Scottish coach

falkirkNS

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Absolutely pointless.

You may as well pick one of the fans to do that job if you're looking for someone to just tell the players how much they should hate every cunt in Scottish football.

Surely to fuck the likes of mcgregor, Jack and arfield for starters could do that job, 

1 minute ago, falkirkNS said:

Use to anyway, how did that feel being employed by an anti Rangers/SNP loving tabloid?

It was great. On the day Andy Murray announced his 'retirement', the most read story on the Daily Record's website was me ripping the pish out of Celtic and saying 55 would 'break them'. How right I was.

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I see the point the OP is trying to make. A little hatred wouldn't have went amiss last night.

If the players we have don’t hate them now they never will, no matter who you bring in. You either want to destroy them on the pitch or not, a Scottish coach isn’t going to get you that.

A motivational manager can get the most out of his players for any games and largely I think we got that with Gerrard but it ran out of steam.

Tav has been beaten enough by them to want to get revenge every time he plays them, give you that extra 10% on the pitch but it really hasn’t and he is the captain.

The captain for me is the one that needs to lead by example, jack did it last night and I have no doubt had he started the game wouldn’t have ended the same. That’s how you inspire the players around you. Think of Thomson’s crunching tackle on Keane or Hutton on McGeady, you look to your side on the park and you want to see that kind of player at your side, fighting with you for everything.

They don’t however need to be Scottish, look at the likes of Prso and Ricksen. Did they hate celtic? Possibly, but they certainly fought in every game and gave their all.

Coaches can only do so much, once the players cross the touch line it’s largely down to the individual and the collective. Even a manager can do little during a game and if the players lose it (as we did for that 5 minute spell in Dingwall conceding 2 quick fire goals and then again last night just before the break) the manager and coaches are powerless to that.

Gio could have laid out a master plan last night but if the players weren’t motivated and up for it then the plan wouldn’t be executed how it was intended.

The big question is whether the manager told the players to stand off or the players shat it and did it themselves ignoring the instructions….or maybe a bit of both. Unfortunately there is no quick fix other than the players correcting their attitude on the park, if jack starts against hearts I expect that to happen.

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

If the players we have don’t hate them now they never will, no matter who you bring in. You either want to destroy them on the pitch or not, a Scottish coach isn’t going to get you that.

A motivational manager can get the most out of his players for any games and largely I think we got that with Gerrard but it ran out of steam.

Tav has been beaten enough by them to want to get revenge every time he plays them, give you that extra 10% on the pitch but it really hasn’t and he is the captain.

The captain for me is the one that needs to lead by example, jack did it last night and I have no doubt had he started the game wouldn’t have ended the same. That’s how you inspire the players around you. Think of Thomson’s crunching tackle on Keane or Hutton on McGeady, you look to your side on the park and you want to see that kind of player at your side, fighting with you for everything.

They don’t however need to be Scottish, look at the likes of Prso and Ricksen. Did they hate celtic? Possibly, but they certainly fought in every game and gave their all.

Coaches can only do so much, once the players cross the touch line it’s largely down to the individual and the collective. Even a manager can do little during a game and if the players lose it (as we did for that 5 minute spell in Dingwall conceding 2 quick fire goals and then again last night just before the break) the manager and coaches are powerless to that.

Gio could have laid out a master plan last night but if the players weren’t motivated and up for it then the plan wouldn’t be executed how it was intended.

The big question is whether the manager told the players to stand off or the players shat it and did it themselves ignoring the instructions….or maybe a bit of both. Unfortunately there is no quick fix other than the players correcting their attitude on the park, if jack starts against hearts I expect that to happen.

well said.

3 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Hopefully with the armband.

That other fairy who had one eye on WBA shoukd have been sold in Jan and soutar brought in. The so called vice captain that slows everything down with those stupid fucking arms thing he does.

Cant wait too see the back of him and the pussy lb.

46 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Said this myself now but see craig moore calling this out also.

Not a favourable choice, coaching wise, technically ok,  we really need a Barry Ferguson type on the staff.

Impperative, that and change of captain.

Or this will turn into a slog season.

Barry would ruffle feathers but so may it be, can you imagine Gio or his staff going through those shitebags last night?

So if we get a Scottish coach in and make Arfield captain all will be fine? 

You could have the fucking SAS in shouting or as you say "ruffling feathers" but when a manager sets a team out to sit deep, not high press and allow players to run at our defense all the shouting in the fucking world won't make a difference.

We've lost two games of football in the league.

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

We’re soft as fuck and never spoiling for a fight. We never back each other up on the park, apart from once with Griffiths this season. We are so passive. Never surround a ref. Barely cause a fuss until it’s way too late.

Although bringing in a BF or Scottish coach doesn’t help that IMO. 

At 3-0 down, there would have been a red card in past fixtures. We are far too passive and it starts with the manager after watching his post-match comments.

What good did having a rhabid scum bastard in Kennedy have in the dressing room for celtic last season?

We need a coaching staff who are clever, vibrant, improve players and know how to win football games.

Having a mascot will do fuck all, we have plenty of them already anyway.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

At 3-0 down, there would have been a red card in past fixtures. We are far too passive and it starts with the manager after watching his post-match comments.

Felt it was a similar issue under Gerrard after an initial mental 18 months with red cards galore.