8881269545961690ed.jpg

shoogalie_6.thumb.jpg.731a714355df6688996e3f54776c5b66.jpg

I guess they're looking forward to their Christmas Stockings. :hmmm:

Anyway,  Erskine send their thanks to everyone in the RangersMedia Erskine Fund for paying for that wee event. :bow:

As I mentioned, due to Covid, they can't get out much these days - so a little bit of home-delivered entertainment can brighten up an otherwise grey December afternoon. :coolio:

I've deleted Mrs Claus' phone number from the flyer, but if anyone wants to book her, just PM me! :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Zetland said:

@govanblue

I thought Mrs Claus was Susan Calman! :whistle:

16 minutes ago, Bearsinblue said:

Yeah she’s got a definite look of her in the second photo especially 🤣🤣🔴🔵

These are tough times for Mrs Claus, ever since Mr Claus ran off with that red-nosed bitch!

And her work is mostly seasonal.  So if she has to do a bit of moonlighting for the other 11 months, who are we to judge? :smokingcowboy: