A fantastic start to an EPL game

11 hours ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

I see ra sellick are away from home in the last match before Remembrance Sunday, That pesky computer at it again.

I've no idea where folk get this idea fixtures are random/ How do you think the Old Firm almost always takes place at new year?

11 hours ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

I see ra sellick are away from home in the last match before Remembrance Sunday, That pesky computer at it again.

I see we are at home in the last match before Remembrance Sunday. That pesky computer at it again.

50,000 of us get to commemorate our war dead at Ibrox, on the last match before Remembrance Sunday every season because of that pesky computer. 

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I've no idea where folk get this idea fixtures are random/ How do you think the Old Firm almost always takes place at new year?

Some are fixed, and some are randomised. 

Sad if celtic have to be one of the fixed ones as away for Remembrance Sunday.  

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Some are fixed, and some are randomised. 

Sad if celtic have to be one of the fixed ones as away for Remembrance Sunday.  

None are randomised. Every single fixture week has stipulations in place (rangers and celtic not at home at the same time, hibs/hearts & dundee clubs too). Also try avoid Hibs & Edinburgh City clashing, Aberdeen/Cove as well. Then there's making sure there's no clashes with events at Murrayfield.

34 minutes ago, The Dude said:

None are randomised. Every single fixture week has stipulations in place (Rangers and celtic not at home at the same time, hibs/hearts & dundee clubs too). Also try avoid Hibs & Edinburgh City clashing, Aberdeen/Cove as well. Then there's making sure there's no clashes with events at Murrayfield.

Wrong. They’re randomised, but within certain parameters. Tweaks are then made where required. You’re going into the weeds here anyway.

The point is that no club should be required to be given an away fixture because their support can’t respect a minutes silence. 

38 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Wrong. They’re randomised, but within certain parameters. Tweaks are then made where required. You’re going into the weeds here anyway.

The point is that no club should be required to be given an away fixture because their support can’t respect a minutes silence. 

There are parameters affecting (at least) half the clubs on any given weekend.

Rangers/Celtic

Dundee/Dundee United

Hibs/Hearts

Celtic played at home on three of the last five Remembrance weekend's that fans have been in

EDIT: Fixtures are also based on previous league position as there's a formula in place which is intended to get everyone playing the same number of games at home as they do away based on them finishing in a predicted position (which is why when teams don't perform to 'expectations' there's seasons where we'll go somewhere three times or someone will visit Ibrox three times)