Old Firm Allocations

28 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It was around 7,500 each I think.

Fair enough. I thought that they gave you 8,000 tickets (looking at previous answers) but if there's an equal allocation nobody can whinge. Fair enough, thanks.

15 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

That 3rd paragraph is absolutel nonsense. We’ve ruined a Derby cos you can’t see thousands of celtic fans on tv at Ibrox??

My son missed these games and I had to move seats before now we can sit together to watch a domestic game as it should be. There’s a debate for a 1500/2000 away allocation but no way should season ticket holders miss out on domestic games cos it looks good on tv.

Ive been to parkhead too with 8000 others and it’s great but it’s not better than sitting in your own seat in your own stadium.

You've chosen to take it as "we've ruined the derby cos you can't see celtic fans at Ibrox", the way I look at it is we've (us and them) have ruined it because we don't see the spine tingling wall of 8000 Rangers fans in the Ranger end at there place.

For about 25 years both clubs sold ST's in those areas at a reduced rate because it didn't include Old Firm games, people bought them knowing that and in a lot of cases bought them happy with that as they didn't want to take their kids to that type of game in those kind of atmospheres anyway.

In a lot of cases it suited both clubs having the bigger travelling support because they'd charge an obscene amount for those games in the knoweldge that most paying the individual price would be away fans who they didn't mind exploiting.

I've never had to move seat to accommodate the tims so we're looking at it from opposite ends of the spectrum which is absolutely fine, those who benefit from the change are always going to support it but you've experienced being in among 8000 at parkhead, your boy will probably never get that experience until something gives.

For me its a diddy club mentality, we (us and them) should be better and smarter than this, lead by example and showcase our game in its best light but all we do is look as petty, insincere, childish and as diddy as 9 of the other 10 clubs (livi are the only ones with a mature outlook in the whole league IMO).

4 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

You've chosen to take it as "we've ruined the derby cos you can't see celtic fans at Ibrox", the way I look at it is we've (us and them) have ruined it because we don't see the spine tingling wall of 8000 Rangers fans in the Ranger end at there place.

For about 25 years both clubs sold ST's in those areas at a reduced rate because it didn't include Old Firm games, people bought them knowing that and in a lot of cases bought them happy with that as they didn't want to take their kids to that type of game in those kind of atmospheres anyway.

In a lot of cases it suited both clubs having the bigger travelling support because they'd charge an obscene amount for those games in the knoweldge that most paying the individual price would be away fans who they didn't mind exploiting.

I've never had to move seat to accommodate the tims so we're looking at it from opposite ends of the spectrum which is absolutely fine, those who benefit from the change are always going to support it but you've experienced being in among 8000 at parkhead, your boy will probably never get that experience until something gives.

For me its a diddy club mentality, we (us and them) should be better and smarter than this, lead by example and showcase our game in its best light but all we do is look as petty, insincere, childish and as diddy as 9 of the other 10 clubs (livi are the only ones with a mature outlook in the whole league IMO).

Would you give your seat for a home game to someone forced to give theirs to a celtic supporter?

Broomie ST holders would be inconvenienced by having to move. Why not spread the pain in a ballot or cyclical basis so that others are forced to suffer somewhat by missing the game at the expense of a Broomie ST holder?

That would be the obvious solution to overcoming our Diddy mentality without only one section of the support suffering, no?

37 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Would you give your seat for a home game to someone forced to give theirs to a celtic supporter?

Broomie ST holders would be inconvenienced by having to move. Why not spread the pain in a ballot or cyclical basis so that others are forced to suffer somewhat by missing the game at the expense of a Broomie ST holder?

That would be the obvious solution to overcoming our Diddy mentality without only one section of the support suffering, no?

Give celtic 2500 and we get same

No one misses out

29 minutes ago, bouncy said:

Give celtic 2500 and we get same

No one misses out

Not sure we have 2500 spare to give them when adding in segregation.

Folk wanting to return to the old days, as long as other bears are the ones taking the brunt, is what I find mental.

I understand from a marketing the game argument etc that as a spectacle it’s better

However I have no desire to see anymore of them inside our ground and certainly not at the expense of other bears moving.

Id also like to point out that we gave them a full stand and they stick us out of sight with restricted viewing….

There’s no doubt they could influence the game much more than we could - Stick with the current amount and let’s get them battered on the pitch

21 minutes ago, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

I understand from a marketing the game argument etc that as a spectacle it’s better

However I have no desire to see anymore of them inside our ground and certainly not at the expense of other bears moving.

Id also like to point out that we gave them a full stand and they stick us out of sight with restricted viewing….

There’s no doubt they could influence the game much more than we could - Stick with the current amount and let’s get them battered on the pitch

I don't see ant evidence of them influencing a game due to supporter location 

52 minutes ago, bouncy said:

I don't see ant evidence of them influencing a game due to supporter location 

Of course an entire stand of fans will influence a team away from home, fucking hell. 

Cut their allocation down to 10 seats 

22 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Of course an entire stand of fans will influence a team away from home, fucking hell. 

Cut their allocation down to 10 seats 

It was ridiculous them having the whole of the Broomloan Stand and I hope that never returns.

They should get the corner like all other SPFL teams, 10 seats might be a little too few. :pipe: