Attitude

ZZed

After tonight I think this thinking is prevalent.

Gio has come in knowing a lot of our players have a weak mentality after the semi-final but he had to have a long hard look at our squad to see who is good enough and has the mentality to fight for the win. We look good when thinks click right away but some players lack the grit to battle for a win. Gio looks to me as not having the screaming and shouting type of temperament, but I hope someone in the back ground has. Gio knows what it takes to win at almost every level, he will also know the type of personalities traits you need in players to have to win in the face of adversity. I think he would want in the squad/ team players that shout and demand high levels of preformance from each other as I don't think it is there at present.

His problems are: a lot of his better players were injured, he needed to rely on players that may fight back or crumble you just do not know, the squad as a lot of substandard players dragging down the acceptible levels, this leads to some players not having a back up who can take thier place when they are playing poorly and this make some complacent about keeping thier first 11 spot even when phoning it in. That situation is a slow poison that eventually effects everyone. I think, in the summer we are going to see a lot of coming and goings at our club.

Gio will not get the sack this season but I think it is going to be a rollercoster for us.

Attitute of players sucks. Management too. But lets face it, lots of us fans have been arrogant ever since that Real Madrid win in a meaningless friendly. Now time to get back to earth and hopefully manager and players do what they are paid for. Otherwise invincibles will turn into invisibles. 

Attitude every time for me. That goes for players and management. We are such a passive team in how we play. Pass and probe and pass some more. Possession is king, which is great against top quality opposition. But this is Scottish football ffs. Players should be encouraged to go forward maybe not at every chance but certainly 9 out of 10 times.. How many times have we watched our players in areas of park with space in front of them, pass instantly back without looking forward or letting ball run across them to open themselves up. How many times do you see us play 1-2s In games or triangles where we burst past people.  

Why does Kent rarely go to to touchline is another example. That’s management to me enforcing a safety first approach. Control it, keep it. It was the same under Gerrard too. Which is fine against most teams but against celtic when they are in our face it is too cowardly and that brings me to the players and their desire to win their individual battles.  Snapping into tackles, shoulder charges, wrestling with player as they run, going past your own marker. Complaining to your team mates when they fuck up. Just don’t see it. It’s all just too soft and quiet.  Fuck up and raise a hand in acknowledgement and that’s ok. I want the McCoist running 30 yards to chastise Gazza attitude. 

If the attitude from management is to fight and work hard and encourage positive play, then that should grow in players and become a habit, but players themselves need to grow a pair and bring it too. Can’t understand players not having a winning and hard work attitude. 

its should be an absolute given at a club like ours.

7 hours ago, Davidorrp said:

Attitude every time for me. That goes for players and management. We are such a passive team in how we play. Pass and probe and pass some more. Possession is king, which is great against top quality opposition. But this is Scottish football ffs. Players should be encouraged to go forward maybe not at every chance but certainly 9 out of 10 times.. How many times have we watched our players in areas of park with space in front of them, pass instantly back without looking forward or letting ball run across them to open themselves up. How many times do you see us play 1-2s In games or triangles where we burst past people.  

Why does Kent rarely go to to touchline is another example. That’s management to me enforcing a safety first approach. Control it, keep it. It was the same under Gerrard too. Which is fine against most teams but against celtic when they are in our face it is too cowardly and that brings me to the players and their desire to win their individual battles.  Snapping into tackles, shoulder charges, wrestling with player as they run, going past your own marker. Complaining to your team mates when they fuck up. Just don’t see it. It’s all just too soft and quiet.  Fuck up and raise a hand in acknowledgement and that’s ok. I want the McCoist running 30 yards to chastise Gazza attitude. 

If the attitude from management is to fight and work hard and encourage positive play, then that should grow in players and become a habit, but players themselves need to grow a pair and bring it too. Can’t understand players not having a winning and hard work attitude. 

its should be an absolute given at a club like ours.

I think we are suffering from a square ball/ back pass safety first attitude. It slows us down, allows the other team to get back and cover and stops any impetus in the attack. I don't know if it is coming from management as it was prevalent under Gerrard but we need to get rid of it and basically get the type of attitude you have out lined above. The thing for me is that it has not come out of the blue and has been with us most of this season, so it may be very difficult to shift and may need a large change over of personel. This may now be ingrained into the squads mentality.

I remember from a few podcasts that it was pointed out last year all the players rallied round one another if there was a bad challenge. They would unite and not let any of their team mates be bullied.

This season we've seen examples where the lego muncher has been nipping at Morelos and Kent and our squad haven't said boo. 

It's like the team spirit has gone and we've accepted going through the motions.

8 hours ago, ZZed said:

I think we are suffering from a square ball/ back pass safety first attitude. It slows us down, allows the other team to get back and cover and stops any impetus in the attack. I don't know if it is coming from management as it was prevalent under Gerrard but we need to get rid of it and basically get the type of attitude you have out lined above. The thing for me is that it has not come out of the blue and has been with us most of this season, so it may be very difficult to shift and may need a large change over of personel. This may now be ingrained into the squads mentality.

Totally , was embarrassing thr amount of times we had to pass back to Shagger.......no desire , belief, hunger or bravery to actually just move with the ball. Players looked like they had wellies on playing 

Attitude for a player at Rangers should come down to the minimum of being better than THEM. At the moment, and especially after Wednesday, very few can attest to being better than their shite green counterparts. It's a horrible kick up the arse but one we needed badly.