What does the board deem as success for this season

qwerty

3 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

We are a team who have sold two of our best players and it shows. 

Made a lot of money but lost a lot of talent which I can't see us replacing 

Strangely only made one goal of a difference from last time there.

10 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

If the portion of the Bassey money we’ve spent had been done wisely, we would have been going into today’s game with 100% record every bit as much as them. Unfortunately, we’ve pissed it up against a wall. We’ve spent in excess of £10m and not one of them played today and two weren’t even in the squad. That says it all in itself. 

15 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Strangely only made one goal of a difference from last time there.

Fair point. Yet another nightmare. 

We are generally poor at their dump in the league, but Gio and the team showed no enthusiasm today.

Every single player and Gio are guilty. 

23 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I’m not sure how much of a difference they would have made today.

Assuming Bassey plays CB does he stop any of the goals? Maybe his pace could have matched Jota’s for the 2nd?

Aribo put in plenty of performances just like Tillman’s today - anonymous as the game passed him by.

6 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Fair point. Yet another nightmare. 

We are generally poor at their dump in the league, but Gio and the team showed no enthusiasm today.

Every single player and Gio are guilty. 

Yes mate, I was fully on board with your point.

Bassey came on a ton after, so I could have seen him making a difference today, especially as Borna was more like himself.

Aribo would probably have been his usual mix…

But the enthusiasm, yes - they  seemed too ready to let that lot roll over the top of them, tell them which way the ball was going to go…

Can’t excuse that.

8 minutes ago, rossco87 said:

I’m not sure how much of a difference they would have made today.

Assuming Bassey plays CB does he stop any of the goals? Maybe his pace could have matched Jota’s for the 2nd?

Aribo put in plenty of performances just like Tillman’s today - anonymous as the game passed him by.

You are probably right.

We fucked up there last season too.

Can't help but think we have lost 2 talented players and are struggling to make up the difference in quality. 

19 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

You are probably right.

We fucked up there last season too.

Can't help but think we have lost 2 talented players and are struggling to make up the difference in quality. 

Can’t disagree we miss Bassey’s sheer physical qualities. It may be that he would have changed the dynamic of our defence and got us playing more aggressively.

For me, while Aribo was obviously a very talented player he has a bit of the Kent myth about him in that he could for long spells of the season looking like he was playing brilliantly without actually positively contributing to our play (i.e. plenty of stepovers but no real end product)

He obviously had that pre Afcon period last year when he was the best player in the league, so if we had that player he would defo have made a difference, but that was only for a 6/8 week period of last season.

44 minutes ago, rossco87 said:

Can’t disagree we miss Bassey’s sheer physical qualities. It may be that he would have changed the dynamic of our defence and got us playing more aggressively.

For me, while Aribo was obviously a very talented player he has a bit of the Kent myth about him in that he could for long spells of the season looking like he was playing brilliantly without actually positively contributing to our play (i.e. plenty of stepovers but no real end product)

He obviously had that pre Afcon period last year when he was the best player in the league, so if we had that player he would defo have made a difference, but that was only for a 6/8 week period of last season.

45 minutes ago, Blacky Bear said:

More money from the fans.

?