Barry: I'd rather win the league than Europa

One of my favourite ever players but as a pundit he is miles off it. He was happy seeing the second goal in yesterday and obviously loves the Gers but I really dont understand his way of thinking sometimes. I cant see him saying he'd rather have won the league in 2008 than Manchester. 

--------------------

Barry Ferguson insists even Europa League glory wouldn't make up for the pain of losing the league title to celtic this season.

And the Rangers hero says he'd happily trade glory in Seville next month for a second Premiership crown on the bounce.

But Ferguson wasn't having it as he said: "I've got to go for the league. I'm just giving you my honest opinion, I want to win the league.

It's your bread and butter.

Even now, with four or five weeks to go, I would still want the league rather than the Europa League.

"It's over 38 games, it's a longer period. You go away to places where it's difficult, coming through the winter months.

"It's just my opinion, people might be different, but I'm just saying I would rather win the league championship."

Aye he's talking pish here.

Without stating the obvious of wanting to win both I would gladly give up one league title to win the Europa League. Would be our and Scottish football's biggest achievement when you consider the huge gulf in financial resources in European football now.

3 minutes ago, Willis said:

I want the champions league to be our bread and butter. And winning the Europa is the first step in making us constant serious contenders in Europe. I want to win both the league and Europa but if its between the two it has to be the Europa

absolutely agree