Scottish coach

falkirkNS

On 05/02/2022 at 20:27, jamess said:

Can't remember when I was so annoyed and utterly pissed off at the players on the park - lack of energy, commitment and basic football skill.   They carry the can for me. Nothing to do with Scots or Martians in the coaching staff.

After the improvement against Hearts perhaps it's a case of Gio learning all the lessons in one horrific match  ... a big like Scooge and the 3 ghosts all in one night :pipe:

4 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

After the improvement against Hearts perhaps it's a case of Gio learning all the lessons in one horrific match  ... a big like Scooge and the 3 ghosts all in one night :pipe:

Pray your right. Still think a thomson or mccann in there would be 👍

On 05/02/2022 at 18:45, Brackley Bluenose said:

The Scottish coach shit is a load of pish. We didn’t have a Scotsman on board when we were undefeated in the last seven games against them. Reactionary nonsense as always. 

Alex Rae was saying Eck told him he wanted someone in the team who knew what the club was all about ... now of course that could just be mind games to get the best out of the player but I'm not so sure. I feel that however professional or committed imports are they know one day they will probably be living elsewhere and any negatives from their playing days will be put behind them but that's not the case with local lads.

I remember back in the 80s everyone pointed to the 3 Dutch in the great Milan team but it was just as much about the 8 Italians ... indeed I think if the numbers had been reversed with 8 Dutch and 3 Italians I don't think they would have been as good. You only have to look at our best Champions League European team that played during the 3 foreigners rule

1 hour ago, Thermopylae said:

Alex Rae was saying Eck told him he wanted someone in the team who knew what the club was all about ... now of course that could just be mind games to get the best out of the player but I'm not so sure. I feel that however professional or committed imports are they know one day they will probably be living elsewhere and any negatives from their playing days will be put behind them but that's not the case with local lads.

I remember back in the 80s everyone pointed to the 3 Dutch in the great Milan team but it was just as much about the 8 Italians ... indeed I think if the numbers had been reversed with 8 Dutch and 3 Italians I don't think they would have been as good. You only have to look at our best Champions League European team that played during the 3 foreigners rule

If your saying we don't have enough Scots in the team, then I agree with you. 

2 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

Reminded me of Gerard’s first game against them, we were very passive, stood off of the play and suffered the consequences. Not sure about the 3 ghosts lol, but GVB certainly looked like he got a fright and like yourself I hope he learned a valuable lesson…

23 hours ago, Robmc1 said:

Reminded me of Gerard’s first game against them, we were very passive, stood off of the play and suffered the consequences. Not sure about the 3 ghosts lol, but GVB certainly looked like he got a fright and like yourself I hope he learned a valuable lesson…

The annoying thing is I assumed because GvB had played here and been a winner here we would have shortcut this porocess and would have hit the ground running as far as the Old Firm games go but it certainly doesn't seem to have been the case :ang:

1 hour ago, Thermopylae said:

The annoying thing is I assumed because GvB had played here and been a winner here we would have shortcut this porocess and would have hit the ground running as far as the Old Firm games go but it certainly doesn't seem to have been the case :ang:

Yeh, best we can hope for now is he has learned as did Gerrard that you need to be aggressive and play on the front foot against them…