Barry: I'd rather win the league than Europa

Also, not every game has to lead to something :lol:

my best European night at Ibrox was when we qualified for the last 16 of the CL after an absolutely wank game, in amongst an absolutely wank season - we were 15+ points behind celtic and it wasn't even Christmas yet

55 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

It's mental, Sunday was one of my favourite ever days following Rangers and cunts think it's not important.

Again no one said it wasnt important, dont think ANY rangers fan has said that

However if someone offered you on sunday that we'd get beat, but beat Leipzig over two legs and win in seville, what would you say? 

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Beating them in a semi final which we have done many times is your "best ever day supporting rangers" 

Fuck me, 9iar, helicopter sunday, first to 50, fiorentina penalties, 55 last season, numerous other times we've beat them when under pressure, but yesterday was your best ever? 

Fucking hell yesterday was good, wasn't even as good as the mccoist winner at hampden when robertson was sent off after 6mins though

See my last post to @CR3

I was 2 years old when that game was on

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Again no one said it wasnt important, dont think ANY rangers fan has said that

However if someone offered you on sunday that we'd get beat, but beat Leipzig over two legs and win in seville, what would you say? 

Loads and loads of people have said on here they don't care about the cups over the past few years

I'd rather win the Europa obviously

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

See my last post to @CR3

I was 2 years old when that game was on

Okay so you are 32yo going by your post, how long have you been going to games, even if i was there yesterday, id still put the first to 50 day above yesterday, 

Fair enough though if thats your choice, at least we all enjoyed it 

12 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

You literally just said no Rangers fan has said that, make up your mind :lol: 

You said about sunday not being important, nothing about domestic cups previous years

Again absolutely no one said sunday wasnt important, it was, to stop the run of defeats to them, to see if the squad had it in them as well as gio

Absolutely ive yet to see anyone say sunday wasnt important 

26 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Okay so you are 32yo going by your post, how long have you been going to games, even if i was there yesterday, id still put the first to 50 day above yesterday, 

...OK?

Not entirely sure where you're going with this. On the one hand you're downplaying domestic failure v European success and on the other hand you're saying your best days supporting the club were domestically?

36 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

It’s just his own personal favourite game mate . His reasons for that are his own and nothing to really get worked up over 

10 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

...OK?

Not entirely sure where you're going with this. On the one hand you're downplaying domestic failure v European success and on the other hand you're saying your best days supporting the club were domestically?

Ive never been abroad with rangers unfortunately so some of they amazing days i havent witnessed live like you were saying, actual being in the presence of events, first to 50 would be the best i think, and it would have topped yesterday had i been there 

But overall, watching on telly, listening on radio, yesterday isnt the top imo

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

It’s just his own personal favourite game mate . His reasons for that are his own and nothing to really get worked up over 

Thats kinda what my last sentence was all about, its his choice so fair enough, we'll all be different, good thing is that we all enjoyed it 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I’d probably say Sunday was my favourite anaw, but I’ve only been going for 6 year regularly.

Some of the best times ive had have been watching games in a boozer, the vignal and novo old firm game, spent the whole day in the florida park, first win at parkhead in a decade iirc, fucking place was absolutely brilliant after the game

44 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Also, not every game has to lead to something :lol:

my best European night at Ibrox was when we qualified for the last 16 of the CL after an absolutely wank game, in amongst an absolutely wank season - we were 15+ points behind celtic and it wasn't even Christmas yet

The 1 or 2 minutes between our game ending and the other group game ending felt like a life time, and although mobiles were a thing it wasn't like today where everyone in the crowd could check (assuming you get a signal), so we all waiting on the announcement coming over the tannoy - mental scenes!:dance:

But on topic, I'd take the Europa League win this year, for the reputational and financial benefits, plus it puts us into the groups of the CL and the cash it brings next year. Plus as an added bonus the final is in Seville, which ruins one of their favourite foreign places and would be forever associated with us and our win :lol:

2 minutes ago, AljayBoy said:

The 1 or 2 minutes between our game ending and the other group game ending felt like a life time, and although mobiles were a thing it wasn't like today where everyone in the crowd could check (assuming you get a signal), so we all waiting on the announcement coming over the tannoy - mental scenes!:dance:

But on topic, I'd take the Europa League win this year, for the reputational and financial benefits, plus it puts us into the groups of the CL and the cash it brings next year. Plus as an added bonus the final is in Seville, which ruins one of their favourite foreign places and would be forever associated with us and our win :lol:

I think anyone who wouldn’t rather the europa over the league now we are at this stage is kidding themselves on.

start of the season it’s a pope dream but we are now on the verge of something special and making our second final in 14 years. For a Scottish club starting in the qualifiers in the arse end of nowhere every season it’s an incredible achievement

throw in we were in the 3rd division 10 years ago then it’s a remarkable story

16 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I’d probably say Sunday was my favourite anaw, but I’ve only been going for 6 year regularly.

Yeah yesterday was incredible. Didn't think Dortmund away would be beaten this season the way things were going but the atmosphere and the way we won it was amazing. Thursday night was special too.

The league is always a priority as that’s where we can win silverware every year and give ourselves a chance of CL football

However we’ve entered the rare situation where winning a European trophy is now a realistic possibility and that is the dream scenario above all else at the moment including the league 

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Yeah yesterday was incredible. Didn't think Dortmund away would be beaten this season the way things were going but the atmosphere and the way we won it was amazing. Thursday night was special too.

Been some week, mad that it’s felt like a shite season but still have some unbelievable moments.

5 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

I think anyone who wouldn’t rather the europa over the league now we are at this stage is kidding themselves on.

start of the season it’s a pope dream but we are now on the verge of something special and making our second final in 14 years. For a Scottish club starting in the qualifiers in the arse end of nowhere every season it’s an incredible achievement

throw in we were in the 3rd division 10 years ago then it’s a remarkable story

Nail on head bud, I know our cup record over the last decade is shocking but as you say look where we have came back from, I know we should have won the Scottish Cup in 2016 and should have won both cups last season but all in all we have being playing catch up massively against the soap dodgers, win the Scottish Cup next month and I would expect us to start kicking on domestically.....as for winning the Europa it will be our greatest ever achievement :tu: