Gio

22 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

The “it’s not his squad” excuse doesn’t wash when you look at the squad he inherited. Yes it was granted as an excuse for Warburton, Caixinha and Gerrard, but they all inherited varying degrees of the same shit show all of those squads required massive overhauls.

Gio inherited a championship winning team that was sitting four points clear at the top of league and the strongest starting eleven was kept together in January too.

And his first 4 signings weren’t involved at all yesterday.

22 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

If Gio did not have any ties to Rangers the support would be almost entirely united in calling for him to go. The league results are completely unacceptable and there are no excuses for it. 

The support was never united against Gerrard when it was a lot worse than this tbf.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

And his first 4 signings weren’t involved at all yesterday.

That’s a baffling one.

The thing that is a bit frustrating is not knowing how much influence each party from board/Wilson/Gio has. 

Really makes it difficult to judge where to apportion blame for what’s looking to be another shambles of a window.

12 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I'm not saying we are a total mess here but I think a lot of water has gone under the bridge since we won the league. It's not a happy camp and it hasn't been since July.

I don't think you can ignore he's inherited a squad with a chunk of players that don't want to be here. The results are largely still the same as under Gerrard. He had lost one and drawn three. I think with Gio we have lost one and drawn four. Yesterday was a carbon copy of the Motherwell 1-1 draw at home. 

There's no reason not to give him the summer window, which was the point I was making in response to Kirk. 

And if you compare fixtures then gio has went to hibs, hearts, sheep, tarriers, livi, united and County, gerrard only went to united and county, gio has one less point from the same two away games

Had gerrard under his teams form went to, hibs, hearts, livi pre break we were never getting 9 points

13 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I'm not saying we are a total mess here but I think a lot of water has gone under the bridge since we won the league. It's not a happy camp and it hasn't been since July.

I don't think you can ignore he's inherited a squad with a chunk of players that don't want to be here. The results are largely still the same as under Gerrard. He had lost one and drawn three. I think with Gio we have lost one and drawn four. Yesterday was a carbon copy of the Motherwell 1-1 draw at home. 

There's no reason not to give him the summer window, which was the point I was making in response to Kirk. 

No reason the now not to give him the summer window in your opinion. 

My own is if we have no trophies come May there is a high probability they've won the lot. He doesn't survive that 

30 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

The “it’s not his squad” excuse doesn’t wash when you look at the squad he inherited. Yes it was granted as an excuse for Warburton, Caixinha and Gerrard, but they all inherited varying degrees of the same shit show all of those squads required massive overhauls.

Gio inherited a championship winning team that was sitting four points clear at the top of league and the strongest starting eleven was kept together in January too.

He did, he also inherited a poor form team that still had to go to 6 of the toughest away grounds in the league up till now, 

Absolutely no chance the team under gerrard and the way they were playing, were going to they 6 games and winning 3,drawing 2 and losing 1

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Sounding like a fucking loser now.

Have we got VAR? No

Then stop fucking mentioning it and get the team winning games.

I'm still behind Gio but shit like this is worrying. Wasn't he saying the week before that we don't have it so we have to just get on with it. Now it's an excuse.

EDIT - The Dundee Utd decisions were farcical and directly impacted the result, although we still should have won. Yesterday was a tight call. The issue wasn't VAR, the issue was we threw away a 2 goal lead to fucking Motherwell at Ibrox.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The support was never united against Gerrard when it was a lot worse than this tbf.

A lot of people have forgotten how the season was going prior to Gio’s first seven games.

We drew at home against Hearts and Motherwell (from winning positions) and Aberdeen (threw the game away in the first 15 minutes).

We are simply continuing the same form. It’s completely arguable that we would be in the exact same position now if we hadn’t switched managers.

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

That’s a baffling one.

The thing that is a bit frustrating is not knowing how much influence each party from board/Wilson/Gio has. 

Really makes it difficult to judge where to apportion blame for what’s looking to be another shambles of a window.

I agree with you that manager deserves another chance but in that case someone needs to carry the can for this season so Wilson should be one to go.

9 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

A lot of people have forgotten how the season was going prior to Gio’s first seven games.

We drew at home against Hearts and Motherwell (from winning positions) and Aberdeen (threw the game away in the first 15 minutes).

We are simply continuing the same form. It’s completely arguable that we would be in the exact same position now if we hadn’t switched managers.

We don’t play Dortmund either if Gerrard hadn’t fucked off imo

7 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

No reason the now not to give him the summer window in your opinion. 

