Transfers done early - bring it back!

The lack of transfer news is killing me and slightly worrying. I think I prefered Gerrard's approach to getting transfers done early in the window. We definitel need at least a striker, centre/attacking mid and right winger. That's assuming we don't lose Kent, in which case we'd need a left winger too!

Do you think the board are waiting to see how CL qualifies pan out before investing?

3 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Do you think the board are waiting to see how CL qualifies pan out before investing?

We can't afford to be taking that gamble I'm afraid. We need to be proactive in trying to qualify for the group stages. Getting players in before these games is crucial. Look at Malmo last season, a disaster.

9 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

We can't afford to be taking that gamble I'm afraid. We need to be proactive in trying to qualify for the group stages. Getting players in before these games is crucial. Look at Malmo last season, a disaster.

Its a bigger gamble to spunk a load of money we dont have and then still fail to qualify for the CL.

We should invest what we can afford now. If we make the CL, then we can look to add a bit more quality before the window closes.

We still have time before the qualifiers to do this, so if they are working to get the targets they have identified then fine.

If we get pumped out of the qualifiers and have brought no-one other than Souttar and a kid from Millwall in, then we would be right to moan.

Dragging our heels in the transfer market I think played a part in Gerrard walking away. In my opinion. 

That said, we don't know if Gio is happy with what he has or if he has gave the club a list of players or positions he needs improved. He didn't seem keen to sign anyone when he took over. 

Just now, Rangers Da 1872 said:

Dragging our heels in the transfer market I think played a part in Gerrard walking away. In my opinion. 

That said, we don't know if Gio is happy with what he has or if he has gave the club a lost if players or positions he needs improved. He didn't seem keen to sign anyone when he took over. 

Cracking name shagger

On 28/06/2022 at 13:06, JackAlex93 said:

If we can’t afford players then why can’t we afford?  I know players have to leave but where is the money from the Europa league run?  We need an attacker and waiting on the guy from the Greek team is a joke, give them a time frame and move on and get someone else if they don’t agree to it.

Aribo, Kent and Morelos need to be told sign or be put on the transfer list and get them out the door as soon as possible.

Reaching the champions league and winning the league should be our 2 main goals this year 

7 hours ago, Copland bear said:

If we can’t afford players then why can’t we afford?  I know players have to leave but where is the money from the Europa league run?  We need an attacker and waiting on the guy from the Greek team is a joke, give them a time frame and move on and get someone else if they don’t agree to it.

Aribo, Kent and Morelos need to be told sign or be put on the transfer list and get them out the door as soon as possible.

Reaching the champions league and winning the league should be our 2 main goals this year 

I have a horrible feeling Aribo Kent and Morelos are all waiting to see if we qualify for the Champions League group stages, if we qualify they will see out their deals with no desire to extend and if we fail, they will ask to move on.