Martin Fraisal

Meh, looks okay.

We have very high standards of our keepers though, so almost feel like no matter who we go for after Greegs will a step down, although maybe not on this seasons form.

They will be measured against peak McGregor.

From the video above there are some pretty smart saves, but also some ones where I cant help he could have put the ball in a safer area, and he maybe should have held a few more of them rather than just punching them away.

20 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

Not for me. McLaughlin should remain a backup with a new number 1.

This guy at 28 and doesn't have much pedigree. I'd prefer Siegrist in all honesty.

Don't think we can hunt the bargain basement for a number 1.

What pedigree does Siegrist have? he played for Solihull motors and Wycombe wanderers before the mighty Dundee Utd

18 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

What pedigree does Siegrist have? he played for Solihull motors and Wycombe wanderers before the mighty Dundee Utd

That's what I mean. The guy has no pedigree and if we went down that route I'd prefer Siegrist, would probably be cheaper wages, experience in our league, we've seen him plenty of times and he's a number 1.

This guy has played more than 20 games once in the last 4 years.

Both probably aren't good enough in all honesty.

1 minute ago, Johnsey said:

That's what I mean. The guy has no pedigree and if we went down that route I'd prefer Siegrist, would probably be cheaper wages, experience in our league, we've seen him plenty of times and he's a number 1.

This guy has played more than 20 games once in the last 4 years.

Both probably aren't good enough in all honesty.

Seems to have broken through at Shalke and is number 1 there, 28 is still relatively young for a keeper as well, looks really comfortable with his feet and looks like a sweeper keeper type could be handy against park the bus teams would allow us to push further up the park, not saying he’s the answer but I think he’s 100% the type Gio will be looking for 

Everybody was saying Bassey was no good enough until  circumstances dictated he had to be given an opportunity, surely McLaughlin deserves the same.

Is McCrorie no up to being a back-up?

If the answer is no to both these questions then they will no push a new keeper and we should get rid.

If yes what the hell do we need the expense of a new keeper when money could be spent better elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Everybody was saying Bassey was no good enough until  circumstances dictated he had to be given an opportunity, surely McLaughlin deserves the same.

Is McCrorie no up to being a back-up?

If the answer is no to both these questions then they will no push a new keeper and we should get rid.

If yes what the hell do we need the expense of a new keeper when money could be spent better elsewhere.

The jury is still out on Bassey tbh, ideally we punt Barisic in the summer and bring in another left back to compete for the left back position 

17 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Seems to have broken through at Shalke and is number 1 there, 28 is still relatively young for a keeper as well, looks really comfortable with his feet and looks like a sweeper keeper type could be handy against park the bus teams would allow us to push further up the park, not saying he’s the answer but I think he’s 100% the type Gio will be looking for 

Yea I can understand that and I'm all for a sweeper keeper that can help start attacks and even beat presses. I just feel McLaughlin can already do that, I'd prefer we went and got a real decent keeper as number 1 that ideally has that attribute as well. No guarantees with any transfer I just have a bad feeling about this one. Reminds me of that keeper Rodgers signed for celtic.

5 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

The jury is still out on Bassey tbh, ideally we punt Barisic in the summer and bring in another left back to compete for the left back position 

Barasic is a wingback being played out of position at fullback which is messing his game up.

You dont become a bad player from being a Croatian  international overnight 

3 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Barasic is a wingback being played out of position at fullback which is messing his game up.

You dont become a bad player from being a Croatian  international overnight 

His confidence is totally shot to pieces, better for both parties he moves on 

5 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

Yea I can understand that and I'm all for a sweeper keeper that can help start attacks and even beat presses. I just feel McLaughlin can already do that, I'd prefer we went and got a real decent keeper as number 1 that ideally has that attribute as well. No guarantees with any transfer I just have a bad feeling about this one. Reminds me of that keeper Rodgers signed for celtic.

I’m not convinced by McLaughlin tbh mate, we 100% need to sign a keeper in the summer wether it’s this boy or someone else, don’t think Siegrist is the answer tho.