My own is if we have no trophies come May there is a high probability they've won the lot. He doesn't survive that 

Again, why doesn’t he? Gerrard did. Twice.

This side hasn’t even got to a semi final of a Scottish Cup since Murty was in charge. 

The only way his jacket is on a shoogly peg is if we collapse and are thrashed twice by Celtic or something.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Again, why doesn’t he? Gerrard did. Twice.

This side hasn’t even got to a semi final of a Scottish Cup since Murty was in charge. 

The only way his jacket is on a shoogly peg is if we collapse and are thrashed twice by Celtic or something.

We are in a different position now to back then. 

Can’t blame Gio tbh he hasn’t been backed in the transfer market and our recruitment has been absolutely dire well before he came in, our overall tactics have improved from turgid shite with hardly a shot on goal under Gerrard, it’s individual errors that are killing us just now 

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Can’t blame Gio tbh he hasn’t been backed in the transfer market and our recruitment has been absolutely dire well before he came in, our overall tactics have improved from turgid shite with hardly a shot on goal under Gerrard, it’s individual errors that are killing us just now 

He put a CM who has been excellent at CB whilst leaving a CH on the bench. That player then contributed to losing the 1st goal. The midfielder who trplaced him continued his poor form.It was a gamble that didn't pay off and that as much as woeful use of substitutions is on him.

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

He did, he also inherited a poor form team that still had to go to 6 of the toughest away grounds in the league up till now, 

Absolutely no chance the team under gerrard and the way they were playing, were going to they 6 games and winning 3,drawing 2 and losing 1

That’s pure conjecture and guess work on your part though. We could sit and guess and speculate on how Gerrard would have got on all day but there’s no point because he is absolutely irrelevant to the discussion.

At the end of the day Gio should be judged on what he’s done as the Rangers manager and so far he’s been a complete disaster domestically.

2 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Stuff like that is just an excuse & a pretty lousy one at that

Could our recruitment have been much better, course it could/should be. The most recent signings of Diallo/Ramsey are turning out to be as bad as anything we've signed in recent times, a complete waste of time and effort.

End of the day though, we have more than enough in our squad to be hammering every team in this league apart from the tarriers, the fact we aren't has to be put onto the management team

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

On Gio though, no-one can tell me that Diallo wouldn’t have been a better option than Sakala or Arfield after 60 minutes yesterday.

Yeah, needed to take the focus off double ups on Bassey and Kent.

Whether Diallo has the stones for it I don't know. Come to think of it has he even featured at Ibrox yet? Dingwall, Parkhead, Tannadice?

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He put a CM who has been excellent at CB whilst leaving a CH on the bench. That player then contributed to losing the 1st goal. The midfielder who trplaced him continued his poor form.It was a gamble that didn't pay off and that as much as woeful use of substitutions is on him.

Think the main issue is that Gio doesn’t trust the majority of his squad players, I agree Lundstram at cb was a gamble but I could see the merit in having another ball player in there against a team who were always parking the bus, should have brought Balogun on for 2nd half and moved Lundstram into midfield though 

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Yeah, needed to take the focus off double ups on Bassey and Kent.

Whether Diallo has the stones for it I don't know. Come to think of it has he even featured at Ibrox yet? Dingwall, Parkhead, Tannadice?

Think him and Ramsey played against Hearts mate

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Stuff like that is just an excuse & a pretty lousy one at that

Could our recruitment have been much better, course it could/should be. The most recent signings of Diallo/Ramsey are turning out to be as bad as anything we've signed in recent times, a complete waste of time and effort.

End of the day though, we have more than enough in our squad to be hammering every team in this league apart from the tarriers, the fact we aren't has to be put onto the management team

So no blame on the players? The same ones who continuously let Gerrard down this season as well? 

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Think the main issue is that Gio doesn’t trust the majority of his squad players, I agree Lundstram at cb was a gamble but I could see the merit in having another ball player in there against a team who were always parking the bus, should have brought Balogun on for 2nd half and moved Lundstram into midfield though 

If he doesn't trust the squad the onus is on him to maximise activity in each transfer window. If he's unhappy with the business, or lack of, by Wilson then unless he deals with it head on its him not Wilson who'll be out of a job.

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

So no blame on the players? The same ones who continuously let Gerrard down this season as well? 

Players got the blame yesterday, crowd turned very quickly on them about 75/80 minutes & rightly so however at any club the buck stops with the manager, especially if he's inherited a team which won the league at a canter last year.

If they win the league this season we'll have a massive clear out of coaches, management, players & I suspect Ross Wilson