Lee Wallace

falkirkNS

12 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

What do you mean we didn't pay big money, he signed under craig whyte who in the same summer bumped up the wages of davis, shagger and whittaker

He was an international player at the time who was getting interest from clubs down south, he'd easily have got 5 figures a week for wages

He’d be at least £12k+, no way it was 6 or 7. 

51 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

What do you mean we didn't pay big money, he signed under craig whyte who in the same summer bumped up the wages of davis, shagger and whittaker

He was an international player at the time who was getting interest from clubs down south, he'd easily have got 5 figures a week for wages

He was our highest money transfer signing after we sold Jelavic + Boughie and he was only what, £1.5m or something, most of our signings that window were £200-300k, is all I'm saying

39 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He’d be at least £12k+, no way it was 6 or 7. 

You reckon Souttar will be on over £10k a week with us? Considering he'll be £3-4k max at Hearts. 

I don't see it but could be way off here obviously :lol:. We double these guys wages and they still jump at it - once we gave Wallace his extension I've no doubt we made him a significantly better earner, but not when he signed. 

36 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

He was our highest money transfer signing after we sold Jelavic + Boughie and he was only what, £1.5m or something, most of our signings that window were £200-300k, is all I'm saying

You reckon Souttar will be on over £10k a week with us? Considering he'll be £3-4k max at Hearts. 

I don't see it but could be way off here obviously :lol:. We double these guys wages and they still jump at it - once we gave Wallace his extension I've no doubt we made him a significantly better earner, but not when he signed. 

Souttar will definitely be on over that mate.

40 minutes ago, tm91 said:

People blame them for leaving because they announced they were leaving in a press conference where they both said Rangers was dead and they had no loyalty to the club. It was how they left. They fanned the flames and fed into the bullshit that Rangers were now somehow a new club. Naismith saying that, as a Rangers fan from a Rangers family, was particularly painful.

Naismith is a judas cunt and I'll go to my grave saying it.

Yes, never depised a bear but to this day i despise that cunt.

7 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Doesn't matter how much he cost, fact is he was a scottish international player wanted by clubs down south and we werent shy of paying 5 figures to anyone

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Doesn't matter how much he cost, fact is he was a scottish international player wanted by clubs down south and we werent shy of paying 5 figures to anyone

10 games in 9 years for Scotland

Wanted by a club, Wolves. even at that it was never really a goer. 

Nobody else 

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Some people on here are actually bizarre as fuck man. It’s like they actively go out of their way to moan like fuck and talk down anything positive about this club and a lot of the people who have represented it.

Wallace stayed and played for us at a level of football that was barely above amateur during what were the best years of his career and people want to moan and split hairs about his wages, his ability or whether he did it because it suited him or not.

Wallace is a fucking Rangers hero and anybody who thinks otherwise has very short memories about what a shitshow we were at the time and how easily he, like so many others did, could have walked away from it.

Think people have forgotten how bad it felt now we’re EL finalists again and back to being successful.

he was about the only player that I liked and felt was a decent footballer - often was the only one trying to make something happen when we were scraping draws against part timers.

Some people on here are actually bizarre as fuck man. It’s like they actively go out of their way to moan like fuck and talk down anything positive about this club and a lot of the people who have represented it.

Wallace stayed and played for us at a level of football that was barely above amateur during what were the best years of his career and people want to moan and split hairs about his wages, his ability or whether he did it because it suited him or not.

Wallace is a fucking Rangers hero and anybody who thinks otherwise has very short memories about what a shitshow we were at the time and how easily he, like so many others did, could have walked away from it.

That first part is true and usually the same suspects shouting anything positive down..

4 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

Think people have forgotten how bad it felt now we’re EL finalists again and back to being successful.

he was about the only player that I liked and felt was a decent footballer - often was the only one trying to make something happen when we were scraping draws against part timers.

Don't think that's right in the context of this discussion. The Wallace issue has been debated on here since 2017 when we were still utter dogshit.

I think the discussion has largely been around the term ‘legend’ being used, or the naivety thinking that he only stayed because he loved Rangers.

Do you class him as a legend? 

Whether Lee Wallace is a legend or not is a legitimate debate - there are various strong points on either side.

37 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Whether Lee Wallace is a legend or not is a legitimate debate - there are various strong points on either side.

As a player it’s debatable, but I think the way he stood up as a leader during a time when the real leaders were all abandoning ship make him one if that makes sense.