Gio

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Oh dear. So how to beat teams like Ross County, the Tims etc.

impart his knowledge of a game which differs widely between clubs, through punditry, playing with us 15yr ago or whatever 

we’d be better having a Japanese guy in our backroom or someone from Dingwall. 

it’s a stupid theory that a guy that “gets us” will help.  

wit

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

I asked for specifics about how a Scotsman’s knowledge of the game could help us? 

would he tell Gio how Motherwell play for instance?

I think having someone who knows Scottish football would be a good thing for a trip to Fir Park.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Identity for one. We could have done with a few more Scots boys on the park last night that get it. I have nothing against foreign coaches but there should be a bit more balance instead of 100% nepotism.

Besides, Thomson and McCann have a good knowledge of the game and understand the magnitude of wearing the shirt. That is immeasurable when handed down to the current players. 

So what do you think of a fat Aussie who have two Scot’s assistants who were pathetic under popcorn teeth- who plays folk who can’t speak English or have even been to Scotland giving us a doing?

perhaps Neil McCann with his massive knowledge of us and the Scottish game would help our boys play better football?

it’s just a weird thing to think will help tbh.  

It's bonkers we've allowed this guy to come in and change everything. We play the complete opposite way that this team have been built for. 

Before the break even something as little as the Goldson ball in behind was still a thing since the break its completely gone. 

I can understand a new management tweaking 1 or 2 things max but this idiot has completely tore everything up and started again mid season when 40mil is at stake 

Madness 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

So what do you think of a fat Aussie who have two Scot’s assistants who were pathetic under popcorn teeth- who plays folk who can’t speak English or have even been to Scotland giving us a doing. 

perhaps Neil McCann with his massive knowledge of us and the Scottish game would help our boys play better football?

it’s just a weird thing to think will help tbh.  

We Scots love to downplay our own homegrown talents and love a sexy European name.

The same applies to homegrown players.

Having a Scot on the backroom staff would only have helped and not hindered. You are making a bigger deal of this than it warrants.

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

It's bonkers we've allowed this guy to come in and change everything. We play the complete opposite way that this team have been built for. 

Before the break even something as little as the Goldson ball in behind was still a thing since the break its completely gone. 

I can understand a new management tweaking 1 or 2 things max but this idiot has completely tore everything up and started again mid season when 40mil is at stake 

Madness 

I agree with you KK. Changes should have been implemented gradually and not so drastic. 

We easily shit on the players but we don't really know how much they have been asked to alter their game. 

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

We Scots love to downplay our own homegrown talents and love a sexy European name.

Having a Scot on the backroom staff would only have helped and not hindered. You are making a bigger deal of this than it warrants.

Last I checked Colin Stewart was part of the coaching staff.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Jimmy Bell, Ross Wilson, Colin Stewart, John Brown, Billy kirwood, Craig Mulholland, Davey McCallum

Perhaps we should ask them to have a word?

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I agree with you KK. Changes should have been implemented gradually and not so drastic. 

We easily shit on the players but we don't really know how much they have been asked to alter their game. 

And if they don't buy into it, then it makes it even worse.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Fair point, but regardless of a change in their game tasking it’s no excuse for a players lack of heart, ambition or endeavour which unfortunately last night we witnessed in abundance.
As for GVB, I’m genuinely unsure what his ‘style of play’ is at the moment, he stated on interview prior to the game that his team did not play counter attacking football, but over the last few matches that’s exactly how it’s looked. 
In summary however, he has some serious work to do and if he wants to keep any level of fan support, he had better start doing it sooner rather than later…

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Jimmy Bell, Ross Wilson, Colin Stewart, John Brown, Billy kirwood, Craig Mulholland, Davey McCallum

Perhaps we should ask them to have a word?

None of the names you mentioned has a direct input on coaching the first team players other than Stewart who is in a specialized role for goalkeepers. You are clutching at straws here mate.